corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  212    213    214    215    216    217    218  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st Aug 11 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
ac milan reserves, for barely anything. fabregas another. as i said numerous times, a throw awya comment about unknow players.not for a seocnd suggetsing fergie doesnt make players stars

The thing is... You actually did You said when has Fergie ever done it, and now that players are being named, you are declaring they were well known anyway? #lostit
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
oh the very very well know youngster he paid £12m for? how is that an unkown! perhaps marc means buying 'a' player and making them world class, rather than signign an unknown and makign them worlkd class (2 very diff thigns!)

Henry cost £11m?! You made a £5m profit And how was he not unknown? To whom was he known? Seriously, you dodged my earlier question about how you know the Werder fans were unhappy with Mertesacker but I want to know how he was not an unknown teenager who only signed for United after the players told Fergie he would be stupid not to after a friendly?!
ronaldo was very well known as a talented youngster otherwise hed have opaid £1.25m not £12.25m , also was CL not a friendly iirc

on the werder point, it was through the very well repsected young guns blog, which was posting soem stuff on twittter yesterday wrt stats and bremen fans reaction

I wouldn't say he was well known Also, if Henry wasn't well known why was he near enough the same price, more than half a decade before it? Inflation and all that? Unknown... Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, David Beckham, Ole Gunner Solskjar, Schmeichel...?
i was exlcuding kids obv, otherwise fabregas etc would come into it. seriously, throw awya comment

also, why henry>? i never mentioned ghim plus surely that backs up the point if we paid near enoguhnt he same for a well know world cup winner as utd paid for a lisbon youngsetr
strick206

31st Aug 11 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member

Ronaldo robbo you fucking muppet, not unknown as such because he'd been linked with a move for months but no fucker had heard of him before that, fergie spends a lot of money on kids, and it comes off a lot of the time, smalling for example?

Ben G

31st Aug 11 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member

15 pages to read no thanks.

meireles is a good deal.

did we sign some funny named guy beginning with d?
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

Who made United a handsome profit I was going by Henry being your best ever player, comparing him to one of United's better players? A throw away comment it may have been, but it seems like you're making more and more of them every day
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
ac milan reserves, for barely anything. fabregas another. as i said numerous times, a throw awya comment about unknow players.not for a seocnd suggetsing fergie doesnt make players stars

The thing is... You actually did You said when has Fergie ever done it, and now that players are being named, you are declaring they were well known anyway? #lostit
NO, im saying he doesnt make UNKNOWN players stars!!! And ronaldo was a well known youngster when he was signed ffs so name a vieira type player that fergie has signed as a compelte unknown and made world class?

again, NOT FOR A SECOND NOT SUGGESTING FERGIE DOESNT MAKE PLAYERS WORLD CLASS - Vidic, Evra, ROnaldo, Rooney, RVN, VDS, list goes on....
Ben J

31st Aug 11 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member

Arteta for £10m is a steal imo.

Everton fans not happy.
Rick Draper

31st Aug 11 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J

Everton fans not happy.

Lot of cash for a 30 year old who has done nothing up to now this season (according to my mate who is a everton fan).
strick206

I personally wouldn't say vidic and evra were well known, vidic possibly the best defender in the world and evra the same two years ago.

Ok, I'll not mention possibly the greatest goalkeeper to ever live in schmeichel.

Obviously you are not including an amazing point in fergies career with all those like beckham, giggs, scholes coming through?

[Edited on 31-08-2011 by strick206]
Robbo

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Who made United a handsome profit I was going by Henry being your best ever player, comparing him to one of United's better players? A throw away comment it may have been, but it seems like you're making more and more of them every day
but why? henry was a world cup winner when we signed chim.

seriosulty, i only made the com,ment because marc said about signing unknowns and makign them world class, otherwise i wouldnt have said owt! and none of our ignigns (apart from santos perhaps ) are unknmow anyway

also im hardly on ehre to make throwaway comments
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

NO, im saying he doesnt make UNKNOWN players stars!!! And ronaldo was a well known youngster when he was signed ffs so name a vieira type player that fergie has signed as a compelte unknown and made world class?

again, NOT FOR A SECOND NOT SUGGESTING FERGIE DOESNT MAKE PLAYERS WORLD CLASS - Vidic, Evra, ROnaldo, Rooney, RVN, VDS, list goes on....

Ronaldo was unknown til United declared interest in him ffs?! And who apart from Vieira? Don't say Anelka Another great player on his day, never world class.
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member

no biut they wenrent unknowsns. tbh, are there any unknowns these days when you think of the likes of jones, smalling, oxlade-chamberlain, walcott et al goin for such silly fees
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
I personally wouldn't say vidic and evra were well known, vidic possibly the best defender in the world and evra the same two years ago.

Ok, I'll not mention possibly the greatest goalkeeper to ever live in schmeichel.

Obviously you are not including an amazing point in fergies career with all those like beckham, giggs, scholes coming through?

no kids, as obv thats a different skill
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

Ronaldo was unknown til United declared interest in him ffs?! And who apart from Vieira? Don't say Anelka Another great player on his day, never world class.
he was not he was well known as one of the best youngsters, otherwise he wouldnt have cost so much! gosh there were loads back in the early days, vieira, anelka (granted perhaps at no one time really world class but done the business everywhere hes been like), ljungberg (on his day would have got into any side), petit (for a brief time at least). none for donkeys years mind, hence why we are where we are now
strick206

31st Aug 11 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member

Robbo I'm actually going to defend you on the arsenal transfers, well all except mertesacker.

Signing an arteta who has had injury problems the last two seasons and whose form has drastically tailed off, who is 30 and costing ten million is a truly shocking signing. I'm not doubting he will do a job but he isn't as good as he was

Benayoun is just a , gervinho IMO is a headless chicken, and that park fella surely can't be better than bender.

Mertesacker is a very good player, he will organise your god awful defence and his lack of pace wont be that much of a problem IMO.
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member

back on topic (), Fulham signed Ruiz for £12m and QPR signed Anton Ferdinand
strick206

31st Aug 11 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:

So you are going to completely ignore schmeichel, vidic and evra?
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Robbo I'm actually going to defend you on the arsenal transfers, well all except mertesacker.

Signing an arteta who has had injury problems the last two seasons and whose form has drastically tailed off, who is 30 and costing ten million is a truly shocking signing. I'm not doubting he will do a job but he isn't as good as he was

Benayoun is just a , gervinho IMO is a headless chicken, and that park fella surely can't be better than bender.

Mertesacker is a very good player, he will organise your god awful defence and his lack of pace wont be that much of a problem IMO.
as ive said many times, i hope to god im proved wrong on all the players but i genuinely think that if you look back 3 months and said this woudl be our squad now, peopel would be in mild shock. Mertesacker has been linked for months and months and always vaguely divided opinoon, mainly on speed etc but i hope it works out well., personally, we could have done with gettign cahill in too and shipping out squillachi as the guys a liability but hey ho, next year maybs

im not convinced on gervinho either but the first few matches hes at leats got about a bit and maybe he'll become more accustomer with the team over the coming months
strick206

31st Aug 11 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member

Liverpool selling merieles to Chelsea is just fucking hilarious, he was liverpool's best player last season when they found form again, scored some great goals, Chelsea have picked up a quality player

The thing I find funniest is that kenny thinks Henderson and Adam are ahead of him in the pecking order. Fucking idiot.
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
quote:

So you are going to completely ignore schmeichel, vidic and evra?
schmeical is so long ago i wouldnt know where he came from to be fair

vidic and evra i guess werent hugely well known but were internationals at least etc
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member

actually, tbf, as much stick as ive given to wenegr and gazidis etc, they probs deserve some credit for actually getting people in so quick - we are usually so god awfuls low at makign signings this at lkeats an improvement on the usual
strick206

31st Aug 11 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J

Everton fans not happy.

That's not what my everton supporting mates think, they think they have got a cracking price for him giving his last two years, age and injuries
strick206

31st Aug 11 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member

Schmeichel came from some small club for peanuts
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member

Persie_Official Robin van Persie
Welcome Yossi Benayoun and Mikel Arteta!
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Welcome Per Mertesacker and Andre Santos!

Welcome to Chu Young Park!

Bless him
strick206

31st Aug 11 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member

Owen Hargreaves is a cunt tbh, cost united a fortune over his contract and then rubs our noses in it signing for a team he won't get a game for even if fit

<<  212    213    214    215    216    217    218  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.2550068 seconds