corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuming! - Crashed the clio :( - Update 2 and half years later

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuming! - Crashed the clio :( - Update 2 and half years later
Generation

User status: Offline
17th Jan 12 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont see why any of it would matter TBH, what happened was wrong, yes.

You dad could of had an award for 3767363 years driving, it doesn;t come into it whatsoever.
AndyCorsaSport

17th Jan 12 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But chances are if you have a clean licence, 30 years safe driving and no accidents, your less likely to be the driver that's dangerously overtaking and speeding.
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 00:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutted for you shaun hope you get sorted!!
Generation

17th Jan 12 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chance doesn't come into a court case
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 07:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the comments everyone. Didnt sleep at all last night worrying about it

corsayoung, he side swiped me mate and I had no where to go.

Im praying this doesnt turn out the same as your dads Andy. Not holding my breath though.

I'll get some pics today anyway and stick them up in a bit

Edit. Also was wondering, if it does go 50/50 being as im only insured TPFT will my car still be repaired/paid out for?

[Edited on 17-01-2012 by shaunmods]
mex

17th Jan 12 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats your excess ?

[Edited on 17-01-2012 by mex]

[Edited on 17-01-2012 by mex]
corsaaa_16v

17th Jan 12 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i know it might sound racist but was he black?

also, haven't you had an accident before with a moped? if so, you gonna go through insurance again? will push your premium up loads with 2 non faults on there. mine has.

As long as the claim wasnt your fault and they recover the money in full then it should have no effect on your premium

If the above applies and they have still bumped your premium up then I would move to a different insurance company
corsaaa_16v

17th Jan 12 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Chance doesn't come into a court case

It does - when its one persons word against another, a judge is more likely to side with the more credible party (i.e. experienced driver with no blemishes on his driving record)
jonny-sport

17th Jan 12 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt of gone through insurance, from what im hearing your sisters car is old and wont take much to repair and the other guy obviously didnt care about wether or not you claimed anyway. will probley go 50/50 through insurance.
corsaaa_16v

17th Jan 12 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Cheers for the comments everyone. Didnt sleep at all last night worrying about it

corsayoung, he side swiped me mate and I had no where to go.

Im praying this doesnt turn out the same as your dads Andy. Not holding my breath though.

I'll get some pics today anyway and stick them up in a bit

Edit. Also was wondering, if it does go 50/50 being as im only insured TPFT will my car still be repaired/paid out for?

[Edited on 17-01-2012 by shaunmods]

If it goes 50/50, you will be able to claim 50% of the cost of repairing it from the other side

Your insurer wont touch your car with TPFT cover but will cover the cost of his repairs (depending on the liability decision)
Ben G

17th Jan 12 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v
quote:
i know it might sound racist but was he black?

also, haven't you had an accident before with a moped? if so, you gonna go through insurance again? will push your premium up loads with 2 non faults on there. mine has.

As long as the claim wasnt your fault and they recover the money in full then it should have no effect on your premium

If the above applies and they have still bumped your premium up then I would move to a different insurance company

doesnt work that way im afraid. the term 'regardless fault' is mentioned on every policy ive had

[Edited on 17-01-2012 by Ben G]
corsaaa_16v

17th Jan 12 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the insurance companies I have worked for and on behalf of have worked in the way I previously stated - why would they penalise you for something that was not your fault and has not cost them any money? Thats the theory behind the relevance of premium pools to claim spend
John

17th Jan 12 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They obviously load your policy when you put down you've had a claim, go and get me a quote showing otherwise.

How can you work for them and not know that?
AndyCorsaSport

17th Jan 12 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My gf's insurance has actually gone down this year. Even after some cunt hit and run her car and she had to claim off her own insurance, obviously wasnt her fault but insurance still paid out.
Ben G

17th Jan 12 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
All the insurance companies I have worked for and on behalf of have worked in the way I previously stated - why would they penalise you for something that was not your fault and has not cost them any money? Thats the theory behind the relevance of premium pools to claim spend

what insurance companies did you work for?
Ben G

17th Jan 12 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

???
corsaaa_16v

17th Jan 12 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously not going to disclose that

Premiums are based on so many different variables, the most important being that the insurance company use the claim spend from the previous year and use this to forecast and tier their premiums accordingly. Obviously, not having to pay out for a claim = less claim spend = lower premiums
John

17th Jan 12 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were you some sort of analyst for them, that looks like some complicated reasoning.

Right now, go and get a quote, get the price, then go back and amend that quote with a non fault accident and see if there is any difference.
Ben G

17th Jan 12 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you ex sas or something?
corsaaa_16v

17th Jan 12 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
My gf's insurance has actually gone down this year. Even after some cunt hit and run her car and she had to claim off her own insurance, obviously wasnt her fault but insurance still paid out.

Exactly...

People seem to think that if they have had a claim and then their renewal comes in and has increased then it is automatically due to the fact they have made a claim

Classic case of 2+2=5...so many different variables
Ben G

17th Jan 12 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine has. i entered my details into an online quote, then amended them with my 2 non fault accidents from 1 and 2 years ago.

the one with accidents was 400 quid more
corsaaa_16v

17th Jan 12 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Were you some sort of analyst for them, that looks like some complicated reasoning.

Right now, go and get a quote, get the price, then go back and amend that quote with a non fault accident and see if there is any difference.

Just been on Direct Line (not who I worked for) and the premium did not change at all when I changed it to say non fault accident/recovery made
corsaaa_16v

17th Jan 12 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
mine has. i entered my details into an online quote, then amended them with my 2 non fault accidents from 1 and 2 years ago.

the one with accidents was 400 quid more

Obviously different companies have different processes

I wouldnt entertain a quote from an insurance company that I knew would penalise me if I had a non fault/recovery made claim
John

17th Jan 12 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by John

Just been on Direct Line (not who I worked for) and the premium did not change at all when I changed it to say non fault accident/recovery made

Fair enough then.
corsaaa_16v

17th Jan 12 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
are you ex sas or something?

I work for a firm of Solicitors who work for various different insurance companies dealing with RTAs

Dont know many ex sas that work for insurance companies (although Im sure there is someone out there that does)

[Edited on 17-01-2012 by corsaaa_16v]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuming! - Crashed the clio :( - Update 2 and half years later 22 database queries in 0.1894200 seconds