corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuming! - Crashed the clio :( - Update 2 and half years later

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuming! - Crashed the clio :( - Update 2 and half years later
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Jan 12 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a crash I just finished work at 8pm. I come out of work and pulled onto an island to take the 3rd exit. I was following my lane round and I had an espace behind me which then came along side me in the lane to go back where we had just come from, it then floored it and cut back into my lane at the last second to take the exit. I slammed on and and swerved to try and miss him but couldnt react fast enough. Smashed straight into the side of him The bastard didnt even stop though! Luckily the lights changed further down the road so I could get in front and block him off.

To top it all off hes denying its his fault I was fucking fuming (still am) I asked what the hell he was doing and why he was going so fast and he said he was in a rush to take his son to church????

The roundabout layout has recently changed. Not the easiest of layouts but I use it everday so Im 100% know I was in the right. I've got a feeling that he was trying to proove some kind of point as he was right smug when he got out the car.

Clios in a right mess now. Smashed plactic wing, scuffed bumper + wheel trim and big scratches down the door. Something wrong with the lights as well now! Glad it wasnt the corsa but not looking forward to telling my sis that her cars damaged!

Looks like Ill be missing my first lessons back at uni tomorrow to sort this shite out I'll keep you all updated and try n get some pics tomorrow. Any tips on how to avoid getting fucked over by this cunt would be appreciated too

[Edited on 20-01-2012 by shaunmods]

[Edited on 28-08-2014 by shaunmods]
Jamie-C

16th Jan 12 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like how you left it until the end to tell us it was the Clio and not the Corsa
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oops sorry ive edited the title now
Generation

16th Jan 12 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would of called the police with that incident. Failure to stop.

May as well do everything by the book to fuck everything up for him
corsarooney
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats shit mate, what is it with these stupid people. And the fucker drove off, that shit boils my piss. I no its not the right thing to do but he would have got smashed right in the face hope it works out though and you dont get the blame...

Could have been worse though, at least it wasnt the corsa

Corsa 1.6 sport - 1
1.7 puma engined fiesta - 0

Keeping corsa's on the redline since 2008
hoppydan

16th Jan 12 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unlucky really enit
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

God knows what the fuck he was trying to do. Like I say it was almost as if he was trying to make some sort of point the way he sped along side me and cut across (even though he was in the wrong lane). Stupid prick

I felt sorry for the young lad in the car though, must have shit him up a treat. The bloke didnt seem bothered though

[Edited on 16-01-2012 by shaunmods]
Ben G

16th Jan 12 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know it might sound racist but was he black?

also, haven't you had an accident before with a moped? if so, you gonna go through insurance again? will push your premium up loads with 2 non faults on there. mine has.
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

also, haven't you had an accident before with a moped? if so, you gonna go through insurance again? will push your premium up loads with 2 non faults on there. mine has.

He was white Ben, around mid 30's?

This will be my 3rd accident going through the insurance now!
Colin

16th Jan 12 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shoulda called the cops, leaving the scene of an accident!!
Ben G

16th Jan 12 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
quote:

He was white Ben, around mid 30's?

This will be my 3rd accident going through the insurance now!

can't imagine having to declare 3 accidents on my renewal unlucky mate

sometimes you need to anticipate what the other fuckhead driver is going to do so you can get out of the way, these days. otherwise you get fucked over by the insurance company and as they have protected no claims and are old, they don't lose out at all.
N3CRO

16th Jan 12 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had badgers do that to me before. Luckily, its never resulted in a collision.
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
can't imagine having to declare 3 accidents on my renewal unlucky mate

sometimes you need to anticipate what the other fuckhead driver is going to do so you can get out of the way, these days. otherwise you get fucked over by the insurance company and as they have protected no claims and are old, they don't lose out at all.

Im just praying the wanker doesnt get away with it. Cant see me being able to insure the corsa too easily with 0 ncb + accidents

I did think about calling the police but seeing as he got out the car and gave me the info I didnt. Probably should have looking back but its hard to think straight in these situations
dragon2309

16th Jan 12 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should ahve called the police as said, would have added so much weight to your argument in an insurance battle. You'll be lucky to come out of this 50/50 and you'll both lose your NCB. Both cars will likely be written off, because lets face it, all older cars get written off so easily.

I'd ring the local council and request copies of any and all CCTV in the area that could have been recording any part of that roundabout or the surrounding roads. You can request it under the data protection act as it contains footage of yourself.

Also, report it to your insurance ASAP, like do it right now if you havent already. Claim lines are open 24/7. Sooner you report it, the more credible your story is to believe.

shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got off the phone to the insurance and started the claim Cheers for the tip about ringing the council dragon! I didnt think of that, being a retail park it has lots off cctv coverage so thats a great shout I'll follow that up tomorrow
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
John

16th Jan 12 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll never get any better than 50/50 for that.
Sean-B

16th Jan 12 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutted to hear this mate, hopefully it'll get sorted in your favour!
AndyCorsaSport

16th Jan 12 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just don't claim? Surely you will have a minimum £250 excess. Will cost less than that to sort it.
am4nf

16th Jan 12 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why is everyone saying 50/50? the guy cut into shauns lane and hit his car, not the other way about
corsayoung

16th Jan 12 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
why is everyone saying 50/50? the guy cut into shauns lane and hit his car, not the other way about

i think shaun hit him..
AndyCorsaSport

17th Jan 12 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf

You've clearly never had a bump.

Me and my dad had a crash where a taxi was parked on the left. Just as we were about to pass he did a u-turn across in front of us. No chance of stopping and we collided. Admitted it was his fault. Said sorry and gave details. 8 month later, we get a letter saying we have to go to court, he's saying it's our fault and was claiming nearly £15k with whiplash, loss of earnings and hire car etc.

We went to court and it was settled 50/50. How it could possibly be 50% my dads fault when the guy did a u-turn in front of us I do not know. But that's just the way this shitty country works.
am4nf

17th Jan 12 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At that point you take a mallet to his face
am4nf

17th Jan 12 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More to the point, the insurance must have seen the damage to both cars, how could they not see it from that?
AndyCorsaSport

17th Jan 12 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck knows. He was of the foreign sort. Says it all really, he made up some witnesses that saw the whole thing apparently. Funnily enough they didn't turn up at court.

Worst thing was he was 23, my dad was 53 at the time, and used to be a bus driver, had an award for 30 years safe driving from the busses, never had a crash and never had any points. Yet none of this mattered, and the taxi cunt was claiming my dad was speeding and dangerously over taking.

Sorry for hi Jacking your thread Shaun.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuming! - Crashed the clio :( - Update 2 and half years later 23 database queries in 0.1957169 seconds