corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Yodel

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Yodel
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 12 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats up with these clowns? My 4s was supposedly delivered yesterday and signed for by somone with my surname, but there was no-one in at the time they claim it was delivered so it's being investigated now. Googled them and there's tons of complaints.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really shit company, but they offer REAL REAAAAL cheap rates to companies who need to send parcels so they think fuck it we'll go with these guys because of the price. I think they were originally DHL or owned by them or some crap, what people dont realise is the network might be good but alot of it is down to the last mile.

Generally Yodel employ temps or monkeys who drive around in their beaten up combos/small hatches full of parcels and a PDQ ready to scan parcels off. They arent professionals they are bottom feeders of the courier world imo.

edit- spelling

[Edited on 23-02-2012 by willay]
thegsi

23rd Feb 12 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paid £22 for a collection which was due yesterday, no one turned up. Don't think I'll be using them again.
All Torque

23rd Feb 12 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are fucking SHIT!

Never had to use them to post anything but they deliver to where I work and they're the biggest set of rude arsehats I have ever met. Basically a bunch of morons who work for a delivery company but don't give two shits about delivery.
Jambo

23rd Feb 12 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking terrible company.

Paid extra with ECP to deliver sooner. Was supposed to be there by Thursday.

Arrived 3pm Sunday
Ben G

23rd Feb 12 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a few things through from them (when i bought from mandmdirect.com ) and as willay said, it was some fat old bird with a banger of a saxo delivering the parcels.

i would imagine some people just sign for you and keep the parcels.

my cousin did the same job when he was out of work and got paid between 25-40p a parcel delivered iirc, so it's no wonder why they're so stroppy and shit.

[Edited on 23-02-2012 by Ben G]
Dave

23rd Feb 12 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus, how can you possibly make money on that?

They used to be Home Delivery Network I think, which was previously White Arrow. There is a petition on Amazon to try and get them to stop using Yodel, although the few things I've had have been delivered no problem, usually left with a neighbour.
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no hope for my 4s then
sand-eel

23rd Feb 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a package sent to Manchester by them...I really don't get how if my address was on it
Jamie Walby

23rd Feb 12 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Really shit company, but they offer REAL REAAAAL cheap rates to companies who need to send parcels so they think fuck it we'll go with these guys because of the price. I think they were originally DHL or owned by them or some crap, what people dont realise is the network might be good but alot of it is down to the last mile.

Generally Yodel employ temps or monkeys who drive around in their beaten up combos/small hatches full of parcels and a PDQ ready to scan parcels off. They arent professionals they are bottom feeders of the courier world imo.

edit- spelling

[Edited on 23-02-2012 by willay]

Yeah this they used to be 'DHL Home' where part time dick heads deliver parcels so no surprise stuff would go missing.
willay
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, use a proper company if you want safe delivery of your parcels, like DPD, FedEx, Parcel Force or dare i say it, Royal Mail
sand-eel

23rd Feb 12 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Royal mail haven't delivered a hard drive and its sent 1st class and its been 3 weeks...I personally won't be holding my breath of ever seeing that.
willay
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st class? if it aint tracked/recorded it aint shit bruv
John

23rd Feb 12 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has to be posted extorted delivery if you want to actually receive it.
willay
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

extorted delivery?
John

23rd Feb 12 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The extortion service that is special delivery, the one that goes a route which prevents it from being stolen.
James

23rd Feb 12 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
The extortion service that is special delivery, the one that goes a route which prevents it from being stolen.

They make sure it avoids Scotland.

Sam
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends where you live I guess.

Parcel transit is usually OK up until the point it reaches the depot, this is generally where things fuck up.
willay
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

But theres also 1st/2nd class recorded or Tracked if your item isnt expensive, or use a courier who can insure your parcel from 100-500 quid easily.

What makes SD expensive is the 1PM deadline and the insurance.
John

23rd Feb 12 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not had much trouble recently tbh, have in the past though.
willay
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either posted too late in the day or last mile fucked it up, we can send parcels anywhere with a postcode (so northern ireland and all the weird islands) next day for the same price. Thats cheap compared to the other options.
Jambo

23rd Feb 12 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

This legal protection racket.

Pay £1 to post it
Pay £5 so they don't lose it.

Fucking shocking operation. Cant wait for them to go bust tbh.

For all parcels i just use interparcel. 2+years and not one problem. It comes insured and trackable for no extra cost and they come to you. You don't have to go and stand behind chavs and old ladies.
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking shambles. I bought something that was meant to be delivered next day by them. A week later they finally attempted to deliver it but couldn't find the address. Finally got it and it was smashed to shit
Rich H

23rd Feb 12 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't sent anything via them, but received a few items from them with no issues so far

Most the time in a Yodel signwritten Sprinter, the other time in an unmarked white one. May have just been lucky so far though!
Toby
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing to add other than Yodel purchased DHL home.delivery side of the business

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Yodel 22 database queries in 0.0931230 seconds