corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's.
corsadonk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Jan 13 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I plan to have the first week in March off work to do it.
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesterday after work, I removed the balancer shaft from the the block, and the bearing caps so I could thread the oilways, and plug them.

Which I did today at work, when I got home I fitted the new gridle, splash plate and pick up pipe.

This evening I thought I'd have a go at finishing off my gearbox, I've got it all back together, it selects all gears, but doesn't turn unless it's in neutral. So God knows what I'm gonna do now.

Changing the diff does look like a easy job now, so I think might just have to bite the bullet and buy another gearbox. :face:
corsadonk
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the car booked in for a MOT this morning, nice and early. It passed without any issues. Once that was sorted, I used their jet wash to give the engine and bay a good clean.

I had some brunch, then cracked on with taking it apart.

When I removed the bumper I was greeted to a bent crash bar.

After a few hours work, I got the engine and box undone, and resting on the subframe. I lifted it out with my crane, and started to strip all the crap off it.

This is how I left it, I'm pretty pleased with what I got done.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good progress mate,no messing about.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
corsadonk
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, fingers crossed I can get the LET in the bay.
davegreen
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that'll fit in there like it was factory fitted! suprising how much space there is in the bay of a C. you'll have it in and running in a few days.
corsadonk
Premium Member

5th Mar 13 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Dave, the C's are much better than B's you can walk into the engine bay with the subframe off.

Still no clutch till later I had bit of mix up.

So I did a few little random jobs today.

I fitted my Walbro fuel pump.

These engines have the fuel reg in the tank, so you need to plumb in a return line from the engine.

The return comes off this Y.
This it removed. the supply hose is just about long enough if you move the filter forward.

I cut off the Y and used a 8mm push fit joiner, and ran return to the front of the car, from my old Astra
NathanR

5th Mar 13 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work buddy !! Will be boosting away before you know it
corsadonk
Premium Member

5th Mar 13 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope so yeah. Fingers crossed it will be running this week.
bigron1988

5th Mar 13 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bringing it to the fast show?
corsadonk
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might do yeah. I need to check if I'm on call or not. But I'll race ya for pinks.
djgritt
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good progress
Mark B

6th Mar 13 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got engine mounts sorted?? If so where did u get them and how much were they. Cheers
bigron1988

6th Mar 13 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
I might do yeah. I need to check if I'm on call or not. But I'll race ya for pinks.

Deal
corsadonk
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well some highs and some lows today. I picked a nice used F28 clutch last night from Dale. Thank you.

I fitted it to the flywheel this morning, once I had that on it was time to get the gearbox on.

Next to the CDTI mounts.

Ready to go on, after a bit of sweating, it went on. I tried it with the engine at waist height this time, and it proved to work well much better than doing it closer to the floor.

Then I fitted the chassie mounts.

With the Astra mount I had to elongated the holes, it wasn't too bad because it's alloy.

Once I had the mounts in postion, I moved the engine and box into the bay. It went in really easy, miles more simple than a XE into a B anyway.

After that is was all doom and gloom. I tried to put the subframe on, but because I had fitted the front and rear mounts, it wouldn't go on so off they came. I got the subframe on but the bracket on the box above fowls it, so I had to drop it again, and cut it off.

Then I fitted the rear mount, which went ok a bit of messing about, and I had to go to the local agriculture supply place to get a few M12 bolts because I didn't have any that were long enough.

Then I moved on to the front mount, which just went downhill fast. I saved the brackets from the Astra, the 3 pot doesn't have a front mount. They seem to be as much use a inflatable pincushion. So after loads of farting about, I didn't get anywhere, and started playing with the clutch pipe, I didn't know the pipe coming from the gearbox needed a seal, so I clipped on the pipe, and removed the clamp letting fluid run into the bell housing. So I took it off again, check the box that came from the Corsa to see it had seal. So I'm waiting for it stop dripping, and I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks for looking
corsadonk
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Good progress

Cheers, but I think I've hit the wall today.
corsadonk
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark B
You got engine mounts sorted?? If so where did u get them and how much were they. Cheers

Yeah I used this company.
http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/acatalog/Corsa01_Engine_Mounts.html
I used the gearbox mounts for the Z17DTH, but don't bother with the 24463130 I used one from LMF, I'll get a picture tomorrow if it isn't pissing it down.

[Edited on 06-03-2013 by corsadonk]
corsadonk
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
quote:

Deal

Bollocks.
Mark B

6th Mar 13 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mark B

Yeah I used this company.
http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/acatalog/Corsa01_Engine_Mounts.html
I used the gearbox mounts for the Z17DTH, but don't bother with the 24463130 I used one from LMF, I'll get a picture tomorrow if it isn't pissing it down.

[Edited on 06-03-2013 by corsadonk]

Your a Star Cheers mate.do u happen to have a link to the lmf one?? Also did u make the spacer plate up your self??
Cheers
corsadonk
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's this one.
http://www.mathijssentechnics.nl/?View=page&part_id=777104&lhid=&lvid=&mid=3
The short fork is on the page before, but LMF should be able to help.
corsadonk
Premium Member

7th Mar 13 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
bringing it to the fast show?

Shit it's next week.

Maybe not at this rate.
Aidan-Fleming

7th Mar 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coming along nicely mate!!
Iain M

7th Mar 13 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why haven't you used the f23 box that goes with this or the newer 6 sppeed one?
corsadonk
Premium Member

8th Mar 13 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have used the F23, and I've fitted a LSD.
corsadonk
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've stopped being a wimp and did some more work today.

Boxer from T.H.Whites came round on Thrusday and welded on and made a bracket for the front gearbox mount.

This is what I managed with my poo fab skills.

A picture of his van, but for some reason I didn't take a picture of what he did.

At some point I fitted the gear stick. I'm not gonna put the centre console back till it gets a good hoover out.

I've had a bit of trouble with the clutch pipe leaking, I went to a local scrap yard yesterday, and got another bleed nipple fitting, along with a new seal seems to have solved the leak. I blead the system last night, and checked it this morning and it was still bone dry.

Then I fitted the new turbo, easier said than done.

I helicoiled the bolt holes for the throttle body, and fitted the TB and top hat, as well as the LET loom, and a few other bits. That little lot took a few hours, and was getting bit too cold so called it a day.

I've got the subframe in the back of my van, which I'll was and give a little lick of paint when I get a minute at work.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's. 24 database queries in 0.1094770 seconds