corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Stereo help (plus other Vectra help now..)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stereo help (plus other Vectra help now..)
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Aug 11 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, you're onto something there Ian. My car doesn't have the dials on the wheel, just buttons. I'm guessing mine is half.

Do you know if I bought a CDR2005 it'd just plonk straight in or would I need a code for it or something along those lines? Ideally, like I said, I would like use of the steering controls and it to use the screen properly to tell track etc. how it should from factory. Want to keep it as original as possible whilst spending as little as possible ideally.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 11 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CCR 2006 is the changer one in the above pic.

Loads on the bay, but get the correct facia, they were also fitted in Corsa C and Omega in different colours.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=%28cdr2005%2C+cdr+2005%2C+ccr2006%2C+ccr+2006%29&_sacat=See-All-Categories
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 11 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they just take the code in the normal way, hold down AS when you turn it on then buttons 1-4 to enter the code and AS to accept.

I would guess everything will work as normal, looks like the original head unit was removed but the loom left in place, that guy has bought a CD30 because it was advertised as for a Vectra and he didn't know about the CAN differences.

[Edited on 29-08-2011 by Ian]
Brett
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, great cheers. So these stereos have their own individual code which I'd need supplied with it. It seems ones without code are cheaper, so how would I go about getting a code? Is there an easy way? Thanks for help.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 11 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find a seller who has it, they're on the Car Pass card that comes with the car.

If it doesn't have a code you can flash the EEPROM, they can't be decoded from the serial number like some older ones.
Brett
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, cheers, sounds like I'm best getting one with a code

Noticed a couple of bits that are up with the car now after a couple of days ownership that I overlooked when buying...

The 3rd brake light doesn't come on when the brakes are pressed? It comes on if I open the boot tho? I don't know if it's supposed to come on when the boot is opened or it's been wired wrong, like to the interior boot light or something

There's still evidence of the police setup around the place. It's got some kind of little control box wired up doing something in the back, looks like little phone socket plugs on it. Just trying to suss everything out at the minute lol There's a switch on the steering column that I'm not sure about too

Got this light on the dash too...

Asked John on here because I know he has one and agreed that it's bulb related but didn't know specifically what, although all bulbs seem in check? Can't see it in the manual.

[Edited on 29-08-2011 by Brett]
Corsa_Sport21

29th Aug 11 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Double check the bulbs on the rear as iirc, thats the symbol for parking lights.

There should also be 2 bulbs lit on each side and also check the brake lights.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 11 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a height adjuster on the dash? If not then it had factory xenons which have been removed, hence that light.
Brett
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Double check the bulbs on the rear as iirc, thats the symbol for parking lights.

There should also be 2 bulbs lit on each side and also check the brake lights.
When you unlocked and opened the boot on yours, did the 3rd brake light come on? Just wondering if that's normal or not.

Corsa_Sport21

29th Aug 11 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going from the other pics he posted, it did have Xenons.
Corsa_Sport21

29th Aug 11 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, only the number plate lights should come on.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 11 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, shouldn't do that.
Brett
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol right, so something's wired wrong along there somewhere. Clearly works because it comes on when I said, just not when it's supposed too Ah well, will take a look. Gonna go check out the adjuster switch now.

Brett
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Is there a height adjuster on the dash? If not then it had factory xenons which have been removed, hence that light.

Think you're bang on This is controls for xenons isn't it

Not particularly bothered if they're not xenon, although it does raise the question why, but there's lights there so I'm fine with that. Can I plug in and turn off that, turn off xenons or whatever?

Cheers
Corsa_Sport21

29th Aug 11 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, that knob is for adjusting the brightness of the dash lights.

Does the car still have the Xenons fitted??
Brett
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, but since there's no headlight adjuster that's the panel they use for xenon fitted cars isn't it?

May sound retarded but I don't know how to tell if xenons are fitted? What am I looking for? I twist the switch and lights come on
Corsa_Sport21

29th Aug 11 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, you're car should have Xenons fitted.The pics you posted the other day showed this as it had the headlight washers which were only fitted to Vectra's with Xenon headlights.

When you turn the lights on do they start off dim, then get brighter??Do they have a blue tinge to them??
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 11 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The controls just don't include height adjustment because it's done automatically with xenons.

Non-auto one looks like this

Corsa_Sport21

29th Aug 11 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The police also don't normally remove the Xenon's either.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 11 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post a pic of them on.
Brett
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The police also don't normally remove the Xenon's either.

Someone has owned the car between then and and me getting it.
quote:
When you turn the lights on do they start off dim, then get brighter??Do they have a blue tinge to them??
Surely that's not the definitive way to tell if you have xenons? I'll go and pop the bonnet, tell me what to look for

Corsa_Sport21

29th Aug 11 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Surely that's not the definitive way to tell if you have xenons? I'll go and pop the bonnet, tell me what to look for

Its a pretty easy way to tell without popping the bonnet.

Im not sure where the ballasts are located on the Vectra's.
Brett
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it didn't have xenons, is it not an MOT requirement to be able to adjust the headlights? Not actually sure, just asking.
Brett
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reason I said about the blue tinge etc. is because I had a blue tinge on my audi ones, because I bought high watt bulbs with a blue tinge

I've been out and took a pic anyway, but it was extremely hard with the light and the camera phone, hence me having 3 tries.

Corsa_Sport21

29th Aug 11 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm quite hard to tell but i would say they werent Xenons.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll