corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » HomeBuy Direct scheme

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HomeBuy Direct scheme
chloe16v

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 10 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how does this homebuy scheme work? it says its an equity loan, does that mean the money from the equity loan will be used as your deposit on the house you are wanting to buy? can someone please give me any info on it please
Ste
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 00:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clicky

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You pay a deposit, then get a mortgage, and then the home builder and goverment loan you the remainder for a fixed period say 5 -10yrs.

Deposit - 5%
Mortgage - 75%
Home Buy - 20%

After the 5 - 10 yrs you then require to mortgage the extra 20% of the home or sell it on etc.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Paul_JC

25th Feb 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two guys at my work deal with the homebuy direct everyday, would recomend ringing them to talk about it if you dont live to far away from northamptonshire.
Paul_JC

25th Feb 10 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and its deposit of around 4%
Mortgage is 70%
Homeybuy works out as:
Government - 15%
Builder - 15%

you have to put in a small deposit to show willing etc.
AlunJ

25th Feb 10 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

homebuy isn't available where I am, but bovis did a scheme pretty much the same, I put 5% deposit down, mortgage for 75% and the remainder is retained by the builder. After 5 years, I have the option of buying the builders share through remortgaging - if I haven't done so after 10years I have to sell it.
AndyKent

26th Feb 10 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like as much of a rip off as any other scheme.

If they really wanted to make houses 'affordable' they'd drop the prices. Instead they sell you it at the same price only over a longer period of time.
AlunJ

26th Feb 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye it's not brilliant, got me on the ladder though and I intend to sell after 5 years tbh
Cavey

1st Mar 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've just got a house on the homebuy scheme, I agree with Andy really, but it was the only way we could get the house we wanted at the moment.

We got a £123k mortgage, £10k deposit, and the house value is £190k.

After 5 yrs we have to start paying back the 30% (£57k) at 1.75%, so might cost a bit when that happens, but for the first 5 yeasrs we're ok!

We plan on re-mortgaging at the end of the 5 years and buying the remaining 30% of the house so that our moneys going to one place.

iirc, depending on where you are you may or may not have to put a deposit down, not all of them need it.
Conway563

1st Mar 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're currently looking in to this after looking at a couple of places last week, I'm expecting a phone call to discuss it this week

One thing I wasn't aware of before though is the scheme ends in September so you need to crack on with it
Cavey

1st Mar 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally i think it is a pretty good deal.

The only worry is that after the 5 years the percentage on the loan amount could and probably will alter, hence the reason we are hoping to take the full amount for the house.

New Poll