corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ring insurance

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ring insurance
John

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 12 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't fancy my chances arguing against them in court.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

3rd Jun 12 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes

quote:
In 2010, the UK Insurance Ombudsman made a final decision regarding a case concerning the Nurburgring Nordschleife. He found that the Nordschleife is a circuit with all the characteristics of a 'prepared course'. The insured's policy excluded use on a 'prepared course' which was held to be neither unfair or unreasonable given the increased risks associated with driving in such places. The insurer agreed to meet any third party liabilities but this did not mean that the driver was driving within the terms and conditions of his policy. The Ombudsman said that UK and European law requires insurers to provide a minimum of third party only cover even if their policyholders are using the insured vehicle in a manner which invalidates their own-damage cover. The German High Court has ruled that an insurer cannot escape third party liability during Touristenfahrten at Hockenheim. The same principle applies to the Nordschliefe.
happy-kat

22nd Jun 12 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On face value that does read fantastic, but still feel uncomfortable about actually taking that risk and ever having to proove the above in order that 3rd party cover was enforced. There is that niggle still of being counter sued by the insurer for their costs.

If it did hold water it would mean only taking out the additional insurance for the risks you want to cover such as own car and damage to the road.

However checking this page and my policy wording again I am stuffed and that ruling above does not help me.
http://www.leeds-solicitors.com/nurburgring_insurance2.html

I never got a reply from the German insurance company about buying cover.

[Edited on 22-06-2012 by happy-kat]

[Edited on 22-06-2012 by happy-kat]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ring insurance 22 database queries in 0.0120511 seconds