corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread

New Poll
  <<  37    38    39    40    41    42    43  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread
Dom

User status: Offline
5th Sep 12 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19489930

"...chief analyst Eddie Jordan"

I'm with Kyle to some extent - i can't see it Hamilton making the jump to Merc as it would be a bit of a backwards step. Plus you have the uncertainty of whether or not their staying in F1.
Saying that, there are rumours that this will be Schumi's final season in F1.

Although similarly i can't see him moving to Williams, again it would be a bit of a backwards step and as it currently stands, no seat is availably. If they do make one, then i'd say it'll be Senna for the chop as Maldonado brings in a fair old amount of sponsorship.

Tbh, i can see him sticking it out for one more season at McLaren and then either going to Ferrari or RBR for the 2014 season where there's likely to be seats (Massa and Webber getting the chop).

Edit - If Hamilton does jump then i think Di Resta certainly is the prime replacement. Not convinced he'll make a great pairing with Button though.
Also doesn't Di Resta have some sort of engine sponsorship? Could be interesting considering McLaren have to start paying for engines next year

[Edited on 05-09-2012 by Dom]
Dom

5th Sep 12 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sniff Petrol -

Dom

5th Sep 12 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good blog post by Joe Saward regarding Hamilton -

quote:
However, what the story does do is raise questions about Hamilton’s state of mind at the moment. Why on earth would a driver want to tweet his team’s telemetry? Anyone who has any idea about the sport will have known that there was no way that Button and Hamilton would be that far apart were it not for different set-ups, and so one is left wondering who Hamilton was trying to impress. Certainly, any team thinking of hiring the British driver would have realised the situation and, as a result of the tweet, would be LESS likely to sign him on the basis that the tweet showed an unexpected and unreliable side to his character that has not been clearly seen up to now.

There are many in F1 who feel that perhaps Hamilton lives in a bubble that is today far removed from the real world. If he is going to take on the likes of Fernando Alonso and Sebastian Vettel in a fight for the World Championship, Lewis needs to rely on more than his natural talent. There is no question that he is a great driver, but he needs to be able to relate to the people around him in the garage, and at the factory. Ask Ferrari about Alonso and they will tell you that he spends a lot of time at Maranello. And the people in the garage are not going to be impressed if you are tweeting such things.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/09/04/a-lot-of-twittering/
whitter45

6th Sep 12 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope Schumacher doesn't retire

I would have thought mercedes want an all German line up - its a big part to them apparently

and Dom I think thats spot on - they were on about alonso and Schumacher and how they get the team to evolve around them

i.e Schumacher had a team that helped him win his titles. Alonso has learnt italian and never speaks ill of Ferrari

Hamilton just thinks he is better than everyone. He has talent but talent will not win you world titles. A team and driver talent win you titles

[Edited on 06-09-2012 by whitter45]
Daveskater
Premium Member

6th Sep 12 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton really needs to get it together. Even after the race when they were doing the team photo he came out in hat and shades then disappeared as soon as they were done.

Also, his management team have confirmed that he isn't going to Mercedes.

[Edited on 06-09-2012 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Sep 12 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spa was Lewis' first "bad weekend" this year to be fair, he's been pretty awesome on the track otherwise and has shown a cool/calm and sensible head when the team have royally fucked up good results.

The twitter thing was undeniably stupid but what if it was just a naive innocent message to the fans? Alright I'm sounding very naive to suggest such a thing but as much as I want Lewis to have babies with my girlfriend, I've got to admit he's not the most intelligent sportsman that's ever graced our tabloids.

I hope Lewis absolutely romps it at Monza and then comes out with his announcement (whatever it is) after the race. If he has a bad race and then makes an announcement to leave, it will look like he's throwing his toys out and the haters will be all over him.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Sep 12 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and 'Nando's management denied the Ferrari move until the day it was announced, that doesn't mean much.

The Fact that EJ is a knobhead means the Merc move is unlikely

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Steve
Premium Member

6th Sep 12 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Notice how Hamilton puts his hands in his lap when hes crashing
Dom

6th Sep 12 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keeping the rumour mill turning -

Mercedes offer Hamilton £60m
McLaren want Hamilton for £100m

There's also talk of him sitting 2013 out in attempt of getting a better seat for the 2014 season. But i really can't see that happening, it would take a serious hit on his career.
jrdn7

7th Sep 12 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Keeping the rumour mill turning -

Mercedes offer Hamilton £60m
McLaren want Hamilton for £100m

There's also talk of him sitting 2013 out in attempt of getting a better seat for the 2014 season. But i really can't see that happening, it would take a serious hit on his career.

Kimi Raikkonen left F1 for 2 years & went rallying, now he's back and is still on for the title in his first year back!

"I drive better in Formula 1 now because I have competed in many rallies" Raikkonen.

Somehow I don't think Hamilton would be quick in rallying, not willing to put it on the line like a mental Finn would! haha
Daveskater
Premium Member

7th Sep 12 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seriously doubt that Hamilton would go anywhere other than McLaren. Alonso won't let him join Ferrari, there's no free seat at Red Bull, concerns over Mercedes have already been covered, and that's the 3 other main teams counted out straight away. He might be good in a Williams, but it seems a bit risky. You don't know if next year they could end up with a car like they had last year.

During the FP2 coverage on Sky earlier, they were saying that there's a chance Kubica could be back next year or the year after, and he would probably be able to jump straight in at Ferrari as he's good mates with Alonso.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
cunningham

7th Sep 12 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mercedes will be a major engine supplier next year Hamilton and Mercedes may see it as a huge marketing tool
Cavey

8th Sep 12 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton pole Button, Massa, Alonso 10th , Di Resta 4th
Ben G

8th Sep 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diresta 9th

Hamilton and button were so close on time aswell, makes a change.

Monza is an awesome track. 200mph at multiple places.
Cavey

8th Sep 12 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happened with Di Resta? I left it after the qualifying
Nath

8th Sep 12 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gear box I guess.
Ben G

8th Sep 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah. massive shame as he was proper on it. must have taken some jack3d.
Rob_Quads

8th Sep 12 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
He can never produce a fantastic time over just the 1 lap.

hmmmm
JonnyJ

8th Sep 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:

hmmmm

Hamilton, never in doubt. LOLz at Alolnso, that Ferrari tactic failed spectacularly.

Button should just hold up the field now at let the only Mclaren driver with a realistic shot of the title take the win. Hopefully Alonso/Vettel get punted at the start.
Ben G

8th Sep 12 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:

hmmmm

it wasn't 1 lap thought you stupid man. in Q3 he was fortunate as it was his 1st run. usually pole is won on the last run of the day.
Rob_Quads

8th Sep 12 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is it not 1 lap? Tyres /fuel for 1 lap and he went out and stormed it.

Whether you put a stormer in straight away or at the end makes sod all difference
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Sep 12 at 00:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was at monza today, fucking awesome atmosphere.

Apparently we got on the telly just after quali finished stood right at the top of a grandstand. I'm wearing a black McLaren tshirt with a British flag round my neck. Camera zoomed into us about 3-5mins after end of qualifying... An someone check their sky plus for me?

Bring on tomorrow!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
jrdn7

9th Sep 12 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T

Apparently we got on the telly just after quali finished stood right at the top of a grandstand. I'm wearing a black McLaren tshirt with a British flag round my neck. Camera zoomed into us about 3-5mins after end of qualifying... An someone check their sky plus for me?

Bring on tomorrow!

I'm assuming you'll be at the race tomorrow? If so, moon the camera so we can pick you out easier!
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Sep 12 at 05:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7
quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T

Bring on tomorrow!

I'm assuming you'll be at the race tomorrow? If so, moon the camera so we can pick you out easier!

We will be there yeah, grandstand left of first chicane at the top. I'm wearing McLaren rocket red victory shirt today

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BarnshaW

9th Sep 12 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it 1pm uk time race start today?

<<  37    38    39    40    41    42    43  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread 24 database queries in 0.1152148 seconds