corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official MotoGP Thread 2011

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official MotoGP Thread 2011
jr

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have people every watched rossi race, he is on a shit bike with a half working shoulder

he made a clean pass but made a mistake which the ducatis are know for, and it happed to have his accident with stoner near him, hence taking them out

he didnt hit stoner, he had allready crashed when they colided

anyone would think he actully hit of the track like gibernau etc

to say that to a 9 times world champion considering the pass was clean is the biggest pisstake ive ever heard
jr

3rd Apr 11 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Ben - Rossi went into the Honda garage to apologise to Stoner and Stoner said; "Its alright, your ambition outweighed your talent"

Russ, I agree but in the exact moment, it was a move that didn't need to be made then and there; Rossi had the jump on him anyway carrying significantly more speed around the circuit, He should have left it; Stoner would have made a mistake then Rossi would have passed him and Simoncelli and held on for victory - IMO he took a chance which didn't need taking in unfavourable conditions - at that exact moment his ambition outweighed him/his bikes abilities. His concern, rightly or wrongly was to get past Stoner at any cost IMO. He was never coming out of that corner

[Edited on 03-04-2011 by LiVe LeE]

he lost the front ? it wasnt a do or dare pass, infact he had allready passed stoner when the front washed out
Kimi-01

3rd Apr 11 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

he lost the front ? it wasnt a do or dare pass, infact he had allready passed stoner when the front washed out

And why did he lose the front? Because he was far too hot into the corner.
emicen

3rd Apr 11 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kimi-01
quote:
Originally posted by jr

And why did he lose the front? Because he was far too hot into the corner.

No.

If he was "far too hot" in to the corner, Stoner wouldnt/shouldnt have tried continuing round the outside as he did. If he's incapable of making a call like that in real time he shouldnt be where he is. You see someone coming in too hot, you hold the brakes that extra half second, let them bin it and continue on your way. (thats not armchair racing theory, I did exactly that twice last year)

Very little difference in real terms to how Simocelli went down.

Someone wants to hand Stoner his dummy and a big hot mug of STFU.
jr

3rd Apr 11 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above tbh
Kimi-01

3rd Apr 11 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ducati.com/racing/motogp/news/hayden_on_podium_at_jerez__rossi_falls_but_remounts_to_take_fifth/2011/04/03/600/index.do

quote:
Valentino Rossi (Ducati MotoGP Team) 5th
“Today in the wet we had a great chance for me to make my first podium with Ducati, or even to get my first win. I felt good, both with the bike and my shoulder, because I could brake where I wanted to rather than where I’m forced to in the dry, since I still don’t have the necessary strength. The bike is very fast in the wet. I was advancing really well, and I’m sorry to have made that mistake and thrown away such an opportunity. While braking for the first corner, I entered a bit long, and although I tried to stay to the inside, I lost the front and couldn’t stay up. I’m sorry, because I also took out Stoner, and I certainly didn’t want to do that. I apologized to him, and I’m truly sorry; it was a mistake. It’s a shame because we really could have gotten some satisfaction, but we’ll keep trying. We’re still not so fast in the dry, but we’re working hard. Anyway today’s fifth place gave us eleven points that are very important in the championship.”
Kimi-01

3rd Apr 11 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can one guy make much more of an arse of himself in one weekend?
Russ

3rd Apr 11 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forever in his shadow
emicen

3rd Apr 11 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kimi-01
http://www.ducati.com/racing/motogp/news/hayden_on_podium_at_jerez__rossi_falls_but_remounts_to_take_fifth/2011/04/03/600/index.do

quote:
Valentino Rossi (Ducati MotoGP Team) 5th
“Today in the wet we had a great chance for me to make my first podium with Ducati, or even to get my first win. I felt good, both with the bike and my shoulder, because I could brake where I wanted to rather than where I’m forced to in the dry, since I still don’t have the necessary strength. The bike is very fast in the wet. I was advancing really well, and I’m sorry to have made that mistake and thrown away such an opportunity. While braking for the first corner, I entered a bit long, and although I tried to stay to the inside, I lost the front and couldn’t stay up. I’m sorry, because I also took out Stoner, and I certainly didn’t want to do that. I apologized to him, and I’m truly sorry; it was a mistake. It’s a shame because we really could have gotten some satisfaction, but we’ll keep trying. We’re still not so fast in the dry, but we’re working hard. Anyway today’s fifth place gave us eleven points that are very important in the championship.”

And?

He went long, that's nothing like the kamikaze nonsense Stoner is spraffing about.
Kimi-01

3rd Apr 11 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'He went long' 'He went in hot' exactly the same thing, yet you disagreed with me.

I didn't mention anything Stoner said or any Kamikaze move did I?
fir3vip3r

3rd Apr 11 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see the Rossi bandwagon is in here.

I dont think anybody can blame Stoner for being upset. The way the marshalls helped Rossi and left him in the lurch was laughable. But then the marshalls were utter shit for anyone who's not the worlds favourite.

I like Stoner, His comments made me laugh!
_Allan_

3rd Apr 11 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rossi's pass was perfectly fine. He lost the front end, maybe a little hot, maybe trailing the brake a fraction of a second longer than needed but nothing Stoner hasn't managed wet or dry with no-one else around, several times before. He crashed, Stoner hit him. That's racing.

I'd still be pissed off though
Ojc

4th Apr 11 at 06:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
I see the Rossi bandwagon is in here.

I dont think anybody can blame Stoner for being upset. The way the marshalls helped Rossi and left him in the lurch was laughable. But then the marshalls were utter shit for anyone who's not the worlds favourite.

I like Stoner, His comments made me laugh!

Word.

Rossi used to be my baby long before a lot of you knew about him but the way the world panders to him like he isn't the second coming of Jesus Christ has started to get on my nerves. The marshalls actions is another sign of people wanting to be in his anus.
Russ

4th Apr 11 at 06:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think some people post comments on here just for a reaction.
RichR
Premium Member

4th Apr 11 at 08:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't posting for a reaction but I guess that comment was aimed at someone else in here. I genuinely would have liked to have seen Rossi and Ducati do well in the race. I stand by my opinion that Rossi was too focussed on leading the race there and then ratehr than playing a slightly longer game for the win.

He was lapping significantly faster, it was an inevitable pass but you saw him come in too hot before he'd even cranked the bike over. He'd have been past within a lap or two anyway and then he'd have had no problems with Simoncelli.

I think the vision of leading the race clouded an otherwise faultless performance up to that point.
Ben J

4th Apr 11 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only just seen it now. Rossi was actually past Stoner before the bike went down.

I blame the bike tbh.

But Stoner's comments and actions are laughable. People may bum Rossi, but he's probs the greatest bike racer ever??

Stoner can come back when he's surpassed Rossi. I obv understand why he's annoyed tho, but thats racing.

[Edited on 04-04-2011 by Ben J]
Jamie Walby

4th Apr 11 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess Ducati will be hoping for a lot more wet races this season.
Russ

4th Apr 11 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am
Jamie Walby

4th Apr 11 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wetter the better.
Jamie Walby

4th Apr 11 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why am I a premium member?
Jamie Walby

5th Apr 11 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When Rossi apologised to Stoner in the Honda pit afterwards, television cameras caught the Australian asking Rossi about the health of his injured shoulder and suggesting his 'ambition outweighed his talent'. Rossi laughed off his rival's comments.

"I don't know, maybe he doesn't know exactly who I am!" Rossi said to Italia1 television. "But it's okay, it's fair enough, he's angry and I would be too. I've made a mistake and for me it was important to apologise. I'm not so interested in what he says."

jimmy 2.1

5th Apr 11 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stoner does himself no popularity favours with his comments and actions. If he wants to be popular then he probably needs to drop the typical Aussie no holds barred comments. I do like Stoner as a racer. I think he's at the same point as Rossi was in his career where he can get on any bike and be fast. He just doesn't have the consistency and finesse as Rossi does.

The crash was a racing incident. Maybe Rossi was in too fast, but Stoner gave him plenty of room to get by. If it was dry they would have run a little wide. But that Ducati has a notoriously fickle front end angry was proved by Stoner last year on it and Rossi in qualifying for this race.

Overall was a good race. Was a shame for Simoncelli to lob it up the road, but he's proving he's as fast as anyone out there now along with Spies. Shame he tipped off too. Crutchlow did ace aswell

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official MotoGP Thread 2011 23 database queries in 0.0397251 seconds