corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  211    212    213    214    215    216    217  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
Nath

User status: Offline
31st Aug 11 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member

I actually give up when it comes to reasoning with somebody who has such tinted spectacles.
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
realist tbh, not in some dreamworld where yossi benayoun and chu-young park are going to turn around our fortunes or where per mertesacker and mikel arteta are going to frighten the top teams around Europe

The thing is... It's the other way around Robbo. You're the deluded one You're not up there anymore
wanting us to not go backwards is not being deluded dude. knowing we have plenty of money in the bank and the stadium debt down to very low acceptable levels means we should still be where we've been for hyears and it should only be wages holding us back, this clearly is not the case though and we need to know why

Naturally you don't want to go backwards, but as Hammer said, no matter what... You were losing your two best players. Obviously Wenger is a twat for not gettnig relpacements earlier, but Arteta is as good as you'll get this late into the window.
exactly the point, should have done somethign earlier. stirker is same, nothing happened there to stop him brionging in the top top class triker we need to support rvp 2 weeks into the window etc.
Ben J

31st Aug 11 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member

James Beattie has had his contract cancelled at Rangers lol.
Hammer

31st Aug 11 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Santos - no-one (aside form ben ) apart form you has ever heard much about bim but fingers crossed at 28 he comes good.

Please tell me you're taking the piss

Santos keeps Marcelo out the Brazilian team. He also has more caps than Bastos who is the same age.
Rick Draper

31st Aug 11 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member

Spuds fans are not happy!
Ben J

I'd heard of Santos and I know fuck all about foreign football.
Robbo

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Santos - no-one (aside form ben ) apart form you has ever heard much about bim but fingers crossed at 28 he comes good.

Please tell me you're taking the piss

Santos keeps Marcelo out the Brazilian team. He also has more caps than Bastos who is the same age.
oh i must have missed him at the world cup last year...
Hammer

31st Aug 11 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member

Dunga favoured a Spurs reject at left back, there is no such foolery now he's left
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
oh the very very well know youngster he paid £12m for? how is that an unkown! perhaps marc means buying 'a' player and making them world class, rather than signign an unknown and makign them worlkd class (2 very diff thigns!)

Henry cost £11m?! You made a £5m profit And how was he not unknown? To whom was he known? Seriously, you dodged my earlier question about how you know the Werder fans were unhappy with Mertesacker but I want to know how he was not an unknown teenager who only signed for United after the players told Fergie he would be stupid not to after a friendly?!
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I actually give up when it comes to reasoning with somebody who has such tinted spectacles.
Nath, its not being rose tinted at all. Marc said fergie signs UNKNOWN players and makes them world class. i made a throw away comment to say no he doesnt (please do name an UNKNOWN he made world class, obv except for the butt/becks generation etc) but wenger had done plenty of times with the likes of ashley cole, vieira, ljungberg, anelka etc. not arguing that fergie makes players world class but my throw away comment wa sinr esponse to UNKNOW players, not players
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
like jadson?
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:

I don't even think it's that anymore. oRbbo used to talk some sense. But seriously, he DOES post more shit than Steve now. And has an army of fans from different teams and countries to call upon when he doesn't like the look of a player
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
oh the very very well know youngster he paid £12m for? how is that an unkown! perhaps marc means buying 'a' player and making them world class, rather than signign an unknown and makign them worlkd class (2 very diff thigns!)

Henry cost £11m?! You made a £5m profit And how was he not unknown? To whom was he known? Seriously, you dodged my earlier question about how you know the Werder fans were unhappy with Mertesacker but I want to know how he was not an unknown teenager who only signed for United after the players told Fergie he would be stupid not to after a friendly?!
ronaldo was very well known as a talented youngster otherwise hed have opaid £1.25m not £12.25m , also was CL not a friendly iirc

on the werder point, it was through the very well repsected young guns blog, which was posting soem stuff on twittter yesterday wrt stats and bremen fans reaction
Tommy L

quote:
James Beattie has had his contract cancelled at Rangers lol.
He'll be on his way to NUFC then. Another Kuqi like Feb last year
Ben J

quote:
quote:
like jadson?

Never heard Jadson him in my life. I was taking the piss when I said he was amazing.
tom130691
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

i want to know the meireles fee !!!
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

I don't even think it's that anymore. oRbbo used to talk some sense. But seriously, he DOES post more shit than Steve now. And has an army of fans from different teams and countries to call upon when he doesn't like the look of a player
so name all these unknown players then jesus, one throw away commet and you get hurled to the dogs
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Nath, its not being rose tinted at all. Marc said fergie signs UNKNOWN players and makes them world class. i made a throw away comment to say no he doesnt (please do name an UNKNOWN he made world class, obv except for the butt/becks generation etc) but wenger had done plenty of times with the likes of ashley cole, vieira, ljungberg, anelka etc. not arguing that fergie makes players world class but my throw away comment wa sinr esponse to UNKNOW players, not players

An unknown player is still a player?! I wouldn't call Ljungberg world class. Good player, aye. But he fizzled out within a couple of seasons? Also, Paddy Vieira signed from AC MILAN
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member

ac milan reserves, for barely anything. fabregas another. as i said numerous times, a throw awya comment about unknow players.not for a seocnd suggetsing fergie doesnt make players stars
Ben J

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691

£11m I think?
Robbo

quote:
quote:
quote:
like jadson?

Never heard Jadson him in my life. I was taking the piss when I said he was amazing.
fair enough...
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
£12m accoridng to SSN!
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

ronaldo was very well known as a talented youngster otherwise hed have opaid £1.25m not £12.25m , also was CL not a friendly iirc

on the werder point, it was through the very well repsected young guns blog, which was posting soem stuff on twittter yesterday wrt stats and bremen fans reaction

I wouldn't say he was well known Also, if Henry wasn't well known why was he near enough the same price, more than half a decade before it? Inflation and all that? Unknown... Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, David Beckham, Ole Gunner Solskjar, Schmeichel...?
tom130691
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

12m is fuck all
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

also, why henry btw? i never said anythign about him as he was very well known before we signed him and he became world class

<<  211    212    213    214    215    216    217  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0647449 seconds