corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :(

New Poll
  <<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :(
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th May 15 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine line up as 5x112 - just they line up not quite centrally in the holes... Relatively hard to see without looking for the difference though.
--ToM--

20th May 15 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did try to look square on at it and try and see if I needed to do the stud and wobble nut conversion but after driving it with just the spigots on its solved the wobble from the steering wheel all the way upto 140+ so I'll swerve fitting them I think

Also if they are 112 that's vag fitment which use m14 bolts Vauxhall use m12 so the holes are bigger which makes it harder to notice weather or not it's lined up but being tapered bolts and with the spigots on its central on the hub before the bolts are tightened up anyway that's my thinking
djgritt
Premium Member

22nd May 15 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not quite the day I wanted.

The car has a couple of running issues that were identified on the Dyno unfortunately.

Yesterday I ended up putting the 'Soft' variant of the Map back on - I was getting a little occasional blip on throttle application, like hesitation. The 'Soft' map seemed to not be doing this so felt it was better to run on for the checks.

I got the Surrey Rolling Road, had delays getting into their workshop (due to a lorry parking across the entrance to unload) but eventually got in and setup. Good. All well so far.

Discussed the possibility of running checks on both Maps, as they take ~5 mins to swap over and they were happy to do it. Great, exceeding the plan now.

I got their Boost sensor plumbed in in place of my Gauge, bit hot on the rear bank for access, but still easy enough, and then it was time to run, on the 'Soft' map.

Then it went downhill...

Seemed to be going well, but the power was under my expectations and the tuner claims, by quite a margin. They ran it another 3 or so times, with consistent but below par results.

We had a chat, and their diagnosis was the Boost not holding - like Actuator bypass, with the Boost gradually tailing off and taking the power with it. Bummer.
They did spot an AFR blip/spike as the boost initially builds, but it then dropped and stabilised to a normal level throughout the rest of the curve, and they said they were happy with it in general (discounting the spike) but advised on trying to get the spike tuned out, something to mail back to JZW anyway.

The boost is definitely increased over standard, and the increased power is over a far longer band than before - with a nice slug of torque at lower revs, which is why it feels more powerful than before, even though it may have not been...

I then put the 'Full' map on and we started a test - I got a spike on the AFR again, same place, but then it ramped up to quite a lean mixture and they aborted. They didn't want to run it again on that Map, understandably.
Another chat, and as soon as it hit a lean AFR, the ECU cut back and dropped the power. It was on course to make more, it was clear on the graph. The boost was higher again and was also tailing off like the other map.

So, some frustrating graphs;

'Soft' Map - Power & Boost;

'Soft' Map - Power & Torque;

'Soft' Map - Power & AFR (Red lines) / 'Full' Map - Power & AFR (Pink Lines)

'Soft' Map - Boost & AFR (Green Lines) / 'Full' Map - Boost & AFR (Pink Lines)

All there to see.

Frustrating, but there you go.

Positives from today?
Other than a spike, the AFRs on the currently installed, 'Soft' map, seem Ok.
Powerbands have definitely changed over the last RR profile
Evidence is present that a Power/Torque increase is on the cards of the Boost levels can be maintained rather than tail off.

To Do List for now;

- Email JZW with Graphs and ask for retune for tweaking low speed AFRs on the 'Soft' map
- Email JZW with Graphs and ask for views on the 'Full' map AFRs altogether
- Price up / Source Electronic Boost Control Solenoid - in case of an issue - common issue on Vectra VXRs, can be worse when Mapped
- Price up / Source Actuator - if it can't be adjusted atall
- Install above changes
- Return to Dyno and keep fingers crossed.

BeetleGav

22nd May 15 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't it be better to get a map done specifically for your car?
There's a really good company near me called ADEtuning. Great at what they do.
djgritt
Premium Member

22nd May 15 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Wouldn't it be better to get a map done specifically for your car?
There's a really good company near me called ADEtuning. Great at what they do.

It would, but mine is supposed to be done from my OEM map that was sent in. Supposed to be.

There are plenty of Remap people about, but there aren't many 'Experienced' tuners for the 2.8 V6T, and my nearest place who may be is Regal, they use generic EDS Maps sent over from Germany.

Courtenay do custom mapping. They are in the inbred wilderness of Eastern England with a massive waiting list, so need a couple of days taken off for the whole occasion when it comes around. They are also the most expensive.

Will see how this guy responds to my queries.
BeetleGav

22nd May 15 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah ADE is probably a little far but they have done some impressive stuff

http://adetuning.co.uk/remaps-lancashire/
--ToM--

23rd May 15 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what I allways feared with these plug and play maps atleast the engine is heathy though etc, the way to go is definately live maps.

Standard actuator is adjustable

Boost control solenoid can be bought from vaux for about £10 put one on mjne when I did the chains and major service as I was suffering from overboost problems
djgritt
Premium Member

23rd May 15 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Boost control solenoid can be bought from vaux for about £10 put one on mjne when I did the chains and major service as I was suffering from overboost problems

Do you have the Part Number to hand atall?

--ToM--

23rd May 15 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah there's a pik on my thread when I fitted it if we are talking about the same piece bolts onto front of turbo with 3 vac pipes going to it?
djgritt
Premium Member

23rd May 15 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats it. Will find that pic then.
--ToM--

23rd May 15 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can't let me know Iv got the box in the garage vaux will have it in stock dead common they use it on loads of other cars
djgritt
Premium Member

8th Jun 15 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a new Boost Solenoid and fitted it. Didn't really notice any difference. Won't do any harm anyway.

I've had many discussions with JZW since my last updates, so things are progressing.
I received a new 'Full' power map this weekend which I am currently testing and logging data from with the Torque app.

It feels better, smoother, stronger than the last 'Full' map I had anyway...
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Jul 15 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not many updates for a while...

I was doing some data logging with the new map, it appeared to be doing ok, did a few trips of 15-20 miles and AFRs etc seemed to be ok.

Before I could get it back on a Dyno for more checks though, I had a slight lapse in concentration whilst running late for work, and then drove into the back of someone - no major damage, but enough.

Bugger.

Priced up a new Upper skin (Splitter and lower parts were undamaged) - new was ~£500 unprimed. Mental.

Decided to get my skin repaired instead - got a favourable quote, and sent it off. I would also get the V-Grille repainted at the same time.

Stripping the while thing down was a CRAP job. Too many clips. Annoying.

However, I needed to order some parts;

Upper Honeycomb
Chrome Grille stripe
Griffin Badge
VXR Badge (couldn't be fussed to remove and refit with new sticky stuff)
3/4 Scale Reg plate

I also got some tint film for the foglights, rather than new Tinted pattern units.

Also, whilst the car was off the road, I did a few maintenance and tidying up tasks;

Repainted the Calipers;

Stripped and rebuilt the Headlight washers, as they were not always closing fully;

Araldited a damaged bracket on the Drivers Headlight, which was made worse after the shunt;

Did an Oil/Filter change;

Received parcels;

Tinted the Foglights;

Received my bumper, this week, 2 days prior to leaving for Billing....
Rebuilt it, but my cheapy pattern Chrome trim would NOT fit. Atall. Instead of raging and forcing it and possibly damaging the paint, I refit the old snapped strip for now (luckily it was a clean snap and not chipped etc, so not toooooo noticeable) - it's not perfect being a repair, as it wouldn't plastic weld so has been bonded/bracketed instead. Ideally I need a replacement bumper...

After it was rebuilt, I spent a morning giving it a good wash and polish, and now, I am parked up at Billing for the weekend.

--ToM--

10th Jul 15 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate
BeetleGav

10th Jul 15 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have got the numberplate recess smoothed out/shortened while it was being done

Ps silver Ch's ftw............ Tom
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Jul 15 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Should have got the numberplate recess smoothed out/shortened while it was being done

Ps silver Ch's ftw............ Tom

Nah. Keeping the bumper factory shaping, still considering selling so want it to still fit a full size plate for once I remove mine.
--ToM--

10th Jul 15 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't sell it
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Jul 15 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't decide. Itchy feet!
--ToM--

11th Jul 15 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, what's going on with the flash map mate?
BeetleGav

11th Jul 15 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get an insignia Vxr....
--ToM--

11th Jul 15 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crap mate, lad on vxr online sold his vec and bought one and doesn't like it, same engines so still suffer with chains on the early one, power delivery is s lot calmer than the vectra and suffer from box/diff issues too. Vxr8 next Id say, that's what I'm planning anyway or a c63
djgritt
Premium Member

11th Jul 15 at 08:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jaguar or a Mercedes Exx here, ideally.

Jo is looking at chopping the Corsa LE in and, if I sell up, jointly going for a new Corsa VXR or an Astra J GTC VXR...

--ToM--

11th Jul 15 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus doesn't drive so has no choice in the matter haha
djgritt
Premium Member

19th Jul 15 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMG_3616 by Dave Gritt, on Flickr

IMG_3615 by Dave Gritt, on Flickr

Went to Billing. Good weekend. Car performance noticeably affected when it is rather loaded up though.... Ha.

Put some 'For Sale' stickers on it and a rough Spec list and contact details to see if it got any interest - lots of lookers, no bites.

Got home, parked it up for a bit, then we went off to Vauxhall for some talks - got some decent quotes for a new Corsa E VXR, and then also got a couple of quotes for and a test drive in an Astra J (GTC) VXR - very nice...
We would be looking in to trading in the Corsa LE and selling/trading the Vectra too - Vauxhall offered me more than expected for my car, but not enough. I would have to sell privately to get the most possible, which is fine and was expected.

So, car is going to be advertised for sale imminently. Whether we get a replacement straight away, or capitalise on me suddenly becoming richer every month and sort property out first is another discussion, but for either to happen, this has to go. Shame, but that is how it is.

Reg Plate will be removed in the next couple of weeks, and the car will be advertised online. Until then, I'm going to leave the stickers on and keep a spec on me incase it gets parked up somewhere, and see if it gets any more interest.
--ToM--

19th Jul 15 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame it's going, how much £6k?

<<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :( 23 database queries in 0.1905789 seconds