corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » O.I.R.O.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author O.I.R.O.
Cavey

User status: Offline
9th Jul 09 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Offers in the region of? What kind of range are these generally?

OIRO of £144,950 on a house i'm looking at, how much difference would they be expecting?
J da Silva

9th Jul 09 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£5k either way?
eddiewhiteley

9th Jul 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
£5k either way?

either way!?!

id offer around £137k and take it from there.
Cosmo

9th Jul 09 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do a bit of research, how long has it been on the market? How many similar properties are in the area?

If its been on a while, or plenty of other opportunities around then put in a low ball offer, if not then dont go too far from the price.
J da Silva

9th Jul 09 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eddiewhiteley
quote:
£5k either way?

either way!?!

id offer around £137k and take it from there.

Was a bit of a daft question, hence the sarcasm.

You have to be cheeky Cavey or you don't get, you never know, they may take it in desperation?
Cavey

9th Jul 09 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the advice guys. I'll try and pop in this week and see what I can find out about it.

Depends if the current thing falls through again, which it looks like it might, want to have some other options to look at just in case
J da Silva

9th Jul 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you first time buying? Is the property in a vendor chain?

Good idea, always have a backup plan, because the housing market is so fragile at the minute, alot of people aren't 100% sure of what they want generally.
Cavey

9th Jul 09 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, first time buyers,

We're looking at a 70-30 Homebuy direct scheme at the moment, we were about to apply for one, when Bryant decided to remove the offer, so looking at Miller homes on the same estate, can afford it, just trying to get the mortgage sorted again as we have to use their mortgage brokers to sort out the deal.

That'd be 133 at 70%, full price at 190k, so looking at other houses at 135 tops tbh, hence asking what kind of offer they'd likely consider on the 145k one.

as far as i can remember there was no upward chain on the 145 one, will post the link in a sec
Cavey

9th Jul 09 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.scargillmann.co.uk/propdet.asp?spropref=SDP04317&tab=photos&pagecount=2#price

nevermind, doesn't say anything about chains on there, been looking at so many different places they all merge into one

[Edited on 09-07-2009 by Cavey]
J da Silva

9th Jul 09 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if you offer 10 grand less, the worst they can say is no, so just offer that and see how it goes... failing that, is there a deposit to be put down?
Cavey

9th Jul 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, we've got 10-14k deposit available, but don't want to go too much about 120k on mortgage (repayments at 4.5% would be £560ish dont really wanna go much higher), so was including that in the 135ish.

It's all for the next week or so at the moment anyway, just seeing what happens with regards to the other property. Such a pain in the arse having to rely on people going backward and forward all the time. People are crap.
J da Silva

9th Jul 09 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck with it anyway, the positive thing you added (IMO) is that your dealing with a newbuild company, all newbuil companies just want rid of everything they have out of footings at the moment, because all their targetted figures are running month to month at the moment.
Cavey

9th Jul 09 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, the house we're looking at is a 3 storey, 3 bed townhouse thing, in a nice area, near primary schools, woodland, etc... it's on for 207,950, but the nice lady in the sales office thinks we'd probably have a chance at 190, so fingers crossed on that really. Just depends if the wanker of a financial advisor they deal with ever sorts anything out for me or not.
J da Silva

9th Jul 09 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it's no consolidation, but I'd imagine he/she's had a pay cut, and given more hours.
Cavey

9th Jul 09 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He did sound stressed the first time he patronised me and tried to slag off the other bloke I was dealing with before.

And today he was 2 hours late to call me back, when he did he said he'd be 10 mins, was another hour and a half, asked a few questions, said he'd see what he could do, and hasn't phoned back since. Wasted my day off waiting in for him to call me. If I didn't HAVE to use them, I definately wouldn't.

So I hope he has had a pay cut. Apparently they used to deal with a guy, who retired and this is his replacement, i had a bitch to the sales office woman about him
J da Silva

9th Jul 09 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I'm quite cheeky and forceful when I deal with people like this, they need the sale so as far as I'm concerned if they make the wrong noises, I walk away with no worry, If I don't please them in anyway, they can't just walk off without losing a sale.

I bought my last house (to rent out) under my terms, I just said to the agent "I want this pad, but I won't pay anymore than £X for it". His reply was "I don't think we can do that for you" so I just walked off laughing, 5 seconds later he shouts me back "Let's see what we can do" so I said "I've told you what you need to do, if not then I'm not bothering".

I may come across as rude or arrogant to these people but I couldn't give a Doyle about what they think, salesmen and women are sent on training courses to gain extra money from people, they'll never do that with me I tell you.
Cosmo

9th Jul 09 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the term is....its a buyers market.

And that it is at the moment.
J da Silva

9th Jul 09 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I nearly said that, I think I'm too detailed in everything I say these days.
Cosmo

9th Jul 09 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do go on a bit, I often think why dont you just stfu
J da Silva

9th Jul 09 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think your right, sister fucker.
Cosmo

9th Jul 09 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think your right, sister fucker.

not yet
VegasPhil
Premium Member

10th Jul 09 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Is it though?

OIRO means they want more

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Cosmo

10th Jul 09 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Is it though?

OIRO means they want more

No it doesnt, it means they'll accept an offer not too far off that price - be it above or below.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

10th Jul 09 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my experience it's above .

Just some crappy sales gimmick when someone is in denial about the sale of their home. Like when people put a price range of 125-135 and they won't accept less than 130 anyway. It's stupid.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » O.I.R.O. 25 database queries in 0.1002419 seconds