corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Jambo's BMW E36 ///M3 Convertible * *Sold - Now Broken!!*

New Poll
  <<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jambo's BMW E36 ///M3 Convertible * *Sold - Now Broken!!*
Tomnova16
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Jun 12 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah he's done both jambos M3's

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Jambo

19th Jun 12 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work with all their mates also
pow
Premium Member

19th Jun 12 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet you're their only white customer
Tomnova16
Premium Member

19th Jun 12 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they only have white customers

3CorsaMeal

19th Jun 12 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo is white?
Jambo

21st Jun 12 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just spoken to the garage, looks like the pump

Which is great news as i have a mint pump sat here for ocasions such as this It also has a nice new acumulator which needed replacing anyway so two birds with one stone.

Going to drop it down asap. Fingers crossed she will be back on the road soon
Tomnova16
Premium Member

21st Jun 12 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good stuff lad

Jambo

21st Jun 12 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to weigh up costs of replacing it, to costs of buying another one ive seen and swaping bits over. As its in way better condition than mine so wouldnt need paint or roof.

Will see!
Ben G

21st Jun 12 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good news jambo. theres nothing like worrying about a big repair bill then getting good news like that.

if you're that worried about the paintwork then fix this, put it back to standard, sell it and buy the other.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Jun 12 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember when i thought the puma had a snapped cambelt, went to start it one morning and failed to start, with the classic turning over quickly like it wasnt turning the engine.

assumed it was the belt got it towed to the garage expecting to have a phone call later in the day to tell me how much a rebuild was going to cost.

turned out belt was fine and they had no idea what caused it, probably starter motor playing up
Jambo

21st Jun 12 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well not counting chickens, it MAY not be the cause. But as the acumulator needs fitting and i have this pump spare, it will be fitted and hope the combo will give it enough pressure to select reverse. Cable is unlikely cause aparently as there is only one (i thought there was 4) to select all gears, so unlikely to only miss 1 gear if it was that.

Fingers crossed.
Jambo

25th Jun 12 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awaiting news. Starting to wish i had never started this project now. Feeling like i have bitten off more than I can chew!

Especially as I only have the one car now.
SetH

25th Jun 12 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you bought another what 'bits' would you swap over?

Seems like a lot of work just to have a better condition roof and paint work?
3CorsaMeal

25th Jun 12 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly mate, whatever car you have, you will feel like your not where you want to be.

Didn't your E46 have a full respray and then you sold it? Now you have an older car that needs paint work.

I think the photos people put up on the internet get us all dreaming, sure a car looks great in one photo, hours after loads of work has been done. But unless you lock it away and treat it like a poorly child your never going to have this amazingly clean showroom condition car.

Real life is a car that looks great from the other side of the road, These perfect ones don't exist and when they do, they aren't like it forever.

People get too carried away with cosmetic stuff, and never really achieve what they wanted in the 1st place.

Nothing phases me now on the corrado, if it needs something i will do it. I hadn't even changed the brakes pads on my corsa as thought it was beyond me, now i'm rebuilding a whole corrado. Mechanics is easy, its just putting in the effort and not cutting corners.
Jambo

25th Jun 12 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very true Jim, mine looks far better in photos. Just a damn shame when im cleaning it and the front end just looks terrible The rest is fari play for a 14yr old car and honestly doesnt bother me too much. But the front is terrible.

E46 didn't have a full respray but a lot of it was repainted due to people who liked crashing into it when it was stationary.

Bits to swap would be suspension bits, exhaust possibly, ICE, Front seats, painted parts etc. Not a massive amount. The rest would be sold.

The only reason i say this as mine is not a rare colour or spec, its nearly 100k. So buying a lower mile one in a more saught after colour that doesnt need work is a better financial move.

If that makes sense. Spending on mine is essentially throwing money down the bog.
SetH

25th Jun 12 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold my mint classic impreza for the reasons stated above by Jim and after forking out for a rebuild short block that was the final nail.

The front end of my E46 is stone chipped to buggery but I will not be forking out to have the bumper, bonnet & wings sprayed. If I did that it would be a near immaculate car but knowing the habits of the car buying public it wont make fuck all difference to resale so I wont bother.

Jambo I can see where you are coming from and if you do the swap and keep for a while then I guess you will get some enjoyment from it and not lose much value if any at all.

Have you found a potential suitor yet? expect you are eyeing up an individual of sorts
Jambo

25th Jun 12 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH im think of buying Colins! I always wanted on with light leather. Hate black interiros!

Although there is a dakar SMG one that looks tidy, i prefer the SMG but it would make sense to buy the one that will need less maintenance i guess.

Shall see what happens to mine, I adore it just wish it was a bit better is all.
Jon_C
Premium Member

30th Jun 12 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any progress with this dude??
Jambo

30th Jun 12 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope

Still laid up in a garage waiting to be fixed.
Jon_C
Premium Member

30th Jun 12 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you still have the jeep to hoon about in while its gone ?
Jambo

30th Jun 12 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, typical isn't it
Jon_C
Premium Member

30th Jun 12 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sad days mate.
Jambo

1st Jul 12 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sad days indeed. MOT now run out. More fun to be had
taylorboosh

1st Jul 12 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see this going out the window
3CorsaMeal

2nd Jul 12 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its gone beyond swapping out bits of trim and headlights and shit hits the fan

<<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Jambo's BMW E36 ///M3 Convertible * *Sold - Now Broken!!* 24 database queries in 0.1152050 seconds