corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :(

New Poll
  <<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :(
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 15 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let the GF drive it home from where we took pictures. Once she realised she could make it pop a few times on gear shifts and overrun, she seemed to make it happen a bit more often...

She hadn't properly driven it atall before today either. Won't be regular... Ha.
--ToM--

22nd Mar 15 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha make sure it isn't or the lips of them wheels will look like a bears chewed them in no time haha
djgritt
Premium Member

26th Apr 15 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gave it a wash, clay & polish for Castle Combe.

Phone pics....

Didn't take any more pics of it at the Event mind...

Also, due to a good month last month in terms of not spunking money away, I have saved a nice lump and will be able to get the JZW Mapping package at the end of this coming month too...

More Power = Less Effort = Better Economy... right?

djgritt
Premium Member

5th May 15 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 interesting parcels are on their way this week.... Been an expensive one!
--ToM--

5th May 15 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What u got
--ToM--

5th May 15 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also quick wuestion I remember you saying u use wobble bolts and 5 and 8mm spacers? Did you get extended wobble bolts? What et are your wheels? 40 or 45?
djgritt
Premium Member

5th May 15 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not got extended ones, using the ones that came with the Wheels. Seem ok.

Ideally I'd like some extended ones so that I can run wider Spacers. Haven't found any yet.
djgritt
Premium Member

5th May 15 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or, I coukd do a Stud conversion, and use Wobble Nuts instead...
--ToM--

6th May 15 at 06:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I'm looking at now Iv found wheels I want but they require wobble bolts and that means I can't run my spacers
djgritt
Premium Member

6th May 15 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First delivery is here...

Denso Iridium Plugs, IKH24 - an alternative upgrade to

Cooler running items, a couple of steps cooler than OE Plugs (a single step cooler than a recommended upgrade plug - NGK LFR7AIX) and Pre-Gapped to 0.8mm - conveniently ideal for a Mapped Vectra VXR....
--ToM--

6th May 15 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv got them in mine put them in when I did chsins, out of interest what did u pay?
djgritt
Premium Member

6th May 15 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£54.12 posted...

Over £5 Less than Camskill and well under half of what Opie Oils were asking!
--ToM--

6th May 15 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pay £7.70 a plug on trade account from euro mate comes in at £46 a set all in
--ToM--

6th May 15 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got money aside for a clutch for once it's been mapped? Slippy slip slip
djgritt
Premium Member

6th May 15 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not yet.

Will see how it goes first. Feed the power in smoothly. Will resist hard launches for a bit. Ha

Still, will be getting a pair of maps - Smooth & Aggressive. Will try them both out.
Provided the Mapper sees my Exhaust changes as suitable, the aggressive one could be in the region of 330/430.
--ToM--

6th May 15 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who's mapping it mate? I'm intrigued do the results!! Want mine doing but the reports iv seen from various people over on vxr online don't impress me them figures sound good, not so good for the clutch mind haha
djgritt
Premium Member

6th May 15 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JZW Tuning

US Based - flash module and mailed files based on my stock profile.
djgritt
Premium Member

8th May 15 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swapped the Plugs over this afternoon. Not as bad a job as others have made it out to be, but did require a bit of fiddling/dismantling to do the rear bank...

Old plugs weren't bad actually, but still a bit worn.

Tuning Module has also arrived, so shall be removing the Stock Map to send off later on today (hopefully, Laptop issues and had to borrow Jo's Mums old one as mine died... Bah)

Will hopefully be all done over the weekend.
ianofbhills

8th May 15 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not tempted to do the 19t or 20t turbo swap before you pay for mapping?
--ToM--

8th May 15 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you check the "pre gap" because in my experience pre gapped plugs are never right lol
djgritt
Premium Member

8th May 15 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian - this was a one time pay - so, luckily any upgrade maps are inclusive of my cost. May eventually look into 19T upgrades.

Tom - nah, didn't have Feelers to hand. Will keep fingers crossed for now, if it have issues, I know where to look first and how to kick myself! Ha
djgritt
Premium Member

9th May 15 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maps received and flashed on....

Easy process - extracted the OE map and emailed it to John (JZW) in the US. Had a few messages back and forth last night, regarding Mapping out of the second Lambda etc. Nice, fast responses too.

Woke up to another mail with my 'Stage 3' Maps - his Stg3 is for cars with suitable Exhaust changes, which mine seem to be - the claimed/book figures are ~335hp/~439lbft - he supplies a pair, a 'Full' Power and a smoother 'Soft' variant.

Downloaded the new Map software, and got it installed - but started with the 'Soft' variant;

Connect up and select desired Map;

Let it write;

Let it verify;

Done;

Then, took it out.

Now, I didn't really know what to expect, seeing people say the difference between Standard & Mapped is like 'Night & Day' made me expect it to turn into some violent b'stard animal. I was wrong, it is still very smooth and progressive. Not really a bad thing though!
However, it is hitting much higher Boost levels in gear, and it really is much quicker through them. It pulls along VERY nicely now. I was hitting almost double the standard Max Boost levels in 2nd gear alone. Which is nice.

Old Peak Boost pressure for reference;

New Peak Boost pressure on the 'Soft' map;

I then popped back home, reconnected and installed then 'Full' map - again, simple to do, the same process as above.
Then, took it out again. Initially no real difference over the 'Soft' map, but once on more open routes and able to open it up more, I found the in gear Boost pressures to be higher than the 'Soft' map, in each individual gear. So again, definitely quicker, and still even with higher Boost levels, still very smooth and progressive.

New Peak Boost pressure on the 'Full' map;

No clutch slipping yet, but I haven't tried any hard launches etc, so haven't expected any.

Also, Exhaust note is changed too, not too much though. Still quite loud...
Jambo

10th May 15 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice!

These guys do Z20 LET mapping? That sounds like a similar setup to the EDS IPF system.

Saw a silver a vec VXR yesterday, subtly aggressive do like these and their wolf in sheeps clothing act.
--ToM--

10th May 15 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldnt be confident running something like that personally, never been a fan of these plug and play maps, as you say your running about twice as much boost now than standard, what's the fueling doing at 3,500rpm in 3rd gear for example? Without having it on rollers and being mapped with the AFRs being monitored it's all guess work. I'm very very wary as there's so many people popping up over the last few years doing remaps and being in the trade the amount of horror stories and dodgy maps etc scares me lol, if I did go plug and play Id get it on a RR within a few days to properly see how well it works
djgritt
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 07:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Nice!

These guys do Z20 LET mapping? That sounds like a similar setup to the EDS IPF system.

Saw a silver a vec VXR yesterday, subtly aggressive do like these and their wolf in sheeps clothing act.

Doesn't look like they do the Z20LEx range. Saying that, not sure that engine made it to the US anyway.
He offers this setup for the 2.8V6T Saabs etc that are over there, so I only found out about this option from the handful of 2.8T Saab Owners that are on VXR Online, otherwise I would have probably ended up using Courtenay or Regal/EDS.

Yeah, this system is similar to the EDS IPF or even a Bluefin I guess.

<<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :( 23 database queries in 0.1073151 seconds