corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » xa0s

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xa0s
sc0ott

User status: Offline
14th Jun 12 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is getting worse than the poland - russia riots.
Tom

14th Jun 12 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Harsh, thoughts are with his friends and family.

Oh and Steve, you're a cunt
Sam
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Calm down boys.

He obviously did a load of bad things in his life and certainly had many "issues", but now he's dead it's game over.

His friends and family are mourning his loss now - whether you think he was a dickhead or not is irrelevant now in the grand scheme of things.
Dr Pepper

14th Jun 12 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont get all this rest in peace stuff .... hes dead, hes not resting, and he didnt really seem to be promoting a peaceful life when he was alive ...you can say RIP as much as you want but what does it really achieve or mean? Its just hollow words people think they have to say - if you dont mean it then dont say it.

I dont really think any comments in here have been disrespectful - this bloke made a hobby out of being reckless with his life and others, and then bragging about it online to get a reaction. To me he was just a very selfish and immature person whos life ended in a very predictable way.

So what if his friends and family come on here and read this - his own comments on here would be far more upsetting.

I didnt know the bloke, im not really upset by his passing - just another person lacking intelligence that leaves behind loved ones who will now do the real suffering...hope they all recover from their loss ..... but seeing as some of his facebook friends applauded his stupid behaviour instead of trying to stop it I have very little sympathy with them.

[Edited on 14-06-2012 by Dr Pepper]
Aaron

14th Jun 12 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That.
3i_gaz

14th Jun 12 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
disagree he could easily have killed innocent people, the driving with no brakes at silly speeds with young girls in the car is the perfect public example of that, i shudder to think what else went on behind the scenes.

the we have all done stupid things argument doesnt wash with me also, these antics arent oh im going to be a bit naughty and see how fast my car can go on an empty motorway late at night, they are to put it frankly, outright dangerous not only to himself but innocent bystanders

he was using public roads as his arena to excercise his desire for thrills

again thats not saying he deserved to die, lets also not forget he didnt actually end up harming anyone in the end, wether that be more by luck then judgement noone will know, but i fail to sit here and see how people can feel that hes somehow been dealt a hard hand and poorest of luck, it was always coming and he was warned many many times

[Edited on 14-06-2012 by Steve]

We all do it! Simple as no point in sitting there being the big I am spouting like you don't speed in public roads etc... We all do it and even if you don't it can still be wrong place wrong time and you get branded a dangerous driver.

Dom

14th Jun 12 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Far too many people in here taking the 'internet' seriously

Either way the guy was a bullshitter and acted like an utter cunt. Although i suspect a lot of it was purely an internet persona. What's worse is that his family will no doubt find out about all of this.
Dr Pepper

14th Jun 12 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is a difference between speeding - and speeding recklessly to the point where if you make a tiny mistake, or conditions go bad you face certain death.

If you dont know the difference then maybe you are reckless too.

Brett
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dr Pepper, so misunderstood.
3i_gaz

14th Jun 12 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
there is a difference between speeding - and speeding recklessly to the point where if you make a tiny mistake, or conditions go bad you face certain death.

Sweet start slating me now too...

If you had a son who was like him who was that age and you had no control over the way he rode on the roads would you like to hear people slating him like he's had on here even though the lads dead? No.

I wasn't his biggest fan at all, whatsoever. I expected bad replies from the chivvy nobs on here not the decent members.
Sam
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Dr Pepper, so misunderstood.

Brett, have you been reckless lately?
Brett
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where is this going to lead based on my response, sam? I'm quoting the Dr Pepper advert, I hope there's not a soapbox to hand mate.
Dom

14th Jun 12 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
quote:

We all do it!

Difference is that he bragged about it by taking photos/vids of him doing stupid illegal acts and then posting them and utter BS around the internet. And i'm not saying no one else does this but this thread is about him, no one else.

It's no doubt a tragic loss for his family but being blunt, to me this has a slightly hint of 'Darwin Awards'
Dr Pepper

14th Jun 12 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Sweet start slating me now too...

If you had a son who was like him who was that age and you had no control over the way he rode on the roads would you like to hear people slating him like he's had on here even though the lads dead? No.

I wasn't his biggest fan at all, whatsoever. I expected bad replies from the chivvy nobs on here not the decent members.

I drove too fast when I first past my test ...... my parents paid for me to do advanced driving and threatened to start charging me rent or take my car away unless I slowed down.

If my parents knew I was driving 140mph with a passenger with no brakes they would have done something about it.

I would do exactly the same with my own child.

Why should we all beat around the bush being respectful - the lad was pushing the boundaries of what is possible on public roads and then boasting about it. You cant tell me his friends and family didnt know how he was behaving .... why should I have any sympathy for him? ..... I feel sorry for his loved ones, or anyone who tried to change his behaviour.

He was gambling with his life and others - just lucky he didnt take any with him

[Edited on 14-06-2012 by Dr Pepper]
Fro

14th Jun 12 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Wouldn't have let my son on the roads if i was aware he was doing things like he was. would have had their licence revoked or something, but it's unlikely they knew or I'm sure they would have done something.

130mph - no brakes and with a passenger is a whole lot more than reckless imo pretty sure he was using his phone at the time as well.

I haven't seen people slating him, more so saying they are not surprised that it has happened due to his previous lucky escapes. Don't think anyone has said he deserves to die which is what would be harsh.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some proper idiots on here if you can't see the difference between the average person doing a bit of speeding on the road to the stuff Leary got up to. It's the classic its all illegal so you have no right to critisize argument, but its different like stealing a penny sweet is different to raping someone
Sam
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Where is this going to lead based on my response, sam? I'm quoting the Dr Pepper advert, I hope there's not a soapbox to hand mate.

There's always a soapbox to hand TBH.
Dom

14th Jun 12 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Some proper idiots on here if you can't see the difference between the average person doing a bit of speeding on the road to the stuff Leary got up to. It's the classic its all illegal so you have no right to critisize argument, but its different like stealing a penny sweet is different to raping someone

This.
3i_gaz

14th Jun 12 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So your all saying you'd chain a 24 year old lad to the wall to stop his going out on his bike and riding the way he wants to? Absolutely fucking doubt it!

End of the day speeding is speeding whether it's 80 in a 60 or 140 in a 60. Both as reckless as each other.

It's fuck all to take a minute out your time and just write Instead of jumping on your high horse about how you knew it was going to happen. As said still someone's son, nephew, best friend etc....
Russ

14th Jun 12 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

End of the day somebody ain't gonna see their son/brother/grandson/uncle ever again. Of you can't see past that just because he said a few stupid things online it says a lot about you IMO.
Butler

14th Jun 12 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When people justify reckless driving by saying 'we all do it'. Do bear in mind that this guys behaviour on the roads spanned a bit further than the odd B road blast.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have people even read what my opinion is? If that at all isn't clear then I shall repeat he didn't deserve to die, but for me personally I don't feel any remorse about it. If you want it feel upset then that's up to you but don't sit there and demand that I do because he somehow wasn't guilty of anymore then what most people get up to on the road
Fro

14th Jun 12 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I would have done it years ago when they first started doing it for fear of them hurting themselves/others. But it's irrelevant as I'm sure they didn't know.

140 with no brakes is just as reckless as doing 80? Really?

Granted both are speeding but are on very different ends of the reckless scale.
Dr Pepper

14th Jun 12 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We knew it would happen

His family and friends must have known it would happen

Why? Because he posted his stupid antics all over public forums and his own Facebook page which he left open so he could boast to as many people as possible.

your statement about 140 and 80mph being the same in a 60mph zone is one of the strangest things I have ever seen typed.

We are allowed to be on high horses in this case - we all told him this would happen - I hope some of his family and friends were on his case too - might make them feel better now if they tried
Fro

14th Jun 12 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
End of the day somebody ain't gonna see their son/brother/grandson/uncle ever again. Of you can't see past that just because he said a few stupid things online it says a lot about you IMO.

Don't think anyone is/has disputed that at all.

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » xa0s 22 database queries in 0.1041551 seconds