corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :(

New Poll
  <<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :(
flybikeslee

User status: Offline
15th May 14 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheels look mega
BeetleGav

15th May 14 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn that looks perfect now!
j10E W

15th May 14 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great improvement on the wheel colour
djgritt
Premium Member

15th May 14 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers chaps.
Jambo

16th May 14 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100% improvement, looks bloody brilliant
John G

16th May 14 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome!
Haimsey
Premium Member

16th May 14 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks fantastic.
Very smart looking

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
sharpy28

16th May 14 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Huge difference! Looks mega!
djgritt
Premium Member

16th May 14 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks all. I'm much happier with it now, must be to have spent hours doing tedious cleaning!
Ben J

16th May 14 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those wheels look 1billion times better
Jason x
Premium Member

16th May 14 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks mint, front numberplate looks tiny
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th May 14 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always liked the old colour and didn't think it would look that great with them lighter. But how wrong I was, looks awesome. Really compliment the car.

MX5 Project Thread
djgritt
Premium Member

1st Jun 14 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took it out for a little blast around Somerset today, and off to meet a member from VXR Online who had asked me to help him carry out an AFL Headlamp conversion on his Vectra, due to having successfully done my own recently. Being me, I was happy to help, as it meant a day of tinkering...

His headlamps were much tidier than mine, and he has also used the Fly-Eye mesh to tint them, they look pretty smart. Not sure they would work on mine though.
Also the job was much, much easier on his than mine, mainly due to knowing what to do this time.

And, whilst giving it the beans across the Levels on the way home, to avoid any Half Term tourist traffic on the A303, I stopped off for a couple of pics. Soooooo much happier with the wheels and overall appearance now!

IMG_6199 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_6206 by djgritt, on Flickr

That's it, back in the Garage until we go to Silverstone at the beginning of July. Apart from pulling it back to give it another clean before then.
Ben G

1st Jun 14 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looks perfect now mate. Much less boy racer and much more sleeper.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

1st Jun 14 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely!

Looks so much better.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
djgritt
Premium Member

15th Jul 14 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a busy couple of weeks with the car - it's clocked up around 600 miles in a week and been to 2x major events in the process. It's been fully cleaned and polished twice in 7 days and I'd also like to say it's been totally trouble free too, but that'd be a lie.

Firstly, last weekend, I took the car along to Silverstone for the British Grand Prix - the Vectra was used, as I was attending through the VXR Power Events offer, and I needed to make my booking with my Car registration to be eligible for the discount, so I kind of HAD to take it along. No complaints from me though - we managed the full weekend on a single tank of fuel too, which was nice.
Saying that, apart from a couple of idling runs to charge phones, it didn't get used once it was parked up, so good economy was to be expected...

001-IMG_6232 by djgritt, on Flickr

I also got a cheapy cheap Pollen Filter for it, as it was a 2 minute job and I remembered that the fitted one was quite Black. Job done, not really noticed much of a change, but there you go.

Following on to this weekend just gone, the car was used to go to the VBOA National Rally at Billing. This is where it's long run of reliability failed. On the Friday morning, the car was dead. No power atall and a duff battery. Cue a couple of Jump starts to get us on the way, when we eventually got to Northampton Halfords, it was so far gone that I couldn't even lock the doors through Central Locking. Almost £100 & 5 minutes later, and a shiny Yuasa battery was installed, which has seemed to cure the problems, with none experienced since.
No idea why the sudden failure, as on the Thursday before, the car was used and seemed to be fine. Odd.

Anyway, Billing was great. The car was receiving a lot of attention with it's fresher look on the Refurbished wheels and shiny paintwork. I'm definitely feeling much more enthusiastic about the car now, and it shows.

IMG_7078 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_7079 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_7112 by djgritt, on Flickr

Oh, and Total Vauxhall also whacked it up on one of their Billing Facebook updates, and it got a fair few likes too. Nice.

Next up - more cleaning, bodywork tidying, and then mapping. Plus more event attendance!

Ben J

15th Jul 14 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you meet Richard and Matt Wharfe at Silverstone? Red Astra VXR R15 VXR?
djgritt
Premium Member

15th Jul 14 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Did you meet Richard and Matt Wharfe at Silverstone? Red Astra VXR R15 VXR?

Saw the car, recognize the car from VXRO, didn't meet them personally (knowingly) though.

TBH, Didn't really spend much time at the VXR Power Event truck, as we had friends at Silverstone for the weekend and spent our time with them or at the circuit. Only used the deal to get discounted ticketing to go and see the F1 live this year rather than to get smashed like some attendees!
Chris C

17th Jul 14 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheels look great ! Half tempted to change my snowflakes for these on my estate
kennySRi

17th Jul 14 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks so nice on those wheels. Massive improvement! Only thing I don't like is the small plate but otherwise very nice.
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Sep 14 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update time.

Not done much with this as been on Holiday with the Mazda and working. Little taster of what the Vectra missed out on doing...

IMG_7228 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_7446 by djgritt, on Flickr

StelvioPassPanoramic by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_7666 by djgritt, on Flickr

Anyway, one night last week I scraped my wheel whilst I was out dogging, sorry, driving down a narrow lane. Balls. Having a custom colour is now maybe not such a good idea? :LOL:

Wheel is booked in for Refurb again on the 12th, just in time for me to go to Castle Combe on the 13th.

Also, whilst the car was on stands, I decided to do something I'd been meaning to do all summer, but just couldn't be arsed to.

The Yellowstuff Pads I fitted earlier this year have a thin rubber (it appears) backing to help reduce/prevent brake squeal. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and relied on these bonded shims to keep the pads quiet. Shouldn't have bothered, as they have squealed a bit since fitting, albeit not all of the time.
So, with the front wheels off (I've taken the undamaged one off too to take to the Refurb place so they have a colour reference from when they painted them originally), I whipped the pads out and slapped a bit of Copperslip on their backs and then refitted them. Untested as yet, but hopefully they will eliminate the squealing completely. Easy job too, ~10 mins on each side.

Now the car just needs another wash and polish ready for the weekend, oh, and the wheels refitting. Ha.

I'm still putting the money aside for Mapping, so getting there. I just need a good overseas trip to come up through work to bring it a bulk of extra pay and it'll be sorted!
Jambo

10th Sep 14 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was advised by my mate who is a master tech to do that anyway when changing pads. He's done all my cars and they have never, ever squealed or squeaked.
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Sep 14 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I was advised by my mate who is a master tech to do that anyway when changing pads. He's done all my cars and they have never, ever squealed or squeaked.

I normally do it, just didn't last time, trusting the bonded rubber a bit too much I think.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

10th Sep 14 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work Dave Unlucky about the wheel. I'll see you saturday! Unfortunately mines not going now though.

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Sep 14 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Nice work Dave Unlucky about the wheel. I'll see you saturday! Unfortunately mines not going now though.

Cheers Darryl.

Bummer about not bringing the Porsche though.

<<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :( 24 database queries in 0.0197959 seconds