corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Some service questions - mechanics in ere' plz! (oil, filters etc)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Some service questions - mechanics in ere' plz! (oil, filters etc)
MattyB

User status: Offline
27th Apr 03 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently doin the service on my corsa 1.2 8v......and just got a few questions........

*what oil? i've got this month's total vaux with the oil guide, but seems to rate everything! worth payin the extra for magnatec?

*should i use a coolent flush? or just run the hose thru the system to clear out the rubbish?

*Any other parts u reckon i shud change or give a once over? Have oil, fuel and pollen filter, change oil and coolent. Sparks new last month. Tyres + suspension near enuff new and usin BFO cone.

Its a high milage car with no probs at all, and i wanna keep it that way

cheers

Matt
Demo

27th Apr 03 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no need to run fully synthetic in a 1.2 8v motor mate. just use good vaux mineral oil or even semi synthetic
MattyB

27th Apr 03 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one - i was plannin on goin vaux anyway for the oil - meana b the best stuff

cheers
Rob H

27th Apr 03 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use Semi synthetic, Fully is too thin for the 8 valves. i used an engine flush on mine when i changed the oil. You just put it in, let the car fast idle for about 10 mins, then switch off, and change the oil. didnt seem to do much, but has proberbly done something

Maybe clean your BFO cone while your at it?

Rob
MattyB

27th Apr 03 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate

clean it using what? piper cross spray that i got with an old induction kit? or is there another way?

Matt
Rob H

28th Apr 03 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always though tthere were special cleaning solutions becuase your supposed to service them every now and again
miles

28th Apr 03 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

warm soapy water cleans them. Make sure you re oil it very well afterwards though.

Its not the foam that takes the dirt out of the air, its the oil!

You could also change the brake fluid if you dont know when it was last done.

Changing the oil and filter is the most important thing to change regulary to keep an engine healthy. I change mine every 6k.

New Poll