corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weight loss - with a twist

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weight loss - with a twist
Gaz

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 12 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would anyone have good knowledge of supplements/shakes that could help me throughout the day as a snack or a buildup to my running?

would they actually work for what I want or counter-act as i'm on essentials a get big food diet trying to get smaller ?
Tom G

3rd Jun 12 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
Would anyone have good knowledge of supplements/shakes that could help me throughout the day as a snack or a buildup to my running?

would they actually work for what I want or counter-act as i'm on essentials a get big food diet trying to get smaller ?

Its complicated tbh. Running every other day, you won't need any supps tbh nor would they benefit you that much. Multivitamins would be good as you can get run down. If on the other hand you we're doing compound lifts in the gym then a diet whey from myprotein would be good. The main thing is your diet, that will influence you the most, eat shit and train you will just get frustrated at not losing any weight etc. Also once you start eating well you will notice how much better you feel.
Gaz

5th Jun 12 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My first weight-in was yesterday and I lost 9 lbs. Felt really good about it and it's spurred me on more now, I have been told that I won't loose this amount again immediately but thats understandable. I just need to keep into some sort of a training routine and the small loses will soon add up hopefully!
Carl

5th Jun 12 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Goodwork. I always say to my clients a healthy weight loss is 1-2lb a week. If you break it down as a 500 calorie defeict a day it works out at 3500calories over the week which is the equivelent of 1lb of fat (which is what you are trying to lose). A good tip is to tae a waist measurement (put your finger in your belly button and measure around from there) as if you start training you can often lose inches even when the weight loss slows down as muscle is less dense than fat so weighs more but takes up less room.
Gaz

6th Jun 12 at 06:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Carl, I've not really looked to much into calorie counting a such as I'm loosly following a slimming world diet plan that my mrs set as she is doing it, we'll see how the next 2 or so weeks go and then if things aren't moving fast enough then I'll start calorie counting.
Carl

6th Jun 12 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll get a rough idea with what you are eating and what. You are or aren't losing as you go along so probably won't need to calorie count. We do it around portions of different food groups which is based on a set amount if them portions are hit, less tedious than calorie counting!
Gaz

17th Jun 12 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3rd week weigh-in tomorrow and I need to loose about 1-1.5lbs for a stone loss.

Soup for tea and a run tonight !!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weight loss - with a twist 23 database queries in 0.0113339 seconds