corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official MotoGP Thread 2011

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official MotoGP Thread 2011
Russ

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to be a great year, Rossi should be fit, Stoner finally has the bike he deserves, Lorenzo is no longer racing in anybody's shadow.

Really fancy Stoner or Dani for the title this year as the Honda bike looks slightly more mental than everything else, but obviously would like Rossi to win it.
Rick Draper

3rd Mar 11 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stoner for the title imho.

Would love to see Rossi do it but he seems to be struggling with his shoulder still and the Ducati also seems to not quite have the pace of the Honda.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

3rd Mar 11 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't wait for Rossi to get going on the Ducati,i'm sure he'll do well on the Ducati just as he did with the Yamaha when Honda was the best bike!

[Edited on 03-03-2011 by DansCorsaSXi]

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Jamie Walby

3rd Mar 11 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Casey Stoner was always there or there abouts on the Ducat and I think it's down to him and Lorenzo to battle it out! Not sure how I feel about Pedrosa!

Looking forward to seeing what spies can do on a factory Yamaha especially now he's had a full season and ridden all the tracks!

Rossi...... Really not sure what to make of the Ducati! I think he will make it work, but in needing to do that will lose ground to the Jap bikes over the first few races of the season! I see him winning a few races and consistent points, depending on what the others do, that could be enough to win him another title, was enough for Hayden in '06 where he won what 2/3 race all season?

Will be watching Crutchlow with interest! Imagine he will just he another rider that gets made to look average after coming from WSB!

Over all we've seen the biggest shake up in motoGP team line ups for a long time so should be a great competitive season!
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

3rd Mar 11 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree Jamie,will be awesome,can't wait

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Jamie Walby

17th Mar 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First free practice today.

Stoner already going a fair bit faster than anyone else. Rossi struggling break into the top 10 at the moment but I dont think we should read too much into until qualifying.
fir3vip3r

17th Mar 11 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rossi's biggest challenge to date.. Worse than when he signed for Yamaha?
_Allan_

17th Mar 11 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never seen that coming

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/sport/rugby-league/japan-motogp-postponed-$21385940.htm
Jamie Walby

17th Mar 11 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
Rossi's biggest challenge to date.. Worse than when he signed for Yamaha?

I don't think the Ducati is a worse bike than the M1 was when he joined Yamaha.

He was quicker than the Yamahas today in practice which although it doesn't really mean a great deal it's still pretty cool
Jamie Walby

19th Mar 11 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant first qualifying session of the season!

Stoner on pole and looking his usual dominant self around losail! Pedrosa gave it a good go but stoner is just too strong round this track!

Terol on pole in the 125s! He's looking good but it's impossible to predict 125s!

Marquez doin well in Moto2 aswell, commentators were saying that Repsol are putting a lot of money and weight behind Marquez and that he is pretty much garuanteed a motoGP ride in a couple of seasons! Bradl is on pole! Glad I didnt do a treble bet in pole sitters as this would have lost it for me

Also Bautista broke his femur in a crash in practice last night! Didn't think it was that bad at first cos the crazy Moro tried to get up when they showed the replays last night tho he did hit the ground with a big thump!! Suzuki now not racing today as only one bike and no rider available! John Hopkins is riding for them at Jerez though!

That's today's motoGP update! Over and out
fir3vip3r

19th Mar 11 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant wait for tommorow! I wonder if Stoner falls off again this year. Hondas are going to be tought to beat this year. Stoner's year if he can get consistency down.
Russ

20th Mar 11 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honda are desperate. If they don't win This year I'll be very very surprised
_Allan_

20th Mar 11 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BBC2 - 18:30 for anyone who's forgot
Ben J

20th Mar 11 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All over this.

jr

20th Mar 11 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trust a British company to come up with aGearbox to make that cunt stoner even faster

[Edited on 20-03-2011 by jr]
Jakey
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Starting shortly
Jamie Walby

21st Mar 11 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do none of you watch the 125s and Moto2 then?

125cc race was ok though with Terol 7 seconds ahead we didnt have any last corner shenanigans.... this time.

Didnt see the end of the Moto2 race as had to go to football will catch up with that tonight.

MotoGP race was pretty good. Stoner/Pedrosa then Pedrosa/Lorenzo little battles were good to watch though in the Stoner was just too good around that track, though I heard Pedrosa say he had arm pump afterwards!

Roll on Jerez in 2 weeks!
Russ

21st Mar 11 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honda are going to blitz championship this year. Dani hurt himself apparently. VR needs to get fit and get used to bike alot.

missed moto2, usually mayhem.
Jamie Walby

21st Mar 11 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he will win a race on that bike this year. If he doesnt it will be the first time he hasnt won a race in a season for..... god knows how many years? Since 1996?
Bissmire

21st Mar 11 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was quite impressed with Valentino tbh, I expected him to be around 10th place but 7th wasn't too bad, and gave Ben Spies a bit of hassle. Almost got 2nd off the start too!
Russ

21st Mar 11 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah overcooked it. Ducatti is mad off the lights it seems
Bissmire

21st Mar 11 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, shame it's nothing compared to the Hondas down the straight, they seemed SO much faster than anything else on the grid. My heart was in my throat for the first lap or two Shame about the Suzuki guys (I think it was, Caparossi etc?) going out like that must be so gutting.
Russ

21st Mar 11 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RdP and Capirossi are on Ducattis now
Bissmire

21st Mar 11 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yeah Ducatis, It's going to take a while to get used to everyones new colours/rides. Feel for them though, must have been gutting.
jr

21st Mar 11 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rossi said his shoulder was distroyed at around half way through

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official MotoGP Thread 2011 24 database queries in 0.2076690 seconds