corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » RC Planes..

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RC Planes..
John

User status: Offline
7th Jan 12 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if you are just shit at it and that's why you crash so many and can't fly a helicopter?
DaveyLC

7th Jan 12 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
i just bought this
http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=PKZ1100
mate got a mustang and other mate has a texan something, gonna fly tomorrow as long as its not windy

It was too windy today, I flew the Twister but it was very gusty.. I think tomorrow might be a tad windy but you might get a flight in the morning
DaveyLC

7th Jan 12 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
What if you are just shit at it and that's why you crash so many and can't fly a helicopter?

NEWS FLASH: Un-provoked retort from John shocker...

...Give it a go John and report back
DaveyLC

5th Mar 12 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold the Twister CP helicopter as they are renound for being twitchy as fuck and almost impossible to fly.. and I thought that would be the end of my helicopter saga!

I got the itch again and bought a Blade mSR which then later upgraded to a Blade mSRx and last week I bit the bullet and bought a 400 size helicopter.

While practicing hovering I got a drift on and my first instinct was to kill the throttle stick (big no no on a collective pitch heli) and I performed the ultimate noob "book strike"

This is a lot harder than it look
Eddx14xe

5th Mar 12 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a cheap £30-40 one off ebay. Its really easy to fly, I managed to land it on my GFs hand.
DaveyLC

5th Mar 12 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
I've got a cheap £30-40 one off ebay. Its really easy to fly, I managed to land it on my GFs hand.

Yeah the shitty coaxial things are piss easy to fly.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

every time i want to fly mine its too windy

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
DaveyLC

5th Mar 12 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you got Tom?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
i just bought this
http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=PKZ1100
mate got a mustang and other mate has a texan something, gonna fly tomorrow as long as its not windy

It was too windy today, I flew the Twister but it was very gusty.. I think tomorrow might be a tad windy but you might get a flight in the morning

DaveyLC

5th Mar 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry thought you meant you had bought a helicopter
Tomnova16
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aha i see the confusion, nah i have loads of little helicopters but no bigguns

DaveyLC

5th Mar 12 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you fancy a gian version of your cub? I've built a multiplex mentor (nearly 6foot wingspan), all digital servos, massive G32 motor, 120amp speed controller etc. I've only flown in about 10 times (never crashed) I'm hooked on EDF though so it doesnt get flown enough to warrant keeping it
Tomnova16
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im quite happy with my inexpensive little bad boy at the moment but my mate may want it
how much and any pics?

DaveyLC

5th Mar 12 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only pic I've got .. £240 quid would be nice but I'm negotiable if he wanted to use his own speed controller.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he has nothing so will need the lot, does it come with transmitter and is it the bind and fly style

DaveyLC

5th Mar 12 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just the plane.. ready for a Receiver and battery...

If he's looking to start from nothing its probably not the best route to take lol

It would save a bit of money over doing it your self though the foam kit was £120 odd, theres £100 of servos and another £100 of other bits (motor/prop/prop adaptor/wiring/speed controller etc.).. And obvioulsy the time to build it.

Tomnova16
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he may go for it, ill send the pic and details to him

DaveyLC

5th Mar 12 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool Its a very stable plane.. and its got BAGS of power.. wayyyy more than it would ever need! it takes off in about 20foot Its very docile in the air too.
DaveyLC

6th Mar 12 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just finished the Cypher rebuild, got the CG near enough spot on this time and I added a UBEC (secondary power supply) as four fast servos are quite a drain on the speed controller.

The wiring is also a little bit tidier and I removed the horrid stickers from the canopy

DaveyLC

15th Mar 12 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crashed the Cypher AGAIN! Blades, Boom and Mainshaft.. Only about £12 fix but still annoying!
Aaron

15th Mar 12 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I broke 2 of my 3 cars on the weekend too. I've had enough now tbh....i'm selling them. One only needs a new front diff, and other had an argument with a kerb...and lost.
DaveyLC

15th Mar 12 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL! Its heart breaking isnt it?

I've got a hankering for a 500 size helicopter but I know it will end up costing me dear
Aaron

15th Mar 12 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yes

It was my stupid fault though. I hadn't set the failsafe on the car which hit the kerb

The standard failsafe which came with is was shite, and it needed to be "set" each time the car was turned on. I had some guy over my shoulder asking if he could watch me drive it around, and i totally forgot to set the failsafe. As i was driving it around, something happened, and off it went! BANG, into a kerb. It's a hard car, so it bounced off 3 kerbs before it landed on its roof.

Gutted.

A lot of the stuff on the car is still good, but i CBA to buy the parts and fix it...simply because i know it will trash it again. I'm going to sell it as crash damaged. The engine alone generally goes for £100 on eBay.

The car above was a HoBao Hyper 7 Black edtion, and the car which needs a front diff is a Thunder Tiger Tomahawk VX (once again, i just can;t be bothered to keep throwing money at them)

I also have a Thunder Tiger MTA4 Monster Truck, which is in perfect condition. I'm going to keep that one for now...until i trash it

[Edited on 15-03-2012 by Aaron]
neil h

15th Mar 12 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
LOL! Its heart breaking isnt it?

I've got a hankering for a 500 size helicopter but I know it will end up costing me dear

Managed to put a inch long crack in the crankcase on my savage a few weeks back. That was a proper pain in the arse 'cus I tried pretty much everything I could think of to fix it and it still wouldn't run properly... Then I stripped the engine down
DaveyLC

19th Mar 12 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus stripped the Spur Gear on her Traxxas yesterday.. She's an ANIMAL, flat out everywhere ... So I made her dismantle it last night while I looked online for the new part, my thoughts are if she has to fix it she wont keep breaking it lol

I also stacked my Helicopter AGAIN, not enough negative pitch and too much wind, bloody thing kept climbing ended up landing a bit heavy and suffered a mild boom strike

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » RC Planes.. 23 database queries in 0.1924169 seconds