corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Name and shame Vauxhall dealerships??

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Name and shame Vauxhall dealerships??
Makarus

User status: Offline
7th Apr 03 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, due to the recent problems I have had with a certain Vauxhall garage I am proposing that people who have had good/bad experience with a Vauxhall garage should speak up now.

I would not recommend anyone to take their car to Marehay Vauxhall, Ripley, Derbyshire. The customer service is poor, the standard of work is poor, and you can forget about them servicing your car properly, no chance.

So anyone else, anything good or bad to say about a certain Vauxhall garage near you??
Brett
Premium Member

7th Apr 03 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
I would not recommend anyone to take their car to Marehay Vauxhall, Ripley, Derbyshire. The customer service is poor, the standard of work is poor, and you can forget about them servicing your car properly, no chance.

is this not a standard vauxhall trate?
Demo

7th Apr 03 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well my mate on the parts desk in Nash Vauxhall, cardiff is shit hot. so he deserves some biggin' up
Leven Cruise

7th Apr 03 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall garage in Cupar, Fife.

Total cowboys... didnae ken how to get ma s/s exhaust off, and left my interior in a right state when trying to fix my centre console and dials.

C8nts
niven

7th Apr 03 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vauxhall garage grahams road falkirk

biggest cowboys going

took my car there told them that i had a problem with the car starting.. went back said they found no problem with it charged me 40 quid then i went to the car park to pick up car thing wouldnt start.. then i went back and thay said ye the technician struggled to get it started.... never doing business with them.. took it to a local backstreet garage fixed the problem in 5 minutes
Tommy

7th Apr 03 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall garage in Tiptree, took them 4 attempts to find out i needed a new distrubuter.
Foz

7th Apr 03 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't even get white flash started on this topic, he will be going allday. it took arriva, bristol about a week and a half to do a service.
Dav

7th Apr 03 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by niven
vauxhall garage grahams road falkirk

biggest cowboys going
I was just about to say them too.
Complete bunch of monkey's.
Nismo

7th Apr 03 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Purseys in Walton (somerset) they'd be better if they employeed a ferret to order the parts than the retard they got there now!!!!!
mattyboy199

7th Apr 03 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall Northen motors talk shit believe !
Prometheus

7th Apr 03 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dixons in Hull isn't too bad ( although I have only had the car since saturday ;-) )

[Edited on 07-04-2003 by Prometheus]
Matty Hall

7th Apr 03 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Markus what do you expect from somewhere in Ripley? Nest thing you'll be taking your car to chaddesden!
ainsley_brader

7th Apr 03 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What an absolutely pointless topic.
Presumably everybody above is perfect?

What sort of a reply is they talk shit? or fuking losers?

Mikorsa16v

7th Apr 03 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think they are all rude and think the customer is wrong - they did with me at a certain place when i ordered a window rubber, ignorant cnut
Makarus

7th Apr 03 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh be quiet Matty. Its the nearest Vauxhall garage to me, apart from derby, but they were really bad when my mum bought a car there so she took it back and I never go there.

On a good note regarding vauxhall they have fixed my problem that I had after the service, free of charge to me, but saying that they will get all the money back from the insurance company. Ah well, still wouldnt recommend them to anyone.

How do you know Ripley then Matty??
Makarus

7th Apr 03 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ainsley, its a worth while topic, some Vauxhall garages are alright. Some aren't, its worth letting people know so that they know what to expect.

What kind of reply was yours then, I would say a reletively poor one. Due to the fact that no matter if people are perfect or not that are posting in here we still have experiences with Vauxhall garages that have poor service of one kind or another.

Remember the most important thing you should know when dealing with the public, the customer is always right, you do not call your customer a boy racer, or accuse them of handbraking their car, or calling them a lier, or telling them to take the car and get off the premises.
Tam the diesel man

7th Apr 03 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vauxhall in richmond - don't know what they are talking about but a good quick service so 7/10
Makarus

7th Apr 03 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the whole if you give them something to service, or replace thats a Vauxhall part then they are usually OK. But if you give them something even slightly different they all get confused.
RickV6

7th Apr 03 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it to Smiths in Ilkeston, nice guys there, took me missus' sister there when she wanted a new Corsa, she got a crackin deal and really good service, then persauded me missus to go there for a corsa after her piece of sh!t of a peugeot kept breaking and she got an an even better deal. I take my corsa there they set up my brakes for me (after being lowered) on last service 9/10 for service

[Edited on 07-04-2003 by RickV6]
Makarus

7th Apr 03 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I have heard Vauxhall up at Ilkeston are good, I got some free cups from there when my mum bought me some Vauxhall mats for my new car. Not bad, will probably take it there in the future.
Adam-D

7th Apr 03 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

b'head lookers are usually good never had a sevice there desk is slow guys seem uninteressted
i ordered a part fri\sat they said itll be there mon"today" i went no part its a couple of bolts come on!

bolloks to it no-shit! i get better service at the local scrappy and its cheaper!
RickV6

7th Apr 03 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some tw@t drove into the rear bumper on me missus' car and smashed fog, I got her a new foglight but paint and plastic was scratched she took it up to Smiths and they got it repaired by chips away for twenty quid! bargain. Simon the salesman always says hello when we pop up and always remembers our names, top bloke

Wouldnt reccomend Pentagon for anythin apart from the parts dept, they do crap deals on cars, dunno wot service is like tho

[Edited on 07-04-2003 by RickV6]
ainsley_brader

7th Apr 03 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
Remember the most important thing you should know when dealing with the public, the customer is always right,

No you let the customer think they are right, invariably they arent.

Agreed most main dealers suffer with more technical work compared to independants, this isnt just vauxhall but all makes.

For instance I have an E30 M3 in atm being an importBMW arent interested and cant tell me if there code reader will talk to it or not as they have never worked on one.
Now I have had this chaps car for 3 weeks which is a long while but nobody else wants to know, although hopefully ive cured it now.
The point being even BMW's service leaves a lot to be desired when the job gets more technical.

To say a garage is shit without giving a reason or example is imho a pointless post.
To say they are dear is stupid they are a main dealer of course they are going to be dealer than a back street/scrap yard whatever.

When I worked in a nearby town we did a lot of gearbox work for other garages, as such I could tell you stories about nearly every garage in the town but I wouldnt say anyone was particularly shit.

Ainsley

[Edited on Monday 7th April 2003 by ainsley_brader]
RickV6

7th Apr 03 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you know if your gettin good service or not! attitude of staff, quality of work etc etc
Adam-D

7th Apr 03 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just the service is my gripe theyll say theyll have a part on a day given they should have the part and if not i want a reason not dunno!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Name and shame Vauxhall dealerships?? 22 database queries in 0.1066029 seconds