corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's.
corsadonk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Aug 12 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Why not just keep the Coupe and tune it to around 280/300bhp. Will still be plenty fast, but in a car that feels safe and feels like its meant to have that sort of power.

1st dibs on the splitter though if you decide to split it from the bumper.

If I kept the Coupe I would strip the interior, and fit bucket seats.

Thats what I like about Corsa's making them too fast for their own good.
carl roper

13th Aug 12 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Potential

Take it you miss the rawness of your old stripped corsa's then?
corsadonk
Premium Member

14th Aug 12 at 06:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na, the teg was just guttless.
Corsa_Sport21

14th Aug 12 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did you think of the DC2??

The way they attack corners is unreal, but the straight line speed is pretty poor imo for a car with as good as 190bhp.
corsadonk
Premium Member

14th Aug 12 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

/\

Yeah unreal in the bends, but pretty shit in a straight line.

The other week I was doing 120 along some sweeping bends in the teg and it felt like it could do them faster, but in the Coupe at 100 it wasn't very composed.
bigron1988

15th Aug 12 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Z20let-Corsa-Full-Gm-Mount-Kit-BRAND-NEW-Astra-Conversion-Z20leh-Vxr-/221100882809?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item337aa3bb79
corsadonk
Premium Member

16th Aug 12 at 06:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, Ben I looked at that last night.

But I might go for Warren's kit, because it comes with the mounts, spacers, hubs, bearings and a wiring guide. My plan is to be able to ring him if I get stuck.

Now I'm wondering when to start stripping the Astra.
carl roper

16th Aug 12 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you waiting at get stripping now, i want to see this bad boy at combe
corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Aug 12 at 05:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, chance of it being ready next month.

But it will be done by the Spring action day.
bigron1988

1st Nov 12 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update
corsadonk
Premium Member

1st Nov 12 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a massive pile of bits and no Corsa.

I'm getting married next month, so I can't see much happening till next year now.

At least I know the engine and box are good, I've done over 1k miles in the Astra now.

I've also made a gay video, when I fitted a K&N.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zy99Tt8lRA
corsadonk
Premium Member

1st Jan 13 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the Tax ran out on the Astra today, it wasn't pooring it down, so I crack on stripping it.

Fingers crossed I can start taking the engine out on the weekend.

I've listed a few thing on Ebay, to try a free up some funds let me know if you need anything.
corsadonk
Premium Member

5th Jan 13 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had half a day on the Astra today, made a start on removing the engine.

I've just got the starter, and alternator to un plug I think. Then it should just a case of un-bolting the mounts, pull out the driveshafts and hoist it out.

I've been looking for a Corsa, and I've been finding it hard to find one for cheap, with good bodywork.
corsadonk
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I'm really pleased because I got the engine and box out today. I only left one plug on it, which was the reverse switch. Everything came undone without snapping anything which is always nice.

The moment it came out the top.

I even had time to do the weekly shop in Swindon.

[Edited on 06-01-2013 by corsadonk]
Bprice91

7th Jan 13 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only just seen your from marlbrough only down the road from me! looking forward to seeing this
corsadonk
Premium Member

7th Jan 13 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, cool. Keep a eye out.
CORSAb GSi rep

7th Jan 13 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking forward to seeing this car cant wait
corsadonk
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSAb GSi rep
Looking forward to seeing this car cant wait

Not as much as me.
corsadonk
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took a day off work today, because I had to go see the Dr, for the cold I've had for ages now. Waste of time that was.

Since the weather been good, I thought I'd best get some more stuff done.

I must of spent an hour working out how to get the transponder off the ignition switch. Along with the steering wheel, which went well. Then I removed fuel lines and the pump. No pictures of that because it was a bit boring. After that I unbolted the gearbox, because I've got a Quaife ATB to go in it. I also fitted a light weight flywheel, and have a look at the clucth while I was at it, which is knacked.

I've also got a alloy underdrive pully, which has a flange on the engine side to stop crap going into the cambelt.

My top cover was broken, so I fitted a new one.

I gave the thermostat housing a good clean, and fitted a 82 degree stat.

corsadonk
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also had a delivery from Harry Hockly.
My bored out steering knuckles to take, a VW wheel bearing so the hub flanges don't need turning down.

Because on my old XE'd B I sheared them, with only 190 hp, so I only had the CV joint holding my wheel on.

You can see a fair bit is turned off the bit that goes into the bearing, making them weaker.

[Edited on 09-01-2013 by corsadonk]
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Jan 13 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good progress, will be following...
corsadonk
Premium Member

10th Jan 13 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers big man.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

10th Jan 13 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work Mike!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
corsadonk
Premium Member

11th Jan 13 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you.
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drop my gearbox off at Newbury Transmissions on Friday to get the ATB fitted, he said they have never taken one apart, but he'll give a price once it's in bits. I was gonna get SBS to do it, but he's bit of a drive. So I thought I'd try this place since I can put it in the back of the van and do it while at work. I've told him I just want the diff fitted so, fingers crossed it won't be too much.

I came home to a nice delivery from Auto Vaux on Friday, great service and price as always.

VXR Turbo, fitting kit, new oil return which was leaking on my old one, a new v clamp, sump plug, oil filter, 5l of oil and a lower sump gasket.

This afternoon I fitted a my Forge actuator, and recirc valve. I'll try and get a bit more done outside tomorrow.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's. 24 database queries in 0.2010040 seconds