corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Stereo help (plus other Vectra help now..)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stereo help (plus other Vectra help now..)
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   28th Aug 11 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked up the new motor yesterday. Never actually checked out the stereo originally because it looked like the factory one so assumed all was ok. Tried to turn it on and no joy, so pulled it out and turns out it's not even connected at the back and I can see why.

This is what I've got in front of me..

It looks like it'd connect if the larger part wasn't on the connector, but all of the blue plastic is joined together? Like I said, the stereo looks factory and fits perfectly on the dash, etc. What do I need to do, some kind of converter?

Any help appreciated.

[Edited on 29-08-2011 by Brett]
alan-g-w

28th Aug 11 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go into a local audio place and ask them if it's an ISO connector that you need Brett, looks like that to me
Brett
Premium Member

28th Aug 11 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, this one you reckon?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Quadlock-ISO-Wiring-Harness-connector-Adaptor-/270670099753

Brett
Premium Member

28th Aug 11 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually, I'm not sure if that'd fit both ends :s
alan-g-w

28th Aug 11 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye mate I reckon that you need something like that, the solid black side looked like it'd work fine anyway - what make's the stereo?
Brett
Premium Member

28th Aug 11 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The stereo is a factory vauxhall one, it matches the dash and fits into the funny shaped hole perfectly, hence the confusion. I'm not trying to fit an aftermarket one or anything like that as I'd rather all the thumb controls on the steering wheel work, etc. Not sure if when it was a cop car it wouldn't of had a stereo and that's something to do with it

[Edited on 28-08-2011 by Brett]
alan-g-w

28th Aug 11 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye that's very possible, i'd either wait till someone comes on with a bit more solid advice than me or take a wee run down to the local car audio place as suggested
Brett
Premium Member

28th Aug 11 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I'll probably just go Halfords and get one of the "experts" to come and have a look. Thing is, the same cables that are a tenner there are like £2 delivered online Yes, I'm tight.

[Edited on 28-08-2011 by Brett]
pow
Premium Member

28th Aug 11 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sure it doesn't fit - looks like it should to me...
alan-g-w

28th Aug 11 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pow the blue bit in the first pic has three blocks all stuck together, can't see how they would plug into that female black part in the ebay link
Corsa_Sport21

28th Aug 11 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its a factory fit stereo it should just plug straight into the car loom.

Is that black plug attatched right to the car loom??

What Stereo is it??The CDR 2005??
Brett
Premium Member

28th Aug 11 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The black one is the back of the stereo?

Not sure which without going outside actually, think it says CD30 or CD130 off the top of my head.

To me, it looks like if the larger bit on the 3 blue plugs was seperate then it'd fit, but it's all attached as one.
pow
Premium Member

28th Aug 11 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore me I'm chatting bollocks
corsav6_mut

28th Aug 11 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All three plugs are attatched but an aftermarket stereo audio lead will fit, it will just leave the third plug out. It's a standard ISO with a stalk adapter (maybe) there's a gap so it doesn't need to be separated.
Corsa_Sport21

28th Aug 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What year is the Vectra again??

Its quite possible you have a CD player for a full canbus car instead of half canbus.Or the other way around.

Theres a good chance that if you get a conversion plug that it might also need paired to the car.
Brett
Premium Member

28th Aug 11 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
What year is the Vectra again??

Its quite possible you have a CD player for a full canbus car instead of half canbus.Or the other way around.

Theres a good chance that if you get a conversion plug that it might also need paired to the car.

Are you saying that even with a conversion cable it might not work properly?

I was in two minds whether on not just to get an adaptor plate and aftermarket stereo, but obviously I'd rather keep it standard as possible, save money and be able to use the steering wheel controls.

I think I'll probably just go to Halfords and got one of the boffins there to sort it and if it all doesn't work how it should then I'll just tell them I'll leave it.

Cheers for suggestions tho everyone
Corsa_Sport21

28th Aug 11 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What year is the car??
Darrell16v

28th Aug 11 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cut the top block off leaving the two bottom ones still attached and worked for every stereo I had so far,
Brett
Premium Member

28th Aug 11 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
What year is the car??

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell16v
I cut the top block off leaving the two bottom ones still attached and worked for every stereo I had so far,

So you cut that larger block that looks out of place off? What did you do, just stick a hacksaw in there and hack away? Would everything still work how it should? The seperate screen above would still say station, track, etc. and the steering controls work?
Darrell16v

28th Aug 11 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was for my corsa, I have no steering controls so I don't have a clue what the top block was for tbh.
pow
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll have the wrong CD player for the car (or loom I should say). The top bit is likely to control any phone kits/amps/cd chagers/the screen/steeringwheel controls/microphones etc.
Brett
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
You'll have the wrong CD player for the car (or loom I should say). The top bit is likely to control any phone kits/amps/cd chagers/the screen/steeringwheel controls/microphones etc.

Yeah, thought that might be the case After reading about codes and pairing them to cars and all that bollocks, I think I might just get an adaptor plate and a cheap aftermarket stereo
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 11 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have thumb dial things on the steering wheel or just buttons?

There are two types of CAN bus on those, half and full.

CD30 is full bus, you might need a CDR2005 or similar.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 11 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CDR2005 pinouts - which appear to match the car loom -

Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 11 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Full CAN -

Half CAN -

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll