corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  210    211    212    213    214    215    216  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
Nath

User status: Offline
31st Aug 11 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I can see where Robbo is coming from. I know I wouldn't be that happy if any of those players were signing for United.

But I guess with the way things are at Arsenal at the moment they are a short term answer.

Michael Owen? Andy Goram? Djemba Djemba? Kleberson?

Ferguson takes plenty of punts on players.

Owen wasnt a replacement for RVN and Gorman wasnt for VDS etc... Nasri and Cesc left and he signed Yossi and Arteta!

Wenger has kneejerked. Not terrible signings, but not amazing either.
Hammer

31st Aug 11 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I can see where Robbo is coming from. I know I wouldn't be that happy if any of those players were signing for United.

But I guess with the way things are at Arsenal at the moment they are a short term answer.

And has plenty of other good players to come in to the team if they turn out to be shit. Arsenal dont.

[Edited on 31-08-2011 by mwg]

i.e. Macheda, Cleverley, Wellbeck i.e. young talent looking to bridge the gap......same as Arsenal
Hammer

31st Aug 11 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Owen wasnt a replacement for RVN and Gorman wasnt for VDS etc... Nasri and Cesc left and he signed Yossi and Arteta!

He has knee jerked to a degree absolutely no doubt and he is a stubborn bastard for not signing at the start of the window.

But the fact still remains, Cesc and Nasri were leaving Arsenal this window by hook or by crook.
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Can't comment on the other too, but I think Arteta will do well for you.

Fergie can sign unknowns and make them world class, you never know the same could happen to your signings.
no wenger did that, when has fergie ever done it
Nath

31st Aug 11 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

He has knee jerked to a degree absolutely no doubt and he is a stubborn bastard for not signing at the start of the window.

But the fact still remains, Cesc and Nasri were leaving Arsenal this window by hook or by crook.

Probably shouldnt have waited til 22:59 to do the deals though
Nath

31st Aug 11 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:

Fergie can sign unknowns and make them world class, you never know the same could happen to your signings.

r u 4 real?
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
If you take a step back Arsenal have done good business.

Clichy went backwards, Nasri was available for free in January and Cesc has wanted to go back to Barca since the day it became apparent he was a world class midfielder.

Mertesacker is a rock, Santos is quality and Benayoun and Arteta proven Premiership talent that can unlock defences.

The gook is for shirt sales

[Edited on 31-08-2011 by Hammer]
first line is probly fair but if you went back to the end of last seaosn and say this is where we'd be today, no arsenal fan would be happy and most would be fuming

the 3 sales you cna udnerstand as you say but they should have been replaced with quality signings that signal our intent, make s abig diff when you come against teams IMO. Mertescacker hopefully will work out well for us, Santos - no-one (aside form ben ) apart form you has ever heard much about bim but fingers crossed at 28 he comes good, benayou will have to make do a squad player then and arteta is good but same comment about intent.
mwg

31st Aug 11 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

And has plenty of other good players to come in to the team if they turn out to be shit. Arsenal dont.

[Edited on 31-08-2011 by mwg]

i.e. Macheda, Cleverley, Wellbeck i.e. young talent looking to bridge the gap......same as Arsenal

You've lost me now TBH. Dont really understand what Owen, Goram etc. had to do with what I originally wrote either.
Marc

31st Aug 11 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:

Are you taking the piss?
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Look at it this way.

We lost Nasri & Cesc.
We had a shit defence
Loads of talented but unproven youngsters
No experience in the side
No leaders
A manager who looked like he wasn't going to spend.

We've spent on proven experience in Benayoun, Mertesacker and Arteta, replaced Bender with Park and filled our LB void with a Brazilian international.

Good work imo.
re-read your points and see how totally unacceptable it is to be in this situation wher ehe has, perhaps, been forced to do what he;s doen and signed these players! hence why we now need to seriously look at the board, hill-wood, gazidis and most of all, kroenke
jr

31st Aug 11 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member

Good day for us IMO, shames stanislas going though
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you taking the piss?
turned an unknown into a worlkd class player? to me, thats a vieira or an anelka. other than the butt/scholes generation, when has fergie bought an unknown and made them workld class?
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
realist tbh, not in some dreamworld where yossi benayoun and chu-young park are going to turn around our fortunes or where per mertesacker and mikel arteta are going to frighten the top teams around Europe

The thing is... It's the other way around Robbo. You're the deluded one You're not up there anymore
Tommy L

31st Aug 11 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Stoke have signed Cameron Jerome perfect tony pullis player,

big, and shit
Was Dowie saying Stoke will have the best strike force outside the top 4? I was half asleep when he said that.
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

You leave the Goalie out of this
Nath

31st Aug 11 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member

2344: DONE DEAL
Luton have announced their second signing of the night, Hereford striker Stuart Fleetwood arriving for an undisclosed fee.

Yay
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
realist tbh, not in some dreamworld where yossi benayoun and chu-young park are going to turn around our fortunes or where per mertesacker and mikel arteta are going to frighten the top teams around Europe

The thing is... It's the other way around Robbo. You're the deluded one You're not up there anymore
wanting us to not go backwards is not being deluded dude. knowing we have plenty of money in the bank and the stadium debt down to very low acceptable levels means we should still be where we've been for hyears and it should only be wages holding us back, this clearly is not the case though and we need to know why
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you taking the piss?
turned an unknown into a worlkd class player? to me, thats a vieira or an anelka. other than the butt/scholes generation, when has fergie bought an unknown and made them workld class?

The most expensive player in history?!
Nath

31st Aug 11 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you taking the piss?

na mate, obviously not a patch on Anelka.
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

wanting us to not go backwards is not being deluded dude. knowing we have plenty of money in the bank and the stadium debt down to very low acceptable levels means we should still be where we've been for hyears and it should only be wages holding us back, this clearly is not the case though and we need to know why

Naturally you don't want to go backwards, but as Hammer said, no matter what... You were losing your two best players. Obviously Wenger is a twat for not gettnig relpacements earlier, but Arteta is as good as you'll get this late into the window.
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member

oh the very very well know youngster he paid £12m for? how is that an unkown! perhaps marc means buying 'a' player and making them world class, rather than signign an unknown and makign them worlkd class (2 very diff thigns!)
mwg

31st Aug 11 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member

I was going to stick up for oRbbo but not any more
Robbo

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you taking the piss?

na mate, obviously not a patch on Anelka.

quote:
oh the very very well know youngster he paid £12m for? how is that an unkown! perhaps marc means buying 'a' player and making them world class, rather than signign an unknown and makign them worlkd class (2 very diff thigns!)
Tommy L

Who is out there (available) that you would of liked to sign, robbo?

Put it this way, you don't do all your xmas shopping on xmas eve, Shelves are half empty if you do that

[Edited on 31-08-2011 by Tommy L]
Robbo

31st Aug 11 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I was going to stick up for oRbbo but not any more
as i say, ronaldo was not an unknown. vieira, anelkja, ljungberg etc were all unknowns. ronaldo was not an unknow, rvn was not an unknown. they certainyl werent world class when they sifned for utd but thats not what amrc said

<<  210    211    212    213    214    215    216  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0960770 seconds