corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuming! - Crashed the clio :( - Update 2 and half years later

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuming! - Crashed the clio :( - Update 2 and half years later
Ben G

User status: Offline
17th Jan 12 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will try direct line later.

admiral/elephant, churchill and greenlight all increased
Chris x

17th Jan 12 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine went up with non-fault accidents.

Asked the woman why and she said that I was statistically more likely to have an at fault crash because I had been involved in a non fault crash. Load of bollocks!
Toby
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i know it might sound racist but was he black?

also, haven't you had an accident before with a moped? if so, you gonna go through insurance again? will push your premium up loads with 2 non faults on there. mine has.

As long as the claim wasnt your fault and they recover the money in full then it should have no effect on your premium

If the above applies and they have still bumped your premium up then I would move to a different insurance company

doesnt work that way im afraid. the term 'regardless fault' is mentioned on every policy ive had

[Edited on 17-01-2012 by Ben G]

Whilst i would agree with that, ive experianced two occasions when its not applied.

1) My sister skidded on Ice in tesco car park and hit an Audi, my dad spend weeks trying to get Tesco to pay out due to various things management said on that particular day. Admiral managed to recover al costs agaisnt Tesco and her NCB was reinstated.

2) One of my brothers hit a curb on camp due to ice, did a £1ks worth of damage, he had the car recovered through Admiral but paid for the damage his self and paid back the recovery costs to Admiral, they advised that even though thats the case and he can keep his NCB they will have logged it as an accident, come renewal, it was not where to be seen and not documented and his insurance came down £700.
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little update guys. Been on and off the phone all day with various companies. His accident management company rang and ask for my version of the event etc. Then later on my insurance phoned to get more detailed info about damage etc to the car. They've advised not to continue using the car due to the faulty rear lights and sharpe exposed edges so they have arranged for a courtesy car to be delivered tomorrow morning I've paid £10 insurance just incase things dont turn out well so that the costs wont be claimed back from me.

Next job is to phone my insurance back tomorrow to sort out claim paperwork and visit my local council office to ask about cctv. Not holding my breath but its worth asking
Colin

17th Jan 12 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Accident management company........

Is that something to worry about, whys HE getting an ott expansive accident management company involved!!?
vx-scottw
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck mate fingers crossed for ya
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Jan 12 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Draw me a picture, I'm not clear how you want to win this.
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

I'll post one tomorrow asap Ian. I need to refresh my memory on the full layout of the island so I can draw a detailed one as its recently changed (new lanes, traffic lights etc added)
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Jan 12 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
I use it everday so Im 100% know I was in the right.
Guy my brother took to court said the same and lost.

[Edited on 17-01-2012 by Ian]
nathy_87

17th Jan 12 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
I use it everday so Im 100% know I was in the right.
Guy my brother took to caught said the same and lost.

court Ian?
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

I'll post one tomorrow asap Ian. I need to refresh my memory on the full layout of the island so I can draw a detailed one as its recently changed (new lanes, traffic lights etc added)

Actuallt scrap that im going now. Just done myself a blank layout of the island so I can fill it in while im down there. I'll get it uploaded asap

Appreciate the help!
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right heres the map for you Ian

Im the green car, the red car is the espace that side swiped me

Took me an hour and 45 minutes to get the layout of the roundabout 100% right. Had to drive round it 6 times just to make sure as its bloody complicated!

[Edited on 17-01-2012 by shaunmods]
BarnshaW

17th Jan 12 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this might sound stupid but surely you would have exited that roundabout in the left hand lane?
Dave

17th Jan 12 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends, the markings say both lanes exit so if say you were turning right further down then that lane would be correct.

Either way from the diagram he's left his lane and entered yours.
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah dave after the exist there is another roundabout sortly after which I have to turn right at Also the lane I was using was marked as the exist for the route I was going.
John

17th Jan 12 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Draw it on google maps for us, your diagram doesn't make sense going by the actual markings on the roundabout.

If he cut over where your diagram suggests it's like he had no intention of going to that exit then changed his mind last second.
Dave

17th Jan 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say, because he joined at the same point as you and it's unlikely he was intending to go all the way round the roundabout, he's missed his exit, realised at the last minute and either not looked or you have been in his blind spot. His fault IMO, it's just trying to prove it now.
am4nf

17th Jan 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant see how any body from any insurance company could say it was your fault
John

17th Jan 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone who looks at that drawing then the map will still be wondering what actually happened.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or panic'd when the markings showed him he wasnt getting off where he wanted, seen that loads of times
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Draw it on google maps for us, your diagram doesn't make sense going by the actual markings on the roundabout.

If he cut over where your diagram suggests it's like he had no intention of going to that exit then changed his mind last second.

I cant do it on google maps John because the layouts been changed since google maps was made. How I've marked it out is how its marked on the road. Im suprised there hasnt been more accidents as its a really bad design.
John

17th Jan 12 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh, if google maps is different fair enough.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems a bad design to me, dedicating a whole lane just to come back where you came from

Id expect to be able to get in the far right lane and still be able to leave at the last exit

are you sure you dont have it wrong in your head? going from memory can distort things loads go take a look at it now lol

[Edited on 17-01-2012 by Steve]
Ben G

17th Jan 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't understand where he was at the beginning. was he directly behind you?

then when the road split into 2, just after asda, he didn't move over but you did, and he realised this at the exit and moved over into the lane you were in?
Matty SRi

17th Jan 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like the red 1 was in the lane to go all the way back around the roundabout, then left it to the last minute to cut into the correct lane to turn off?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuming! - Crashed the clio :( - Update 2 and half years later 22 database queries in 0.1942649 seconds