corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » gear linkage setup help!!!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author gear linkage setup help!!!!!!!!
vx-daft

User status: Offline
31st Aug 11 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought a corsa 20xe and i was struggling to go into gears, i have looked under car and notices the gear box mount had a crack in it, so i have replaced it with a new one and i am trying to get the linkage set up, i have been at car all day. i dont know what i am doing wrong my gears stick is always stiff to move dont know if i am putting mount in the proper holes etc. its the standard linkage thats on car and it worked before i had the crack in my mount
fazza

31st Aug 11 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with the new mount have you put the spacers in?

can you get a mate to wiggle it with you under the car to see if its hitting the mount
Jed D

31st Aug 11 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they out like the 16xe's its a lot easier than i thought it was, its in tutorials somewhere.... but basically undo the 13mm bolt under the car behind the linkage til its slack and moves freely, push the spring in ontop of the gearbox whilst turning the selector fork anticlockwise till it goes into neutral, in the car wedge a screwdriver in the two holes under your gear gaiter, then tighten that 13mm bolt up under the car, tite!, start it up with the cluch pedal down just incase.
hope this helps. check it out in tutorials

may be different, iv never had a xe

New Poll