corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » loss of throttle response

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author loss of throttle response
john1990

User status: Offline
7th May 11 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i started lossing power while driving normally ( power would fulxuate on and off) then when i slwed down for round about hills ect the car would have no throttle respons once changed down the gears had to stop and try strating again. i have unplugged the egr valve which cleared it for about an hour or so but it is still doing it ( not as bad at all but is still lossing power on occasions) so would that still be the egr valve or would it be something else.
thanks
Piér

7th May 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you leave the EGR un-plugged the ECU will still think there is a problem so you need to clean the EGR out or get a new one and either blank it off and leave it plugged in and put it somewhere in the engine bay or put it back on.
Is the EML on? If so have you flashed the codes?
jamietaylor1992

7th May 11 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try your afm. this was happening to mine and it sorted it out by buying a new 1, get the bosch one though as there better quality
Piér

7th May 11 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the engine, if its a sport it has a MAP sensor not a AFM!
john1990

7th May 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi its only 1.0.
my afm is a little dodge but know about that sometimes struggles to st5ay running till reves up for a little while.
also the eml did come on but only mometerally before normally stalling( on constantly now as egr valve unplugged)
thanks for all help and advice so far been a great help.
thinking on just getting new egr and prob just keep it in. would blanking off not possible make it fail emmissions test? thanks
john1990

7th May 11 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi its only 1.0.
my afm is a little dodge but know about that sometimes struggles to st5ay running till reves up for a little while.
also the eml did come on but only mometerally before normally stalling( on constantly now as egr valve unplugged)
thanks for all help and advice so far been a great help.
thinking on just getting new egr and prob just keep it in. would blanking off not possible make it fail emmissions test? thanks
Piér

8th May 11 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blanking the EGR on the x14 and x16xes doesnt make it fail emissions however if your AFM is dodgy then replace that as well! 1.0L's are well know for eating AFM's for breakfast!
If you know someone with a working 1.0 AFM swap and see if that makes it better, then you know your problem
john1990

8th May 11 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i think i should do that i did get another afm but however it was second hand and my luck was out as it was worse than the orgional lol. but yeah iam deffinetely going to replace the egr and once get the money do the afm 2 and then hopefully be all working again and can get back to some modifying

New Poll