corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » mortgage with no deposit . anyone who works in a bank

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mortgage with no deposit . anyone who works in a bank
baza31

User status: Offline
10th Mar 11 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, i have seen another house i want , i want a buy to let and i need £100k, i dont want to put down much as i am on with another project at the moment. Do you think the bank would give me 100k and i rest this mortgage on another house i own outright with no mortgage? or do you reckon they will tell me to jog on? i can easily afford payments for the mortgage and they can see this as i bank with them.
Kerry

10th Mar 11 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remortgage the house you own outright for the funds?
as long as it doesnt go over the max ltv (loan to value) that the lender has i.e 80% of property value
Russ

10th Mar 11 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

English?

You own a house but the mortgage is paid? You want 100k to buy a house that is for sale for 100k? and you plant to rent it out?

That correct.

Answer - no. you need to put a 15% deposit (at least) on a buy to let property. if you would need to either a) remortgage your property that is mortgage free for 15k, then borrow the other 85k.

Or remortgage your property for 100k, and buy your BTL property outright
baza31

10th Mar 11 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see. so could i take out the deposit from the house i own , i.e 20grand deposit and lend 80 from the bank?
baza31

10th Mar 11 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
remortgage the house you own outright for the funds?
as long as it doesnt go over the max ltv (loan to value) that the lender has i.e 80% of property value

the house i own i would say is worth 90ish , the house i want to buy is about 110 depending on the agreement.
Russ

10th Mar 11 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd need to remortgage your property for a large enough amount to use as a deposit that matches your lenders deposit% on BTL properties

[Edited on 10-03-2011 by Russ]
John

10th Mar 11 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'll also require you to meet affordability for the mortgage, I don't think they'll take buying imaginary cars as legitimate income.
Russ

10th Mar 11 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
They'll also require you to meet affordability for the mortgage, I don't think they'll take buying imaginary cars as legitimate income.
what about searching families lofts for cash?
John

10th Mar 11 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That might do, quite lucrative.
Toby
Premium Member

11th Mar 11 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

Not on a BTL mortgage its based upon the value of the property and the potential rental income. You do however need a massive desposit, i would say at least 20% and the arrangement fees are massive
baza31

11th Mar 11 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To answer been to bank , quite simple . I need 25% so 25 grand deposit. I get a mortgage of 25k on my house I own , and a new one of 75k . Jobs a good en and bank will back me so just need to get offer accepted now.
Toby
Premium Member

11th Mar 11 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you would get a better deal on getting a 100K mortgage on a rental property than try and get 25k on your and 75k BTL espically since the fees are astronomical, arrangment fee on that money will be about 2.5-3k

New Poll