corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuming! - Crashed the clio :( - Update 2 and half years later

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuming! - Crashed the clio :( - Update 2 and half years later
am4nf

User status: Offline
17th Jan 12 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a roundabout near me and its exactly the same, I can think of at least 10 times where someone has cut into my lane nearly taking my car out
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
seems a bad design to me, dedicating a whole lane just to come back where you came from

Id expect to be able to get in the far right lane and still be able to leave at the last exit

are you sure you dont have it wrong in your head? going from memory can distort things loads go take a look at it now lol

[Edited on 17-01-2012 by Steve]
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i don't understand where he was at the beginning. was he directly behind you?

then when the road split into 2, just after asda, he didn't move over but you did, and he realised this at the exit and moved over into the lane you were in?

Yeah sorry Ben he was directly behind me to start with, he moved over into the lane to my right and then he pulled along side me just after the 3rd exist and accerated hard to force his way into my lane.

Its definitely right Steve, I stood at the side of the road at different points around the island and hand drew it onto a blank layout of the roundabout just to make 100% sure

[Edited on 17-01-2012 by shaunmods]
Dave

17th Jan 12 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

then when the road split into 2, just after asda, he didn't move over but you did, and he realised this at the exit and moved over into the lane you were in?

That's exactly how I think it went going off that diagram.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any road names or arrows?
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
any road names or arrows?

I'll nip back out in a bit to note the round names etc and I'll post and updated version
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just cant get my head round the fact there is a dedicated lane just to go back on yourself

Not calling you a liar or anything lol
Ben G

17th Jan 12 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as it's on a roundabout, i would say the insurance company may decide on a 50/50 conclusion.

although it's not exactly small so may go your way.

i'd try and get some cctv as that will make your case more believable to the insurance company.
Jamie-C

17th Jan 12 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it not on google maps?
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No Jamie,not been updated. :/

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same happened to me pretty much a few months back and insurance is pointless! even if 110% its not your fault they dont care as it happened on a roundabout they just try for 50-50
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fairly sure you have the right to refuse the offer and refuse to admit fault or part in the blame, in which case it usually ends up going to court, well thats how it used to be anyway

shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I just cant get my head round the fact there is a dedicated lane just to go back on yourself

Not calling you a liar or anything lol

lol I know mate When I pop back down in a mo ill drive that route round the island to make 100% that the lane is dedicated to take you back where you came from.

Ben I'm going to nip down to the council tomorrow about the CCTV tomorrow. Failing that I'll speak to the retail park security to see if their cameras cover it too
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres a new version Steve with road names marked on Sorry its so small, if you can read it let me know and ill type them out on here instead. But you can see the lanes marked VNT PK (E) is the lane the bloke was in which is to go back round to the east park of the retail park, not the A51

I drove round the island as well and you can go all the way back round in the one lane. Such as wierd design!

Ian
Site Administrator

17th Jan 12 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
court Ian?
Oh yeah.

Jambo

17th Jan 12 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may be totally mis reading that diagram, but you went all the way round a roundabout in the left hand lane>?!
Jake

17th Jan 12 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i come from the town of roundabouts and that makes sense, you were in the right and he was in the wrong. i cant see how you are going to get 100% if he denies it though
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Jan 12 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
seems a bad design to me, dedicating a whole lane just to come back where you came from
Is that not so you can go to the retail park if you're coming from the Asda junction?
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Jan 12 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was anything to your left in the first Tamworth A51 lane?
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Asda and the east part of the retail part are both entered by the same exist on that roundabout Ian. Theres a small rounabout just off the diagram which seperates the two. I really cant understand why they've done it to be honest.

No there wasn't anything to my left at the time.

Ben G

17th Jan 12 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v
quote:
Originally posted by John
Were you some sort of analyst for them, that looks like some complicated reasoning.

Right now, go and get a quote, get the price, then go back and amend that quote with a non fault accident and see if there is any difference.

Just been on Direct Line (not who I worked for) and the premium did not change at all when I changed it to say non fault accident/recovery made

just done a quote, dropped 3 quid when i added my 2 non faults (third party hit me - recovery made) and my mum and nan as named drivers. pretty good. wonder why they are different to other companies?

well, good apart from not insuring me on a z4 for some reason.

[Edited on 17-01-2012 by Ben G]
taylorboosh

18th Jan 12 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet you end up wishing you never chased him
corsaaa_16v

18th Jan 12 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
fairly sure you have the right to refuse the offer and refuse to admit fault or part in the blame, in which case it usually ends up going to court, well thats how it used to be anyway

Insurance companies usually have it written into their policys that they can admit liability or accept an offer if they think the prospects of success are minimal - based on the fact if they allowed it to run to court it would cost them a hell of a lot more in solicitors costs for potentially the same outcome

The difficulty here is that the other driver is likely to say the accident happened one lane over from where you have described it and therefore you were both in the correct lane for the exit but that you tried to change into the right lane
JordyCarter

18th Jan 12 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id leave it, premium would go up more than clio is worth.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jan 12 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v
The difficulty here is that the other driver is likely to say the accident happened one lane over from where you have described it and therefore you were both in the correct lane for the exit but that you tried to change into the right lane
Especially in the absence of witnesses.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuming! - Crashed the clio :( - Update 2 and half years later 23 database queries in 0.1903920 seconds