corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Working out a bill (pre moving checks)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Working out a bill (pre moving checks)
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
15th Mar 12 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so my self and the other half are at the stage were we are looking to move out, we have the deposit, decision in principle and even found the new build we are after.

Now before we commit I'm trying to get the price of every think together so we know what we are going to be paying each month, what's the best way or what on average are you looking at for gas/electric/water? Need a figure or a way of getting a rough figure to add to the rest
Aaron

15th Mar 12 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not being funny, but if you use the search, and type in "Bills" under House Day, there are LOADS of threads about this.

A lot of it boils down to the size of the house too.
whitter45

15th Mar 12 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
Ok so my self and the other half are at the stage were we are looking to move out, we have the deposit, decision in principle and even found the new build we are after.

Now before we commit I'm trying to get the price of every think together so we know what we are going to be paying each month, what's the best way or what on average are you looking at for gas/electric/water? Need a figure or a way of getting a rough figure to add to the rest

so many variants affect utility costs and consumption - which include

age of house
fabrication
heating system
size of house
utility rate you are on
how often you are at home
do you have TRV's
what appliances do you have
list goes on

But for a 3 bed semi I would estimate at least 1k a year based on 2 people for gas and electricity
RichR
Premium Member

15th Mar 12 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be budgeting £600 a month for two of you on top of you mortgage for:-
Gas
Electric
TV License
Water
Council Tax
Food/Drink

and once you settle in, bring your DDs down to a sensible level. Better to overbudget than under-budget and not have the money at first.

I'm sure most people do this anyway but I DD everything and with Gas/Electric, I pay an amount that meants I'm building up credit in the summer months when I'm nto using as much and that tops up any shortfall in the winter months
SXI - Matt

15th Mar 12 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF I think i have now sorted how much i need to budget ect, just the whole process is a tad scary now we are about there off to look at the site Tuesday as it'll be an off plan purchase, just hope it's as nice as the plans
whitter45

15th Mar 12 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most new build purchases are off plan now as they are built to order
SXI - Matt

15th Mar 12 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of the house's we have looked at new build wise are already up & kitchen ect chosen. Going to be quite nice with this one to be able to pick the kitchen tiles preference to additional sockets ect
whitter45

15th Mar 12 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one

Word of warning they charge about £50 a socket shod you want t moved or additional sockets in most new houses. It soon adds up
SXI - Matt

15th Mar 12 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh really that would soon add up, I only really wanted an additional phone line in the bedroom, it has a TV socket already which i did want but didn't realise it came pre fitted, but thinking about it a pair of cordless phones and you don't need another socket , and until we are in i don't think i really need to moves socket's ect.

Main plus point was picking the kitchen and bathroom, this all comes down to the decision on Tuesday though we are going over to view the site & see what deal we can come to

[Edited on 15-03-2012 by SXI - Matt]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you budgeted for solicitors fees and stamp duty in your plans?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ben G

16th Mar 12 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

38 gas, 41 electric and 13 water here p.m on d/d's so get a discount.

i do get a drainage/sewerage bill through every 6 months from a different water company so i'm guessing (hoping) the £13.00 p.m doesn't take that into account.
SXI - Matt

16th Mar 12 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah stamp duty is a bitch as it starts again in 10 day's typical really, yeah solicitors to all add's up ay, hopefully be all worth it
Ben G

16th Mar 12 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you putting money in a joint account together and keeping the rest to yourselfs?

i only ask as we've wasted so much money from using the joint account to pay for everything (my wages get paid into joint account, but other halfs get paid into her own), so not ideal for saving up and you end up spending money on crap you don't need.

2 seperate accounts + 1 joint account for bills/shopping and house stuff seems the best way.
pow
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i only ask as we've wasted so much money from using the joint account to pay for everything (my wages get paid into joint account, but other halfs get paid into her own), so not ideal for saving up and you end up spending money on crap you don't need.

How is that fair?!?!? You should both get paid into the joint account....
RichR
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
2 seperate accounts + 1 joint account for bills/shopping and house stuff seems the best way.

This is how we did it; both put £1000 a month into the 'House Account', then had our personal Accounts for all personal expenditure. House account was used for saving towards renovations as well as house bills but couldn't have been fairer really as we both earned near enough the same, actually she took home more than me with tips and bonus etc. but the house costs were exactly 50/50
Ben G

16th Mar 12 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:

How is that fair?!?!? You should both get paid into the joint account....

It isnt fair, I can change it but I cant be bothered driving over to my welfare dept to change my bank details, laziness on my part really

New Poll