corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  213    214    215    216    217    218  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
Robbo

User status: Offline
31st Aug 11 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member

bit of a pisstake tbh, plus daft from his point, surepyl he needs to play every match when hes fit!
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 23:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

Lost every shred of respect, and pity I felt for Hargreaves.
Hammer

31st Aug 11 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member

I don't really get the hatred for Hargreaves tbh, United released him and he's went to the best club that were in for him
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 23:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

I've lost all respect for you anaw for bringing The Goalie inti it
Ben J

1st Sep 11 at 06:48   View User's Profile U2U Member

Well I'm chuffed to bits with our transfers. With the situation we were in we've done what's required. I think Arteta will prove to be a top signing.

Ben J

1st Sep 11 at 06:53   View User's Profile U2U Member

Seems Arteta took a £10k paycut to join us too lol.
mwg

1st Sep 11 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member

I think the Meireles transfer was the biggest coop on deadline day. 30 mins to go he hands a request in. Then next thing he's a Chelsea player & only cost them £12m!!!
Tom

1st Sep 11 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I think the Meireles transfer was the biggest coop on deadline day. 30 mins to go he hands a request in. Then next thing he's a Chelsea player & only cost them £12m!!!

Apparently we'd been trying to shift him all summer (didn't offer him the improved contract he was promised by previous regime), definitely over stocked in that area until last night considering the competitions we are in. I think he'll be a decent signing for Chelsea though. It's nice to see our sugar daddy is still spending though

Very happy with Bellamy in and Ngog out, adds another dimension and hopefully good back up to Suarez.

Arteta to Arsenal was a bit of a shocker, could turn out decent for them (but expect him to spend time out injured). Worrying times for Everton.

That news of Kaka to Spurs was typically OTT SSN, talking absolute rubbish and Jim White looking as if he was gonna jiz all over himself every time they cut to the spurs training ground.

All those gimpy kids outside Stoke

Tom

1st Sep 11 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Liverpool selling merieles to Chelsea is just fucking hilarious, he was liverpool's best player last season when they found form again, scored some great goals, Chelsea have picked up a quality player

The thing I find funniest is that kenny thinks Henderson and Adam are ahead of him in the pecking order. Fucking idiot.

Meireles was good during his purple patch's last season, no arguements there, but he also went missing in loads of games and was never handed a solid starting position (often played LM, CM, AM, RM). I liked him and he scored some important goals but in all honesty he was a bit of a luxury player (for this season), we have Gerrard coming back in next month and we already have Lucas, Henderson, Adam, and Spearing capable of playing in a 2 or 3 man midfield. We have strengthened in all the areas we needed to as well, namely CM, LB, CB, LW, SS, GK

1st team squad - players in:
Charlie Adam (from Blackpool)
Jordan Henderson (from Sunderland)
Stewart Downing (from Aston Villa)
Doni (from AS Roma)
Jose Enrique (from Newcastle United)
Sebastian Coates (from Nacional)
Craig Bellamy (from Manchester City)

I'm delighted to have rid of pretty much all the players we needed to as well, which was a priority to get some of the shocking players/contracts gone from previous regime.

1st team squad (or ex) sold/released:
Raul Meireles (to Chelsea)
David Ngog (to Bolton Wanderers)
Sotirios Kyrgiakos (to Vfl Wolfsburg)
Christian Poulsen (to Evian)
Milan Jovanovic (to Anderlecht)
Paul Konchesky (to Leicester City)
Emiliano Insua (to Sporting CP)
Daniel Ayala (to Norwich)
Nabil El Zhar (Released)
Philippe Degen (Released)

1st team squad loans:]
Alberto Aquilani (loaned to AC Milan)
Joe Cole (loaned to Lille)
Dani Pacheco (loaned to Atletico Madrid)

Our net spend isn't that high for this summer (or this whole year) which many of you will laugh at but that's fine if you couple that with the people we have got off the wage bill (or reduced at least) it will help us to comply with FFP and be ready to spend next summer. Our squad looks better and easily capable of challenging for top 4 which is what this year is all about and if the players show they are capable of producing that top 4 finish we won't have to add that much next summer, will just be a case of strengthening with some quality additions to help us in Europe.

In summary, really happy with this window, the best I can remember given the shambles of what the new owners inherrited and very impressed with Comolli so far.

Jamie Walby

1st Sep 11 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I actually give up when it comes to reasoning with somebody who has such tinted spectacles.
Nath, its not being rose tinted at all. Marc said fergie signs UNKNOWN players and makes them world class. i made a throw away comment to say no he doesnt (please do name an UNKNOWN he made world class, obv except for the butt/becks generation etc) but wenger had done plenty of times with the likes of ashley cole, vieira, ljungberg, anelka etc. not arguing that fergie makes players world class but my throw away comment wa sinr esponse to UNKNOW players, not players

Hernandez? Id never heard of him anyway
strick206

1st Sep 11 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I don't really get the hatred for Hargreaves tbh, United released him and he's went to the best club that were in for him

That's true, but he also said he wants to play football, and can play 40 games this year, obviously not the case if he decided to join city, imo it will be the money he has signed for.

Just think it is disrespectful to join them after we have spent millions trying to help him out, allowed him to spend all his time in america and germany, was very rarely at old trafford. He's just a cunt imo now tbh

Which is shame because i really like him as a player (when he played)
strick206

1st Sep 11 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I actually give up when it comes to reasoning with somebody who has such tinted spectacles.
Nath, its not being rose tinted at all. Marc said fergie signs UNKNOWN players and makes them world class. i made a throw away comment to say no he doesnt (please do name an UNKNOWN he made world class, obv except for the butt/becks generation etc) but wenger had done plenty of times with the likes of ashley cole, vieira, ljungberg, anelka etc. not arguing that fergie makes players world class but my throw away comment wa sinr esponse to UNKNOW players, not players

Hernandez? Id never heard of him anyway

Hernandez yeah, i completely forgot about him, he was completely unknown when we signed him before the world cup, robbo's comment was just utter shite
Tommy L

1st Sep 11 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member

NUFC PLAYERS OUT

Sol Campbell (released)
Shefki Kuqi (released)
Kevin Nolan (West Ham £4.5m)
Wayne Routledge (Swansea £2.0m)
Jose Enrique (Liverpool £6.0m)
Joey Barton (QPR free)

Season Long Loan Moves - Out

Xisco - Deportivo Fraser
Forster - Celtic

NUFC PLAYERS IN

Yohan Cabaye (Lille £4.5m)
Mehdi Abeid (Lens free)
Demba Ba (West Ham free)
Sylvain Marveaux (Rennes free)
Gabriel Obertan (Man United £3m)
Davide Santon (Inter-Milan £5m)
Rob Elliot (Charlton £0.3m)

Obviously the notable players going out are Barton, Nolan and Enrique. I think cabaye is better than Nolan and he is starting to get up to speed with the PL but we lost our captain. Barton is a fantastic footballer, a lot better than people give him credit for, but his off field antics weren't going to do us any good. Enrique was buy of the summer for liverpool imo especially at £6m. He will be our biggest loss going out the club. Campbell, kuqi & routledge, I don't think i need to say how i feel about them leaving

Happy with the players that have come in but would have been nice to get another striker in, but we've only had 7 months to get one. Not getting one has left a bitter taste at the end of the window but on the whole we are a lot stronger than last year imo. We've still got Ben Arfa to come back Wonder how many more times we'll be saying that this season
Russ

1st Sep 11 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member

did i honestly just read adam, henderson and SPEARING can do the same job as meresrewrledsss
strick206

1st Sep 11 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
did i honestly just read adam, henderson and SPEARING can do the same job as meresrewrledsss

Yeah but i'm bored of debating it now, merieles is a far better player than all of those
Jamie Walby

1st Sep 11 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member

All these signings Arsenal made dont really excite me so much but im gonna try take a positive spin on them.

Santos is a Brazil international, he cant be that bad. Plays in a position we needed to strengthen.

Metesacker, big, good positioning. Im led to believe his disciplinary record is very good! Will hopefully improve our defence. He is probably my favourite signing out of all of them. The one we needed the most IMO.

Benayoun. Surprised by this one. He always looked good when he played for Liverpool and from what I vaguely remember from his time at West Ham. I feel he cocked up going to Chelsea and had some injuries. I think he will do a job at Arsenal.

Arteta. Had his injuries and for £10m he is worth a go. Premier league experience and pushing 30. Could prove to be a quality signing.

The Korean fella. Is he really as bad as everyone are making him out to be? Played for Monaco in the top flight of French football. He's played in a world cup and hes the captain of the national team that Park Ji Sung plays in and I dont think he is a bad player at all. Im prepared to give him a chance.

Im looking at it like Wenger has added 5 players to a squad which needed strengthening. Given the amount of players we had missing at Old Trafford I would argue that had these 5 players been in the team, we wouldnt have lost so badly, althought we probably will have still lost but probably on by a couple of goals.

Our season starts against Swansea.
Tom

1st Sep 11 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Russ

You read that these players can do the jobs that we need them to do, I've already said Raul is a good player but he's not a 1st team starter down to his work rate, therefore selling him for £12m/13m is decent business (although I would have preferred him to not go to Chelsea). For all the the hype of United's youngsters (you know 'we don't Sneijder we have Cleverly' etc) people haven't taken any notice of how well our said players have been getting on. Adam has looked really good in spells so far, Henderson was brilliant against Bolton, Spearing was one of our most improved players last season and is decent back up to Lucas. We're aiming for top 4 and to build for the future, i'm extremely happy with what we've done. I expect we'll see improvements again in midfield/forward areas ready to play in Europe next season too when we can attract some more proven players.
Ben J

1st Sep 11 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
All these signings Arsenal made dont really excite me so much but im gonna try take a positive spin on them.

Santos is a Brazil international, he cant be that bad. Plays in a position we needed to strengthen.

Metesacker, big, good positioning. Im led to believe his disciplinary record is very good! Will hopefully improve our defence. He is probably my favourite signing out of all of them. The one we needed the most IMO.

Benayoun. Surprised by this one. He always looked good when he played for Liverpool and from what I vaguely remember from his time at West Ham. I feel he cocked up going to Chelsea and had some injuries. I think he will do a job at Arsenal.

Arteta. Had his injuries and for £10m he is worth a go. Premier league experience and pushing 30. Could prove to be a quality signing.

The Korean fella. Is he really as bad as everyone are making him out to be? Played for Monaco in the top flight of French football. He's played in a world cup and hes the captain of the national team that Park Ji Sung plays in and I dont think he is a bad player at all. Im prepared to give him a chance.

Im looking at it like Wenger has added 5 players to a squad which needed strengthening. Given the amount of players we had missing at Old Trafford I would argue that had these 5 players been in the team, we wouldnt have lost so badly, althought we probably will have still lost but probably on by a couple of goals.

Exactly my feelings.
Rick Draper

1st Sep 11 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Dont let Liverpool fans hear that, they will be thinking it was £24m+
Tom

1st Sep 11 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:

I think your transfer strategy was rediculous and saw you miss out on some players who would have improved you alot more than the ones you've ended up with. Arsene's stubborness is still in question (although he actually bought some older players for once which is heading in the right direction). I think Metersacker could prove to be a shrewd signing and will be your most important, although that's irrelevant if you don't start coaching some defending and playing such a high line as I don't think he's that good on the turn and you can only recover from certain situation by good reading of the game. I've heard very good things about that Korean dude, he could turn out to be another decent signing. I can see you starting to get better, but I also think you needed a good DM this window so who knows.
Tom

1st Sep 11 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

No, that's how much he would have cost if we sold him to your shower
Rick Draper

1st Sep 11 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

No, that's how much he would have cost if we sold him to your shower

Then we would have let you have him back on a free
Ojc

1st Sep 11 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member

Ins

Michael Chopra From: Cardiff City Fee: £1.5 million
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas From: Arsenal Fee: £1.1 million
Lee Bowyer From: Birmingham City Fee: Free
Keith Andrews From: Blackburn Rovers Fee: Loan
Jimmy Bullard From: Hull City Fee: Free
Aaron Cresswell From: Tranmere Rovers Fee: Undisclosed
Ibrahima Sonko From: Stoke City Fee: Free
Ivar Ingimarsson From: Unattached Fee: Free
Nathan Ellington From: Watford Fee: Free
David Stockdale From: Fulham Fee: Loan
Daryl Murphy From: Celtic Fee: Loan

Outs

Brian Murphy To: QPR Fee: Free
Connor Wickham To: Sunderland Fee: £8.9 million
Gareth McAuley To: West Bromwich Albion Fee: Free
Marton Fulop To: West Bromwich Albion Fee: Undisclosed
David Norris To: Portsmouth Fee: Free
Josh Meekings To: Inverness CT Fee: Free
Rory McKeown To: Kilmarnock Fee: Free
Troy Brown To: Rotherham United Fee: Free
Tom Eastman To: Colchester United Fee: Free
Jamie Griffiths To: Plymouth Fee: Loan
Rick Draper

1st Sep 11 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member

Been reading Spuds snubbed £30M + Alex for Modric in the belief they would sign Cahill but Bolton were trying to get a px on Cahill for Defoe so Spuds got shafted
Ben J

1st Sep 11 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member

Always good when Spurz get shafted.

<<  213    214    215    216    217    218  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.2506239 seconds