corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speedline centre caps dont fit now wheels are on the car???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speedline centre caps dont fit now wheels are on the car???
IainL

User status: Offline
13th Aug 11 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, the centre caps on my Speedlines fitted perfectly when they were on the car.

However, when I put the wheels on the car today, the centre caps simply will not press on, not even close. It looks like the cap covering the stub axle assembly is fouling the centre cap, stopping to going on.

Can anyone help me?
tintin

13th Aug 11 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you say cap i assume you mean the rear dust cap covering the wheel bearing and hub nut assembly? Should that be teh case first ensure that cover is pushed all the way home. If it is maybe you could try flattening it a little or removing it all together.
sri boy

13th Aug 11 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iff its fronts ure drive shart its sticking out to mutch and its making them not go on
IainL

13th Aug 11 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its fronts and backs and they are pushed right on. I'm confused as I thought these were designed for the Corsa B and Nova?
Tomm R

13th Aug 11 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be the dust covers that go over your hub nut.

They will be to large.

You may have had hub/bearing work done on the car at some point before you owned it, when they did this they may have replaced the dust covers with larger ones than standard.

I fitted a set of wheels yesterday and not all of the caps fitted. The wheels which the centre caps wouldn't fit on had recently had the bearings replaced and new dust covers fitted.

Whipped them off and the caps fitted.
IainL

13th Aug 11 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah ok, could be the answer. Strange how all 4 dont fit though. The back dust covers are a lot smaller but my centre caps still dont fit over. I'll try taking the dust cover off one wheel ans see if the centre cap fits. Suppose if I pack it with enought grease it should be ok.
--ToM--

14th Aug 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt need to be packed with grease hence why there called dust covers there to stop dust getting in not to keep grease in, if you pack it with grease ittll just flick all over the inside of the center cap, just pop the dust caps of and pop your center caps on simples!

New Poll