corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread

New Poll
  <<  34    35    36    37    38    39    40  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Jul 12 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crofty is almost at Jonathan Legard's level of being a twat

Brundle is ace though, I thought DC/Brundle was brilliant because Brundle didn't get over excited at stupid things like Crofty/Legard do/did.

Sky should make Brundle lead commentator for next season and get a slightly more recent ex-driver in for the technical stuff.

Hamilton unlapping himself was ace, of course it's allowed. You only get blue flagged if you're slower than the leaders... if you're pulling away from them there's no need for the blue flags.

The blue flags you saw were for the Caterham.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

25th Jul 12 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
really don't like Hamilton but have to agree that Hamilton did the right thing unlapping vettel as it caused great issues with Vettel (in terms of distracting him)

Think Hamilton as always seem to let himself down with his comments

You can't say that it's racist!

Twat he is!!!!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Daveskater
Premium Member

26th Jul 12 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
its not nonsense, he gives facts and information based on first hand experience, not from someone who knows nothing or has never even raced a F1 car.
Tbf he drove in the 90's and a lot has changed since then. And when he is talking to current drivers and they're correcting him, I'd say that's grounds on which to say that he is giving inaccurate information.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
noshua

26th Jul 12 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky's show is shocking, the lead presenter (I think it's Simon Lazenb) appears to know fuck all about F1 and uninterested, makes really awkward watching.

Ted deserved a bigger role on the BBC F1 channel but I think he's got TOO much of a role on Sky now as he's also a bit awkward to watch after a few minutes.

Jake Humphrey is by far the best presenter for F1, David C has loads of knowledge that he can reel off his tongue without even thinking.

Shame it's gone to Sky as in a few years time I can see it being Sky only.

[Edited on 26-07-2012 by noshua]
Daveskater
Premium Member

27th Jul 12 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another little thing but they quite often have 4 people presenting at one time on Sky. Imo that's just too much and it's obviously harder work for the camera guys as the have to keep changing shots all the time as you can rarely get them all in together, unlike having just 3 guys on BBC. Also it ends up with a lot of two people trying to say things at once and then having to just roll with one of them.

Anyway, put my picks in for the next race and then saw that Red Bull aren't doing very well and they are forecasting rain for Sunday That could mess up everything

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Jul 12 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lazenby is awkward as hell to watch, and he talks as if he's got too many teeth luckily he'd doesnt get much screen time.

Jake Humphrey isn't any better to watch though IMO, too busy wanking over twitter, Norwich and the Olympics.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Jul 12 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like Ted and his Sky role though. He comes out with some funny shit during free practises and less mainstream stuff.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

28th Jul 12 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

#TeamHamilton

Hope he can covert this into a win, desperately needs it and with Webber starting low down its a chance to pull some back on him. Can see Alonso still getting a podium out of this somehow.

Grosjean could be dangerous.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

28th Jul 12 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be down to pits this one, not much passing do need a good start!

Could be a Hamilton win if McLaren don't fuck it up for him!

Let's hope they do and a Ferrari win!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
noshua

29th Jul 12 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheeky fiver on grosjean doing some funky move on hamilton, although their renaults pit stop wont be as fast as mclarens
Ben G

29th Jul 12 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hamilton with a point to prove. mental lap times compared to the other front runners yesterday, proper balls out roidz stuff.

those renaults are bloody quick off the mark though.
Ben G

29th Jul 12 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking fantastic.

they all lined up on the grid after the formation lap and my sky box decided to cut the signal off.

well fucking done you bunch of cunts. that's definitely it now, moving over to virgin.
Marc

29th Jul 12 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Button up to 3rd. #ButtonFanboi
Ben G

29th Jul 12 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

button is absolute dog shit. was good when the car/tyres were perfect for him, but one small change and he throws a hissy fit.

hamilton proved how mature he's become and was able to manage the pressure from both renaults easily.

mind you, the track might aswell be renamed to the Bore-o-ring, absolute shite.
Marc

29th Jul 12 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His American accent is still annoying.
JonnyJ

29th Jul 12 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

#TEAMHAMILTON smashed it!
Daveskater
Premium Member

29th Jul 12 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At last another win for McLaren Bit gutted that Button lost 3rd due to the strategy, but never mind.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
noshua

31st Jul 12 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Schumaccer lining up in the wrong position
kennySRi

31st Jul 12 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
Schumaccer lining up in the wrong position

Terrible weekend for him

I dont agree with the people who say he's past it, etc though. This season he has been driving VERY well and has been getting quickest laps in and unlike the previous seasons, he's been qualifying better than rosberg. If the car had been more reliable he would be way higher up than he is, the majority of the DNFs this year have not been down to him.

Im clearly a fan of him so il always stand up for schumi but i honestly think this year he has been driving very well and is unlucky not to get some podiums. Hopefully things will get better for him (and for mercedes) and he'll finally get a win sometime.

PS . Great weekend for Hamilton, nobody was anywhere near him all weekend.

[Edited on 31-07-2012 by kennySRi]
noshua

31st Jul 12 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very true - I don't think he's had any luck what so ever this season and his last season wasn't great but to say he's been out of it for a number of years it wasn't exactly poor, especially in the car he had.

2014 is the year of the smaller turbo engines, which will effect the whole car. Ross Brawn was asked if Michael would stay on for the 2013 season and after that and his reply was along the lines of "we'll see, it depends on a number of things, but consistency is what a team needs". I imagine he means that if Michael was to stay next year then he would want him to stay for at least the 2014 season as well - as otherwise it would mean getting a completely new driver to replace him whilst getting used to the team and car again.

I hope he stays on until at least the 2014 season as I can see him winning quite a few races if Mercedes keep up the development of the car.
kennySRi

1st Aug 12 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im hoping that he can at least stay on for next season and see how he improves and hopefully without having the unreliability. Luckily though for the past few months he has been racing better than Rosberg and showing some really good laps so it's at least different from last year when he was clearly 2nd best in the team.

Im a fan of the whole team so im hoping they turn things around
whitter45

1st Aug 12 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Over the GP weekend Ross Brawn stated Michael can stay on as long as he wants to

I think with the lack of testing the teams now have he is an asset as he has extensive track knowledge and experience plus all the marketing and merchandise Schumacher can bring Mercedes in terms of money will keep him for as long as he wants to stay

With the right car he would win a championship as he is a good as all the top runners if not better

i am a huge Schumacher fan and always will be
Scotty_B

1st Aug 12 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree, put him in a McLaren and he'd be right there.
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Aug 12 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like to see him in Massa's seat next year.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
kennySRi

1st Aug 12 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I'd like to see him in Massa's seat next year.

I cant see him ever leaving Brawn. You're right about it's worth keeping him in the team, even if it's just for the money. Nobody else will do a better job in that car so they should stick with him and hopefully with his knowledge help get that car better.

<<  34    35    36    37    38    39    40  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0257978 seconds