corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :(

New Poll
  <<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :(
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th May 15 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Wouldnt be confident running something like that personally, never been a fan of these plug and play maps, as you say your running about twice as much boost now than standard, what's the fueling doing at 3,500rpm in 3rd gear for example? Without having it on rollers and being mapped with the AFRs being monitored it's all guess work. I'm very very wary as there's so many people popping up over the last few years doing remaps and being in the trade the amount of horror stories and dodgy maps etc scares me lol, if I did go plug and play Id get it on a RR within a few days to properly see how well it works

I know what you mean Tom.

I did spend around a year researching into this option, speaking with UK based Saab owners running it. It wasn't a rushed decision atall, and the results seem to be pretty consistent with others using it over here, including their RR Checks.

I do intend to get it checked on a RR, it's just getting the time to do so.

But, it's not a daily runner, so won't get overused.
--ToM--

10th May 15 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's good to know because I'm looking into doing it but trying to decide what avenue to go down, plan was to buy a c63amg and sell it but iv put all my savings into s business so vxr will stay for s few more years now I think lol, so I'll spend some more on it, a lot of plug and play maps have bad feedback from what you say this one seems the be good! Also be interesting to see if the power figures he states are accurate too, what did it cost if you don't mind me asking, pm me if you want
Jambo

10th May 15 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers DJ, forgot that the Vec is a Buick over there! Don't think the Astra G was sold in NA just SA (as a Chevy).

Anyway I do agree with what you say Tom, but also with the likes of EDS/Courtenay you are essentially getting a plug and play with all the R&D done for you. Different to say "RemapsRus" which is some halfwit with a laptop, seen a few horror stories on forums with those kind of maps. Also seen a 400bhp Z20LET with the most ridiculous power graph from a well known but ultimately bodge tuner up north. Car had about 100bhp till 5.5k when it then had 420bhp

Bet he liked a gearbox or two.
--ToM--

10th May 15 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lad round here had his Astra vxr done, ran less bhp than standard and about 400ftlb it was running that lean it threw a rod through the block a week later lol

Popular engine over in the states compared to the uk that's why I got the chain kit shipped over as the chain stretch issue is big over there after speaking to the GM guy, they just replace it all like I did over there no questions asked where as over here Vauxhall throw the driver missuse card at you lol
Corsa_Sport21

10th May 15 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Cheers DJ, forgot that the Vec is a Buick over there! Don't think the Astra G was sold in NA just SA (as a Chevy).

Anyway I do agree with what you say Tom, but also with the likes of EDS/Courtenay you are essentially getting a plug and play with all the R&D done for you. Different to say "RemapsRus" which is some halfwit with a laptop, seen a few horror stories on forums with those kind of maps. Also seen a 400bhp Z20LET with the most ridiculous power graph from a well known but ultimately bodge tuner up north. Car had about 100bhp till 5.5k when it then had 420bhp

Bet he liked a gearbox or two.

Are the EDS/IPF tailored to suit every application or just pre-loaded with the same setting on every handset?

Jambo

10th May 15 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you mean tailored mate?

As far as I am aware, each "phase" has requirements Ie exhaust/inter cooler etc. you pick the phase according to setup you have on your car. With IPF you basically have a software downloading device and a web link to the EDS site. Fit your new exhaust and upgrade from ph1 to ph2 for £0 as you already have the license for it as it's covered in the initial cost.
Corsa_Sport21

10th May 15 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean does it take into account each engine running different or are the settings just generic? Basically just the same as a £30 remap from eBay?
djgritt
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From when I looked at EDS, I think you get a 'Generic' map, that can then be tweaked if/as necessary.

I think...
djgritt
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But I think when they are tweaked, they are done at Regal whilst theynare communicating with EDS in Germany. From something I read before.
Jambo

10th May 15 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be interesting to see it on the dyno

EDS maps will 100% be better than a £30 on eBay
djgritt
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Be interesting to see it on the dyno

EDS maps will 100% be better than a £30 on eBay

Yeah, looking for a local, reputable place to get it checked out at the mo

Yep, EDS stuff isn't bad atall, not often problematic from what I've seen - it is probably who I would turned to if I didn't go down this route (Regal are moderatley local for me too... )
djgritt
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took it out again, mostly to get fuel... Couldn't resist taking the long route to get there.

It is quite pokey now. The Full Map isn't as smooth as the Soft map, I can feel it a bit better now compared to yesterday.

Throttle planting in 2nd whilst already doing 30-40mph results in a burst of wheelspin and it taking off...

It will try to torque steer too, but the Quaife tries to minimise it - however, already learning not to apply heavy throttle on the bends - it may induce Clarkson-esque 'Catastrophic Understeer'... Ha.
Jambo

10th May 15 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol

Do you know what sort of power it's supposed to be kicking out now?
--ToM--

10th May 15 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

335bhp / 439lbft on paper.
--ToM--

10th May 15 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which is the highest figures iv seen quoted for a map yet most see just shy of 300bhp and 420ish lbft over on vxr online so I'm mega interested to see a RR result
djgritt
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom - I found a Dyno plot for a Stage 3 with an FMIC & 3" Exhaust (Standard Turbo/Injectors) on the UKSaabs site

http://www.uksaabs.co.uk/UKS/viewtopic.php?p=1266725#p1266725

He reckons the Exhaust alone doesn't make for much more than ~10hp, and mine having the Downpipe changes alone should make enough of a difference over standard to allow me to run the Stage3 that I am, so the only other real difference is that car having an uprated FMIC.

I'll keep this updated as always, so any RR work in the near future will end up here.
--ToM--

10th May 15 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it me or does that not look very smooth?

Standard exhaust is good for 400bhp iv been told jsut whip the cats and boxes out lol
Jambo

11th May 15 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wowsers.

Tom deffo selling me that vectra.
djgritt
Premium Member

11th May 15 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard Exhaust (once you bin the Pre-cat and put a nice Downpipe in) has been proven to 400bhp yeah.

I think what John meant about the Exhaust not adding much, was regarding to upgrading to a 3" System - so there is little benefit to upgrading from a modified OE System.
djgritt
Premium Member

16th May 15 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trying to arrange a visit to a RR at the moment - hoping to visit Surrey Rolling Road this week as I have a day off, if they can fit me in anyway.

If not, I'll be looking a little closer to home - maybe Janspeed in Salisbury.

Car still seems to be running well. The extra power/torque is addictive though...

Anyway, got a small parcel this week;

Not as much of an extension as I expected, but seeing as I run the current bolts with 5mm Spacers without issue, I should be able to remove them and go to 10mm or so instead.
djgritt
Premium Member

18th May 15 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a Dyno session booked in at Surrey Rolling Road this Friday morning.

Hopefully... it's all good.
--ToM--

18th May 15 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen them mate there no good for 20mm iv searched high and low, infact last night iv ordered a stud and nut conversion with 80mm long studs for mine lol
--ToM--

20th May 15 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv got a set of wobble nuts and 80mm studs for a stud and nut conversion suitable for 20mm spacer set up I don't need it and it's brand new £70 worth, can have it for £50 if you want before I look into getting a refund I no longer need it iv changed my plans
djgritt
Premium Member

20th May 15 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May do chap. Had to remove my wanky universal spacers tonight. They were causing some serious vibrations that i wanted rid of before the Dyno.
They were the easiest thing to start with, and hey presto, removing them has sorted it. Bah.

Need to get decent Spacers. They ain't cheap! :O
--ToM--

20th May 15 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know mate Iv got eibach on mine, fitted my new wheels and was worried they where 112 like you said and I had steering wheel wobble aswell, I ordered studs and wobble nuts and spigot rings, turns out the £4 spigots fixed it lol I was worried once I fitted spigots and the center bote had no movement the bolt holes Wouldnt line up if it was 112 must be 110 as they went straight back on minus the wobble lol

<<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :( 23 database queries in 0.2010419 seconds