corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What car?

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What car?
sc0ott

User status: Offline
14th Dec 11 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brentacre dont give out tpft policies on cars over 5k.
Mertin

14th Dec 11 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
have you had insurance quotes on something thats going to cost around 15k?

nope, i hate doing quotes so want to make my mind up on a car first

What if you go get your heart set on a car perfect for you, decent price but then insurance is a ridiculous price that you cant afford or not willing to pay?
Makes sense to research insurance quotes before deciding on a car and it isnt exactly a chore. With your history thats been mentioned in this thread I dont imagine you having a clean licence and good insurance quotes? Could be wrong....
Graham88

14th Dec 11 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I wouldnt say he is lieing because he does have a tuned fabia.
I'd say its more bullshit being fed to everyone through a normal thread. IE the whole owning a car till he crashes comment but he has never 'owned' a car that hes crashed.

The Fabia is the first car he's owned.....

I have to say I do love the way people are digging him out but when there's little facts like the one I just gave you that you didn't know thus making your statement useless, do you not think that maybe you don't know diddly squat about the guy and maybe shut up? This would do my head in if it was me some people need to get a life instead of trying to delve into others.
sc0ott

14th Dec 11 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you totally oblivious to the amount of bullshit he types then?
Graham88

14th Dec 11 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No. But I can see when he's just winding you lot up and you bite everytime.

But doesn't take away from the fact people & you try to dig him out so much when you don't even know him
Steve
Premium Member

14th Dec 11 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you think about the motorbike story graham? where he out raced the police whilst wheeling past ghostrider all one handed?
big eck

14th Dec 11 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he comes on here solely just to wind people up then he's asking for other to rip him to shreds.
xa0s
Banned

14th Dec 11 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

u just presume its bullshit...
Graham88

14th Dec 11 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
What do you think about the motorbike story graham? where he out raced the police whilst wheeling past ghostrider all one handed?

Having been on some mad rides when we both had bikes I believe it 100%. I've got stories that CS would love to hear.

But then again I forgot everyone is saints on here and has never done anything wrong in their life.
sc0ott

14th Dec 11 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
quote:

u just presume its bullshit...

Going by my summary based on what you have written, there is no presuming needed. its clearly bullshitting.
xa0s
Banned

14th Dec 11 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Going by my summary based on what you have written, there is no presuming needed. its clearly bullshitting.

if that makes you feel better about yourself then sure, i'm cool with that
sc0ott

14th Dec 11 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So to summarise,

You want a new car around the 20k and youve been offered 10k for the fabia but youre no accepting because youve spent a little more making it a tuned fabia.

You own a car till you crash but you have only even crashed your mums company car, which you didnt own.
Edit: You have owned one car and thats your current fabia.

You dont know if youre on tp or tpft but you own a car valued at 10k which flux are aware of but you wont sell it for that because youve spent more, but if you crash it like you say you wont get a 10k payout because youre not fully comp, but if you were fully comp youll get a payout of 10k which you say is less than whats been spent on it any way.

You get a good discount at unit 8 but you wont strip the car back to standard because you / ali@unit8 cant be bothered even though you could make more doing it that way.

You dont want to sell your car because you have made it the way you want it, from heavily tuning to changing the old LED bulbs.

Something tells me this thread was made to troll.

[Edited on 14-12-2011 by sc0ott]
xa0s
Banned

14th Dec 11 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Or you can't drive?

maybe man, how can you tell if you can drive or not? i do corners at 110mph in my fabia all the time without too many concerns *so far*, i'm convinced it was just the boaty-as-fuck suspension on the Octy but you may be right. i had driven that platform shaped car for over a year so i got to know it pretty well
Graham88

14th Dec 11 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't have possibly had that car for a year, I'm on CS therefore I know best.
sc0ott

14th Dec 11 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who doesnt do corners at 110 mph these days.
xa0s
Banned

14th Dec 11 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You want a new car around the 20k and youve been offered 10k for the fabia but youre no accepting because youve spent a little more making it a tuned fabia.

incorrect. so far my decision is i'd sooner get another bike and keep my car how it is than just to have a nicer car. that means i wont be spending £6k on the fabia and i wont be selling the fabia either. (so far)

quote:
You own a car till you crash but you have only even crashed your mums company car, which you didnt own.

more talking about road vehicles than just cars

owned 8 road bikes, only sold 3-4 of them, the rest was written off or whatever
owned 2 road cars (corsa + fabia), corsa was scrapped (lost the £1k i paid), fabia i still own

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ottYou dont know if youre on tp or tpft but you own a car valued at 10k which flux are aware of but you wont sell it for that because youve spent more, but if you crash it like you say you wont get a 10k payout because youre not fully comp, but if you were fully comp youll get a payout of 10k which you say is less than whats been spent on it any way.

yep.. whats ur point? i sat at £10k because increments after that raised the insurance a lot. if it gets stolen or whatever then ill take a hit. a big hit if i crash.

quote:
You get a good discount at unit 8 but you wont strip the car back to standard because you / ali@unit8 cant be bothered even though you could make more doing it that way.

correct... its a lot of work and i dont have many standard parts.

quote:
You dont want to sell your car because you have made it the way you want it, from heavily tuning to changing the old LED bulbs.

in 2 minds of selling

quote:

so dont visit my threads if you believe that? simples
sc0ott

14th Dec 11 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

incorrect. so far my decision is i'd sooner get another bike and keep my car how it is than just to have a nicer car. that means i wont be spending £6k on the fabia and i wont be selling the fabia either. (so far)

Fair enough youve changed yout mind. Comment accepted.

quote:

more talking about road vehicles than just cars

owned 8 road bikes, only sold 3-4 of them, the rest was written off or whatever
owned 2 road cars (corsa + fabia), corsa was scrapped (lost the £1k i paid), fabia i still own

Not according to your first post. there was no mention of bikes.

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ottYou dont know if youre on tp or tpft but you own a car valued at 10k which flux are aware of but you wont sell it for that because youve spent more, but if you crash it like you say you wont get a 10k payout because youre not fully comp, but if you were fully comp youll get a payout of 10k which you say is less than whats been spent on it any way.

yep.. whats ur point? i sat at £10k because increments after that raised the insurance a lot. if it gets stolen or whatever then ill take a hit. a big hit if i crash.

my point is, you put a 10k budget on your fabia, again in your first post, but you want a bit more because youve spent more, but you are happy to insure it for 10k on tpft, so if you were to get a payout you wouldnt receive what you originally said was less than what you would want even though you have declared all mods and costs with your insurer? if you wanted 15k wouldnt flux have that on their system and not 10k?

quote:

correct... its a lot of work and i dont have many standard parts.

comment accepted.

quote:

in 2 minds of selling

But you said above you are keeping the fabia?

quote:

so dont visit my threads if you believe that? simples
sc0ott

14th Dec 11 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
I wouldnt say he is lieing because he does have a tuned fabia.
I'd say its more bullshit being fed to everyone through a normal thread. IE the whole owning a car till he crashes comment but he has never 'owned' a car that hes crashed.

The Fabia is the first car he's owned.....

I have to say I do love the way people are digging him out but when there's little facts like the one I just gave you that you didn't know thus making your statement useless, do you not think that maybe you don't know diddly squat about the guy and maybe shut up? This would do my head in if it was me some people need to get a life instead of trying to delve into others.

quote:

The irony.

[Edited on 14-12-2011 by sc0ott]
Russ

14th Dec 11 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Or you can't drive?

maybe man, how can you tell if you can drive or not? i do corners at 110mph in my fabia all the time without too many concerns *so far*, i'm convinced it was just the boaty-as-fuck suspension on the Octy but you may be right. i had driven that platform shaped car for over a year so i got to know it pretty well
Part of being able to drive i would say includes undersatnding the vehcile you are in and the limits to which it can be pushed to depending on the road surface you are driving it on.
xa0s
Banned

14th Dec 11 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Part of being able to drive i would say includes undersatnding the vehcile you are in and the limits to which it can be pushed to depending on the road surface you are driving it on.

i guess on that basis every person that has ever crashed cannot drive including all motorsport drivers.
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Dec 11 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just take the £10k so I can close this bullshit.
Corsa_Sport21

14th Dec 11 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally don't bite to your threads because i know that most of it is to wind people up, and i like the Fabia.

But i just don't get why you have an agreed value of 10K on the car but are only insured TPFT.

Basically only way you will get a claim is if its stolen.

How much was the difference between TPFT and FC that made you settle for TPFT??

You have spent over 20k on the car, yet you are willing to risk all of that for the sake of maybe a few hundred quid difference between TPFT and FC. It just dosn't make sense.

The only way i can see it making sense is if the mods aren't actually declared, therefor making any claim void if you were FC, thus meaning TPFT would suffice. But then that would just be like paying for a policy just to keep you "legal" on the system.
Nath

14th Dec 11 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Just take the £10k so I can close this bullshit.

Seconded.
cpcrampton

14th Dec 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

xa0s. You don't half take some shit on here. Good on you for trying though. Good progress on the fabia btw, looks good. Ever considered a 3.0 tdi tdv Audi?
big eck

14th Dec 11 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hang on a sec, you will pay a shit load of cash on mods for the car but won't insure it fully comp because it's to expensive???

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What car? 22 database queries in 0.1041491 seconds