corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread

New Poll
  <<  36    37    38    39    40    41    42  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread
Scotty_B

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 12 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Race itself was pretty decent with some good overtaking.

Kimi on Schmacher was immense.
Ben G

3rd Sep 12 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
He can never produce a fantastic time over just the 1 lap.

Are you some kind of twat? Thats exactly whats he best at

personal opinion mate.

don't hate the player, hate the game.
Jamie Walby

3rd Sep 12 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Frustrating. What can you do when you get taken out like that? The gap is still the same to the leader though, so not much lost. Very scary crash though, the on board shots were just

Quite surprised Grosjean got banned for that though, theres been much more dangerous moves that havent been punished as harshly, he just happened to make a small mistake that resulted in a very dangerous crash because of the short run followed by tight hairpin.

Race itself was pretty decent with some good overtaking.

Think the ban is for repeatedly causing accidents. 7 in 12 races I think I heard.
Stu_22

3rd Sep 12 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but like Gary Anderson says on the beeb site they have all been while racing.

Pastor smash it yor crashes into other drivers deliberately and gets a telling off
Rob_Quads

3rd Sep 12 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its down to the risk. Yesterdays maneuver had a much higher risk if it went wrong. When its just the two of you there is only so much damage to the race you can do.
Doing the maneuver on a first lap corner was much higher risk with a much greater impact to the race. You could argue that they were very lucky that more cars were no damaged / someone getting properly hurt
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

personal opinion mate.

don't hate the player, hate the game.

Not really opinion though is it when discussing statistics

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

3rd Sep 12 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want to join me and russ outside for a ruckus, then you can.
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Johnny and Kyle are right, getting one good lap in is usually what Hamilton is decent at. Button was non it all weekend though, whether that was down to the setup or whatever it doesn't matter too much, as it obviously will have given him a boost which will hopefully carry to monza. Kimi did very well, might have managed second if they went for a low downforce setup.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Rob_Quads

4th Sep 12 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was obviously the setup that won it for Button. You only have to look at the speed data that Hamilton posted. It clearly showed they were perfectly matched all the way round except for the high speed long runs where there was quite a significant speed difference.
JonnyJ

4th Sep 12 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
It was obviously the setup that won it for Button. You only have to look at the speed data that Hamilton posted. It clearly showed they were perfectly matched all the way round except for the high speed long runs where there was quite a significant speed difference.

Button can only win when he has an advantage mechanically over the rest. Had Hamilton had that set up theres no way he'd have out qualified him. Lewis knows this, thats why he was so pissed off, and rightly so. Button has no chance of the title.
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Question is why did Hamilton not make the time up in the bends? If he was running more DF it's expected that he'd be slower on the straights but would have more grip in the corners.

I can only think that either McLaren got his setup wrong which is likely due to lack of dry running in practise, or alternatively Hamilton was overdriving to try and compete with JB's sector times.

Either way, mechanical advantage or not JB was pretty dominant this week - and I've got high hopes for strong McLaren running in Monza... I hope so anyway, as I'll be there waving my little union flag amongst a sea of red

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dave

4th Sep 12 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's unfair to say Button can only win when his car is better than everyone else's but it certainly seems he is only competitive when the car/conditions work for him. He has such a smooth style but that doesn't lend itself to a car that is misbehaving.
Dom

4th Sep 12 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

How does the telemetry show them being perfectly matched?
The telemetry shows Hamilton losing time, compared to Button, on the straights and gaining some of it back during the rest of the circuit, which is what you would expect when comparing a high downforce setup with a low downforce setup.
It certainly doesn't show both drivers as being 'perfectly matched' nor does it suggest Hamilton would be better than Button had he been given the same rear wing.

However it does show that Hamilton needs to grow the fuck up and to stop throwing tantrums. It was completely moronic of him to leak highly sensitive data to the rest of paddock as the telemetry showed a lot lot more than his whining about the time difference

Jonny - "Button can only win when he has an advantage mechanically over the rest". Those are some big chips on your shoulders

quote:

Not sure about that, Hamilton is reasonably decent when he's in the right frame of mind with a decent setup beneath him. But i wouldn't say he was the 'best' at getting in single hot laps; that title, unfortunately, i'd give to the one-finger-saluting kraut.

[Edited on 04-09-2012 by Dom]
whitter45

4th Sep 12 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sums Hamilton up really

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12479/8050018/Button-disappointed-by-Hamilton

Why would he think that's a wise move to post that information on Twitter
Rob_Quads

4th Sep 12 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Button just doesn't want him to resign lol
JonnyJ

4th Sep 12 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can always rely on Dom for a good bite if you slate his precious button
Dom

4th Sep 12 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
sums Hamilton up really

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12479/8050018/Button-disappointed-by-Hamilton

Why would he think that's a wise move to post that information on Twitter

At the start of the season he stated that he would keep his head down and get on with it, which he has done for the most of it, but in one weekend he's gone back to being an immature spoilt prat from yester-season.
No doubt stern words were had behind doors but i think McLaren need to start reining him in (twitter ban would be a good start) as stunts like leaking telemetry data affects the whole team.

quote:
Can always rely on Dom for a good bite if you slate his precious button

What ever makes you feel better, Jonny
Rob_Quads

4th Sep 12 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think part of the problem is this weekend his mind has also still been on his aunts death who he was meant to be still very close to.
Not everyone can just blank out that sort of thing and get to work like nothing has happened
Dom

5th Sep 12 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think part of the problem is this weekend his mind has also still been on his aunts death who he was meant to be still very close to.
Not everyone can just blank out that sort of thing and get to work like nothing has happened

That's understandable but it doesn't make his actions any less excusable. And it's incomprehensible how he thought telling the rest of paddock the teams' telemetry data prior to the race would be a good idea; it's simply not the done thing what ever the situation.

Nath

5th Sep 12 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19489930
AndyKent

5th Sep 12 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there is anyone I trust less for an accurate story its Eddie Jordan
Aaron

5th Sep 12 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's probably true. Hamilton himself said that his future would be sorted out before Spa...and nothing was said. If he does indeed to to Merc, who'd replace him?

I've no idea who's free at the end of the season? Perez?
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If LH went to any midfield team I'd rather Williams tbh.

The Merc rumour has been around for a while but I can't see what's possible good about it for Lewis, they're nowhere with no sign of improving and the Merc bosses have been questioning their place in F1 all together.

Williams have got a decent recent history, they're on the rise and they really need a solid driver to get some sponsors interested so they can dump cashdonaldo and still keep funding.

Lewis will attract the biggest and best sponsors wherever he goes, so for any midfield team he's an absolute goldmine.

I'd see PdR going to McLaren if this happened, which would make me want to burn all my McLaren merchandise in a fit of rage because he does my head in The thought of DiResta winning a GP and being interviewed makes me want to throw up.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and everybody is "free" when it comes to moving to a McLaren seat, regardless of contract.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Marc

5th Sep 12 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19489930

Orrob, Vodaphone, white electrical products, penthouse etc tbh.

<<  36    37    38    39    40    41    42  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread 24 database queries in 0.2099941 seconds