corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » where bouts is the vehicle speed sensor exactly??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author where bouts is the vehicle speed sensor exactly??
robs16vsport

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 11 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i wonder if anyone could help me,i've got a vauxhall corsa 1.4 16v sport on a r reg and a friend of mine plugged my car into his computer,and it said the vehicle speed sensor,the speedo doenst work and after a while throws the eml on.and also where bouts is the siren for the alarm. many thanks in advance.
alan-g-w

2nd Oct 11 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speedo sensor is on the gearbox, possily under the battery. Follow your speedo cable from the back of the clocks over to your gearbox and you'll find it anyway.

Standard siren for the alarm's at the bottom of the driver's side of the windscreen if mine isn't aftermarket
robs16vsport

3rd Oct 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks a lot mate,i'll have a look at that when i get chance,also theres a little blow on the exhast where the centre pipe meets the cat,could that give the ecu dodgey readings and also throw the eml on??
alan-g-w

3rd Oct 11 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope sorry mate, very much doubt it.
ianofbhills

3rd Oct 11 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vss for electronic clocks like fitted to the 1.4 sport is actually inside the clocks.
There will be no speedo cable to follow as it has an electronic pickup at the gearbox end.

Check the wiring and where its plugged into the pickup in the gearbox failing that its new clocks time.

[Edited on 03-10-2011 by ianofbhills]
robs16vsport

13th Mar 12 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks very much i'll try and get it on the ramps and look at the gearbox side of things and if not it will be a trip to deatons scrap yard i think for some new clocks but mite go for some out the 16.16v sport. with the like green needle's. thanks again.and also could anyone tell me what the 50amp fuse is for thats under the bonnet near the windscreen on the drivers side????
robs16vsport

7th May 12 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted it,20amp fuse under the dash.thanks a lot for everybody's help.

New Poll