corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » same old engine question :)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author same old engine question :)
WARPED

User status: Offline
11th Apr 03 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im havin my engine taken out in a few months to have piston rings checked and while its out im gonna spend some cash makin it faster. whats a manzel power box thingy? what are the dblias inlet manifold things? how much would it cost for me to get about 110-120 bhp out of my 1.4 16v?

before anyone says it i dont wanna do an engine conversion cause mines only done 30K and i dont wanna fit a turbo
RickV6

11th Apr 03 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont bother with Dbilas
Mantzel powerbox is a plenum for inlet manifold and takes a few feet of piping away to give a more direct route for air to be pulled into engine, this will give you bout 20bhp for £475 (fit yourself not too difficult) then get a cat back exhaust system £150-£300, Janspeed do a manifold for £160, add a superchip-£290 or unichip-£400, modify your existing airbox with one or two 40mm hole in front bottom left corner (inner wing) and put in cold air feed and take restrictor out of airbox lid (taps out) and fit a K&N panel filter this should give you the power figures your looking for, you could do cams whilst out
WARPED

11th Apr 03 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only bit im lookin 2 do while the engine is out r the bits that need to have engine in peces, ie the powerbox. how hard is it to fit a manifold cause i am a great believer in DIY and also what kinda setting up does the engine need after the work, fueling, timing etc? ? ? ?
RickV6

11th Apr 03 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The powerbox and zaust manifold are very easy will be fitted as you are refitting engine to car, the only other things you may want to do while the engine is stripped is to have head ported, cams fitted and strengthened bottom end bolts fitted but thats upto you and your budget.
The car will run fine with all mods as the ECU will adapt to a certain extent but ideally you will need it chipped to increase fulling etc, this should be the only setting up needed
WARPED

11th Apr 03 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as there is no way i would be able to do the whole lot at once which order would you recommend to do them in, im going to start with full system and de-cat, already got a k+n induction kit, what next?

just been having a look through total vauxhall at the systems and sportex also do a very reasonable system and manifold, do you know if these are any good?
wainey

11th Apr 03 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate had a sportex system from online in lichfield with a 4branch manifold, the manifold was 100quid and whatever the full system was, his gsi was quick with just those mods!
WARPED

12th Apr 03 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant decide between a piper system in stainless or a sportex in mild so im gonna start a new post to find out cheers 4 the help guys, im startin with my full system then manifold then inlet manifold

New Poll