corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What car?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What car?
John

User status: Offline
12th Dec 11 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the one on pistonheads sell for what it was advertised for?
big eck

12th Dec 11 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't it only going to lose value now tho???

Surely the wise move would be to take the highest offer and move onto something else.

£20k will get you a good B7 RS4 now.
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
12th Dec 11 at 16:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*yawn*

Have you sold it for the money mentioned yet?
Mertin

12th Dec 11 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the difference with the jabbasport turbo etc that the one on ph has? Its running more power aswell is it not?
adiohead

12th Dec 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone offered me £6million for my Fiat Doblo 1.9JTD, but I couldn't part ways with it because it has a better chassis than a Fabia.
Jambo

12th Dec 11 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't bothered to read the thread...

But is this the case of I've spent £XXX on air filters and services and stickers. So my car is worth market value + 10% + £XXX on what i spent (Including all maintenance)

xa0s
Banned

12th Dec 11 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I haven't bothered to read the thread...

But is this the case of I've spent £XXX on air filters and services and stickers. So my car is worth market value + 10% + £XXX on what i spent (Including all maintenance)

Not at all, we're saying £10k, not £30k +

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
*yawn*

Have you sold it for the money mentioned yet?

why does it bother you so much? if it doesn't interest you then don't read the thread?

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
Whats the difference with the jabbasport turbo etc that the one on ph has? Its running more power aswell is it not?

Bigger basically but the tuners that I've spoken to really don't rate them and claim they wouldn't put up with the abuse i put through mine. Some guy on Briskoda spent like £15k at Jabba and it blew up under 500 miles later, its resolved now but it spends its life in the garage. I've never seen one of their kits go through constant abuse which is why i never went down that route myself

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Isn't it only going to lose value now tho???

Surely the wise move would be to take the highest offer and move onto something else.

£20k will get you a good B7 RS4 now.

Most cars go down in value though and yeah £20k would but I'd want the budget to go on insurance too and have change realistically in case anything went wrong

quote:
Originally posted by John
Did the one on pistonheads sell for what it was advertised for?

Yes but through Autotrader, he hasn't removed the ad on PH but it sold a good month or 2 ago.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Dec 11 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He got 9k for a 5 year old Skoda?

Fair play
3i_gaz

13th Dec 11 at 02:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All that money on a FWD car and no diff?
xa0s
Banned

13th Dec 11 at 02:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
All that money on a FWD car and no diff?

I have a LSD thanks
3i_gaz

13th Dec 11 at 02:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

p.s.... if you didnt take the 10k offer which i doubt was genuine.... your a fool.

Buy yourself a mk5 golf Gti, edition 30 is budget allows and go stage 2+
xa0s
Banned

13th Dec 11 at 02:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
p.s.... if you didnt take the 10k offer which i doubt was genuine.... your a fool.

Buy yourself a mk5 golf Gti, edition 30 is budget allows and go stage 2+

why am i a fool for not taking 1/3 of the money i've spent on the car?
3i_gaz

13th Dec 11 at 02:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because its never in a fucking age be worth what you spent on it...

in the current climate a firm genuine 10k offer for your car is a good offer. the 90% of people in this thread telling you its a good offer should be enough of a slap in the face!

Look what you can buy for 10k! so much more car out of the box than that fabia.
Not knocking the car but theres far nicer stuff out there for 10 grand.
xa0s
Banned

13th Dec 11 at 02:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
because its never in a fucking age be worth what you spent on it...

in the current climate a firm genuine 10k offer for your car is a good offer. the 90% of people in this thread telling you its a good offer should be enough of a slap in the face!

Look what you can buy for 10k! so much more car out of the box than that fabia.
Not knocking the car but theres far nicer stuff out there for 10 grand.

I disagree... I generally don't think there's many cars out there that do what my car does for me. Every time I get behind the wheel I'm happy, sure I want more but I've always been like that, it's the same with girls and everything else in life but ultimately for the money I don't think there's much out there that would do the same for me as my car does.

You're still not getting it. No where have I argued that it's worth to others what I've spent on it. That doesn't make sense at all because if that's true then no-one would buy a modified car as it would cost the same to buy a standard one and modify it yourself.

However, if someone loved my car and wanted to build a similar one, it would make much more sense to buy mine for £10,000 than to buy a standard one for £5,000 (ish) and then spend a good £15,000+ on it to get it near the same level. You wouldn't understand that unless you personally wanted most of the modifications on the car.

For instance, when I bought the car it already had the coilovers I originally wanted, it already had the exhaust I was going to get and I didn't mind the wheels. The car was a little bit more expensive than the others but I figured as I wanted those modifications anyway it made sense to pay the £500 extra or whatever rather than buying a standard car and spending £1,500 on those same modifications.

I know the list of my modifications are a lot longer than that but generally they're all desired. I get countless PM's daily from multiple forums with people asking questions about things I've done to my car. Generally, they're not debatable; no-one would say KW V3 coilovers is a bad modification, no-one would say an ATB LSD is, no-one would say the power upgrades are, etc. If you want a high-spec, decent condition, track-prepared Fabia vRS then it's (in my opinion) the best out there.

Sure there's cars out there that will be quicker for £10,000 but it's not all about how quick it is. The car is actually really nice to drive, I love the interior (after modifying it), I love the sound system, I love all the LED's, I love the optional extras like Xenon's, cruise control, parking sensors, etc. I've personalised the car and made it my own and the thought of starting again worries me because I've been so anal with this car.

You don't have to understand it, I've said all along it's a personal thing but don't speak to me as if I'm wrong for having my own opinion. I'm not trying to get you to buy the car or anything.
Eck
Premium Member

13th Dec 11 at 03:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luke...keep the car?
3i_gaz

13th Dec 11 at 03:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talking about track cars theres alot more out there for 10k as well.

you car may be worth 10k.... but it will only sell to a small market IMO compared to your run of the mill stuff like m3's etc...

thats why my comment above of 10k in this current climate, out of show season, close to xmas etc... is a good offer and i'd be taking it.

A fabia VRS will never be a desirable car as such, will be a nice car but its not going to go up in value like your Golf rallyes etc... in the VAG world.

Get that 10k and buy something else if you wanna go fast by something fast to begin with in my honest opinion.

You asked what car to buy with 10k if a diesel burner does it for you buy another diesel.

personally my money would be going on something VAG, DSG, TFSi, BMW 3 series or a cheaper B5 S4 and cash left over.

Maybe give something 20VT a go and keep the spare money just incase you dont like it Leon Cupra R's are mega value for money.
BarnshaW

13th Dec 11 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can i just ask what the point in this thread was if your happy with your own car and not going to sell it for what its worth?

pretty stupid thread really, may aswell delete it
sc0ott

13th Dec 11 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id rather spend 10k or more on a fabia that isnt thrashed everywhere every day.
taylorboosh

13th Dec 11 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol at this still going... could get some epic cars for 10k
Steve
Premium Member

13th Dec 11 at 07:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youve only spent so much money because you take it to the goons at unit 18 who charge a grand to change a filter

whats the spec? brakes, suspension, cooler. bigger turbo,lsd, exhaust?

i dont think its that specced maybe for a scene wiesel.

[Edited on 13-12-2011 by Steve]
taylorboosh

13th Dec 11 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its also not track prepped with leather seats and speakers ect
sc0ott

13th Dec 11 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the bike youre selling the same one you wrote that 3 page over exaggerated story about, how you had no insurance and how everything that could possibly happen actually happened on your way home?
Russ

13th Dec 11 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
quote:
Why would anyone pay £10k for a Fabia vRS

maybe cus they want a high spec vrs????

I'm sorry but it could be the best spec in the world and it's not worth 10k.

That's E46 M3 money....

I'd much prefer some mental spec car than a standard E46... you're honestly telling me a 4wd 500bhp fabia setup perfectly with £200k spent on it would not be worth £10k? you're so deluded lol

i'd say somebody wasted a lot of money tuning a rally car
chrisritch

13th Dec 11 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why the fuck did you have parking sensors fitted if its supposed to be a fast road/track car?
Steve
Premium Member

13th Dec 11 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because he's got one eye

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What car? 22 database queries in 0.0168469 seconds