corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa 808 read this mate!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa 808 read this mate!
pavorotti

User status: Offline
20th Nov 05 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa/Tigra 1.6i 16v pre 96 28 nasp 5 bhp Superchips, the world leaders in engine management chip tuning, have now become the first tuners to offer reprogramming without replacing the chip!!! Their new Serial Reprogramming System means that the memory inside the car's ECU can be re-programmed via the diagnostic port on the vehicle which the manufacturers supply for their service agents to Plug their diagnostic computers into. Naturally the thought of overwriting the original programme may alarm you, but there is nothing to worry about. The unique Customer Key retains information to allow the old programme to be restored permanently or just temporally, while servicing or diagnostic work is carried out). The Customer Key also provides us with the information. We need to upgrade the programme at any time in the future. As with all Superchips products, the key and the conversion carry a 12-month guarantee. We have been a superchips Modem dealer for the last 10 years, all our staff are extremely experienced in the enhancement of your car, we have all the latest technology to enable us to chip the newest of models ,

mine is not a superchip its dbilas inlet manifold map to suit my car and is the same process has this!

sorry to try and tell u ur wrong mate has u fitted my dbillas inlet and did a fantastic job but i think your wrong on this one mate!

my car is way better now before it was done i was waiting aroung to 5k revs for the power but now it start from much lower and powers through the 5k to the 7k mark much faster i mean iv raced other corsa and by the time iv hit 7k revs in second gear there atleast 2 or 300 yds behind

i would reccomend this mapping to any one on here!

he did this mapping through the diagnostic port!

[Edited on 20-11-2005 by pavorotti]
Mistamist

20th Nov 05 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u?
pavorotti

20th Nov 05 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea soz forgot!

well every ones been reading the posts so lets let them see the out come!

no body seems to know about this mapping so now they now!

so no u2u!

[Edited on 20-11-2005 by pavorotti]
miles

20th Nov 05 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pavorotti
my car is way better now before it was done i was waiting aroung to 5k revs for the power but now it start from much lower and powers through the 5k to the 7k mark much faster i mean iv raced other corsa and by the time iv hit 7k revs in second gear there atleast 2 or 300 yds behind

What a load of bollocks. Even if the other corsa stayed still, your car must be pretty slow to only be doing around 60mph at the 300 yard mark.

Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

20th Nov 05 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just thought i might point out to you that on your corsa 1.6 16v, there are only two wires actually connecting the diagnostic port to the ecu. one is an earth and the other is the brown/ yellow wire that when it is connected to earth it will flash fault codes. you cant connect this to ANY device that will allow you to re-program the ECU.

HOW DO I KNOW THIS?

because i wired up your engine management loom and diagnostic port. there is nothing connected to the ecu other than this one wire.

i genuinely believe you have been had mate
miles

20th Nov 05 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao
Mistamist

20th Nov 05 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 21-11-2005 by Ian]
pavorotti

20th Nov 05 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe we should meet up some time and i will show u my rev limits raised an car is much faster trust me im not imaging it!
James R

20th Nov 05 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chipped Uk yeah??

Spoke to the guy about this, and he maps through the diag port, which is possible.
but he uses the narrow lambda sensor to map with, so really it's still pretty blind in terms of mapping.

butif your happy then that's what counts
Dave A

20th Nov 05 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by j1400
Chipped Uk yeah??

Spoke to the guy about this, and he maps through the diag port, which is possible.
but he uses the narrow lambda sensor to map with, so really it's still pretty blind in terms of mapping.

butif your happy then that's what counts

but how the fook can you map it through the diag port if its not connected
pavorotti

21st Nov 05 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa 808your wrong mate never thought id say that to you your always right maybe its your age mate?

[Edited on 21-11-2005 by pavorotti]
Cybermonkey

21st Nov 05 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus christ how many more times can you use the word "mate" in a sentence?

"mine is not a superchip its dbilas inlet manifold map to suit my car and is the same process has this!"

so you are using the STANDARD ECU, that has been remapped using some dodgy blind guesswork
James R

21st Nov 05 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One can only one wire not do it all??
Dave A

21st Nov 05 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by j1400
One can only one wire not do it all??

what?
Cybermonkey

21st Nov 05 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come again
Dave A

21st Nov 05 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
corsa 808your wrong mate never thought id say that to you your always right maybe its your age mate?

wtf?

have you wired up your diagnostic port since i did your car for you?
if not how did this joker manage to 'map' your car by plugging something into it?

im not trying to have an argument mate, just telling you to go and get your £150 back because he is taking you for a ride. im a qualified auto electrician and i know these wiring systems inside out!

who are you going to beleive? me or some bloke that told you hes mapped your car in 5 mins, and also told you that a corsa has no 'driving map' and his chips will reduce 'lag' and that corsas take 10 miles before the car reads the sensors
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what you posted on another thread:

well yea but i dont imagine things like u know and my car is idleing much better now no lag and improved acceleration now this mapping was something i didnt know about and wat he did say was that the car has no driving map and needs to be driven for a while about ten miles untill it reads all sensors??

[Edited on 21-11-2005 by corsa808]

[Edited on 21-11-2005 by corsa808]
Siberia

21st Nov 05 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hang on... reduce lag? wtf?
Cybermonkey

21st Nov 05 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pavorotten you are a complete fucking idiot
Dave A

21st Nov 05 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
pavorotten you are a complete fucking idiot

thats a bit harsh isnt it?

hes a genuinely nice guy. i fitted his wiring loom and dbilas inlet.

pav, u2u me the phone number for the place that did the 'mapping' i would love to fone him and quiz him about his dodgy operation.

btw, do a search on migweb about chipped uk. they got a right slating on there
Cybermonkey

21st Nov 05 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vrooooom tsssssh what the hell is lag on an N/A engine
miles

21st Nov 05 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lag = time before response from throttle, normally associated with turbo's, but I can see how it can used to describe increase in throttle response.
pavorotti

21st Nov 05 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lag u know when u put your foot down and it decides to start going half hour later say from idle, well my rev limit is raised im keeping up with 106 gtis murdering saxos and killing the other corsa which was just has quick has mine 2 weeks ago
even my pals 172 cup has seen a big difference and hes saying its made a big difference two, i would reccomend this mapping to any one has its made my car a lot better all round,

corsa808 i know u know your stuff but i even told the guy that if it dont make any difference i would ask for my money back
also after dbillas fitting the air intake sensor was coming on everytime it had a thrashing now it does not come on also before revs stopped at 6 and half at the white line now it goes over about 1 cm raised 250 rpm i will get it rolling roaded and if everythings wat i think it is it should be running at 130 brake atleast!

and yes corsa 808 cybermonkey can be a be a bit harsh but thats all he is good for so let him carry on i mean what idiot has david hassleoff has there avatar next thing he his gonna be calling his car kit and running around on blackpool beach full of spots rubbing baby lotion on his chest in snow FUCKING CHIPMONK!!!

STREET HAWK ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

MarkW

21st Nov 05 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
lag u know when u put your foot down and it decides to start going half hour later say from idle, well my rev limit is raised im keeping up with 106 gtis murdering saxos and killing the other corsa which was just has quick has mine 2 weeks ago
even my pals 172 cup has seen a big difference and hes saying its made a big difference two, i would reccomend this mapping to any one has its made my car a lot better all round,

corsa808 i know u know your stuff but i even told the guy that if it dont make any difference i would ask for my money back
also after dbillas fitting the air intake sensor was coming on everytime it had a thrashing now it does not come on also before revs stopped at 6 and half at the white line now it goes over about 1 cm raised 250 rpm i will get it rolling roaded and if everythings wat i think it is it should be running at 130 brake atleast!

and yes corsa 808 cybermonkey can be a be a bit harsh but thats all he is good for so let him carry on i mean what idiot has david hassleoff has there avatar next thing he his gonna be calling his car kit and running around on blackpool beach full of spots rubbing baby lotion on his chest in snow FUCKING CHIPMONK!!!

STREET HAWK ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

you are a cock

you haven't listened to advice of two people who know exactly what they are doing.

Does your car drink a shed load more fuel btw? be surprised if it dont
pavorotti

21st Nov 05 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chip has done nothing to my car!!!

thats ended it all infact im not gonna bother talking on here any more has people think im lying all the time!!

markw yes im a cock probably your moms!
schoey

21st Nov 05 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice touch! Just put a v6 in it!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll