corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Problem connecting PC to TV via HDMI.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Problem connecting PC to TV via HDMI.
DC90

User status: Offline
13th Jul 12 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For some reason, whenever I stick a HDMI cable into the back of my PC and connect it to my TV my TV doesn't pick it up. The tv can see there is a connection (hdmi 1, or 2, is highlighted depending on which i'm plugged into) but whenever I select the correct hdmi port I just get a black screen with no signal. There is a mini hdmi slot and a hdmi slot in the back of my pc, neither work.

What's strange is it worked fine up until I took the pc to a friends house and connected it to his screen. The only way I can connect is through the RGB port on my tv. Problem with using the RGB connection is the screen is too far right, whenever I try to resize it just changes resolution and not where my picture is actually placed.

Any ideas on either issue? I'd rather have the PC on hdmi if possible! Cheers
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Jul 12 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try changing the resolution
DC90

13th Jul 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried most resolutions, none of which make the screen the right size or make the tv pick it up on hdmi
Balling
Premium Member

13th Jul 12 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look for this:

It switches between mirror to external, expand to external and external off.

Balling
Premium Member

13th Jul 12 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, when using HDMI the PC should pic the correct resolution automatically.

[Edited on 13-07-2012 by Balling]

Brett
Premium Member

13th Jul 12 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had my PC on my old TV via HDMI and it was similar to this. It was a TV issue where for some reason I needed to have it on the correct channel then boot the PC then the TV adjusted correctly and picked it up. If I had the PC on already and changed the channel over it didn't work
noshua

13th Jul 12 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a cheap TV? My old TV wouldn't work with my laptop either, no matter what resolution via HDMI - think it did work via VGA though (not a port on laptop).

Works fine on my LG TV though
DC90

13th Jul 12 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a cheap tv, brand new LG. I've managed to blag it and it's now working on hdmi but i'm not convinced it's going to keep working. I think the VGA was over riding the hdmi connection.

New Poll