corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » PROJECT (RUBY) flame red - crashed - gone :( new project started

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PROJECT (RUBY) flame red - crashed - gone :( new project started
sparcost3

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 11 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here is a picture of the back after i painted it, believe it or not i actually rollered it on with a foam roller specially for metals and the whole job cost me under 20 pounds... a cheaper and easier alternative to spraying and in my opinion comes out great and compleatley transforms the cars look.

next on the list is the rollcage being done silver using the same method. yellow was just temporary as its the collour i got it, but i want it to all be silver/red subtle theme :-)

paint used was hammerite for those who are interested i bought 2 tins (1L) each for 9 pounds each over half price at halfords as a special clearout offer! as i was there i grinded down the battery holder re painted it and fixed it into the boot! relocated battery!

also i managed to pick up a mint spare cesaro from a lad on here whilst i was at pvs, cheers mate, payed 25, has a few light scratches but no kurbing! came with a baloon tyre but ive had it swaped over now,

so if i did get a puncture on the front i no longer have to do major wheel swappage to clear my brakes lol !

along with this.... i realised the standard plastic fastner was to small to reach and grab hold of the cesaro... so i set about making my own with a block of aluminium... a lathe... and a milling machine...

here are the results!

now my cesaro is securley fastened down result!!! looks the part too

[Edited on 02-07-2011 by sparcost3]

sparcost3

2nd Jul 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

next modification on the list.... some GM/vauxhall mudflaps.. the cesaros looked silly sticking out over the standard mudflaps, kind of defeated the point tbh.. and these suit the rally style theme i am going for.. got the idea off a few cars at pvs so thought i might aswell give it ago... they are the thin flexible rubber verion of ebay and not the horrible cheap solid version. be awere of this if you fancy buying some yourself!

goods arived!

after i fitted them... took a while getting them level...

i am happy with how they turned out and think they really complemrnt my car would love to hear your guys views and thought on recent progress !

cheers,

steve

sparcost3

2nd Jul 11 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few more goodies arived today..... some more purple dust caps.. as some dick nicked 1.... pointless and sad... but always happens so stocked up..... lmao....

also a pipercross throtle body sock....

for my 1.4 8v i know lol!

anyway.. the story behind this is that i went to the french car show with a mate who i am helping build a mk1 saxo track car and saw this

kinda pointless i suppose but i think it looked cool and goes with my cars theme/style so got 1 bought... and heres the finished result.. some of you will love and some of you will hate i know, 1 of those marmite situation!! haha...

so here it is!

and how my car stands now ( 1st july 2011)

my main concern now is the gaps in my gsi bumper between the wings i can't seem to do anythin to make them stay were they should... even tigerseal wont do the job... ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APRICIATED as i know its a common problem :/

thank you all, watch this space !!
sparcost3

2nd Jul 11 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i got a bit bored so i decided to start tidying and preparing my engine bay as best i could for the mighty C20xe conversion soon to come!!

step 1, chop the hell out of the old battery mounting plate! to achive a big mess! the back spotwelds were imposible to get to and as i don't have a removing drill bit i decided i might aswell chew it to pieces lol......

step 2... fill in all the random imperfections and tidy up the areas i have been grinding using a sanding tool and body filler...

step 3..... crack out the good old trusty hammerite!!! yay..... was in 2 minds wether to paint the plastic arch.. in the end i decided to go for it! think it turned out ok tbf.. i mix in a tiny amount of thinners to the paint so it drys more like a sprayed finnish with no brush strokes vissable.

well happy with how it turned out... sorted the tiny bit of rust on my bonnet using the same method... now im anoyed because i ran out of grinding disks so the other side has been put on hold for now... still 1 step closer to redtop

now some advice needed...

should i grind off all the airbox mounts or leave them...

as im not sure if it will be needed to mount the induction kit on the xe like i have on the 8valver?

cheers,

steve
sparcost3

18th Jul 11 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still trying to source a good c20xe full engine package! u2u me if you can hep out!
John G

18th Jul 11 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like it, looks really well
sparcost3

19th Jul 11 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, I've just bought some silver paint for the cage so should look a lot smarter when I get round to it lol. Also not sure what to do about wing gaps by Gsi bumper?

sparcost3

22nd Jul 11 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st up i added a few left over pvs stickers to my cleaned up engine bay lol, and yes i do actually have spax rsx suspension so it isnt intirley pointless!

yestoday i recieved a rather large package .....

my cobra monaco s, mint condition on some random sliders... no idea what they are so i will be removing them and making up some mounts to fit to the standard sliders!!! anyone has any idea what there off that would be cool, otherwise i guess they can be in the weighing in pile as there heavy as fook! 6mm steel totally over the top lol...

sparcost3

22nd Jul 11 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took the pasenger seat out and removed the subframe off the seat....

drawn up plans for making and welding together a new custom bracket for mounting seats to standard frames and making mouts for harness to bolt to aswell.

sparcost3

27th Jul 11 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thinking of blanking sunroof.. hmm what are the options?
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great work! If you're looking to do the sunroof speak to djgritt on here, he's blanked it well on his white corsa

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
sparcost3

29th Jul 11 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Great work! If you're looking to do the sunroof speak to djgritt on here, he's blanked it well on his white corsa

ok, nice 1 mate, cheers!
sparcost3

29th Jul 11 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TODAY I HAVE A MASSIVE UPDATE

1st.....

top mounts repainted black - big improvement

2nd i have stripped out and cleaned up my rollcage, repainted it in smooth silver to match wheels and brace, will look a million times better imo!

third... HERES THE BIG 1 !! after 3 years of waiting

yes you guessed it!!!! my c20xe has arived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its had a rebuild 50k ago,

baffled sump,

f18 box

m tec engine mounts

ecu

loom

exhaust system + manifold

hubs, shafts, breaks

spacers,

very pleased with it!

now the plans are to clean it up paint it and fit it !

thankyou all, watch this space!

[Edited on 19-09-2011 by sparcost3]
sparcost3

29th Jul 11 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M Sutton

30th Jul 11 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a good project, engine is much needed to compliment the track car look! Keep up the good work
sparcost3

30th Jul 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate, yes definatley started stripping the engine today to tidy it up need a few bits before its ready to drop in
sparcost3

19th Sep 11 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alex_Rally

20th Sep 11 at 05:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like the look of this alot
Jed D

20th Sep 11 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nicccee seats!
tinted red rear clusters would suit this alot i think

how much was the engine?
daz m

20th Sep 11 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really nice build thread there was a good read
Kieran
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love this car! Looks so shiney and mean!
nibnob21
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not usually a fan of red Corsas but when done properly like this they can look amazing. Great work.

MX5 Project Thread
ktz28

20th Sep 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think german rear light are better than red tinted
sparcost3

21st Sep 11 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys, thanks for the feedback glad you think its coming along well, i have been verry busy in the last few months and have been working on the corsa at any second of spare time ive had! im curently uploading 40 new pictures of what ive been up to so there will be lots more to show in the coming days

as for rear lights, i quite like standard, but also thought of smoked mhw's or what ever there called, but personally i think german rears are way over priced and im not a fan of any chromy bits :/

cheers guys, keep watching for the new pics and step by step build thread
sparcost3

21st Sep 11 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok here we go, 40+ new pictures of progress with 40+ explanations enjoy

1. started stripping down and degreasing the engine ready to paint!!

2. degreased and repainted gearbox in smooth silver ( same as cage) 1st coat done but u get the idea looks finished from a distance

3. block painted - gloss black

4. here is my latest delivery, i have binned the sfi box in favour of adaptor plate and ecotec set up as i do not want to be chopping the bulkhead at any cost ( not for structure reasons, i just dont like the idea or messy look) even if it does loose a few bhp im willing to take the sacrafice of loosing the sfi as im sure 1.4 - 2.0 will be an extream improvement on power whatever!

5. another pic of the block painted up - also i did the inlet manifold gloss black but forgot to take a picture of painting it oops

6. back of the engine stripped for painting, replacing parts etc.

7. lambda sensor and ignition amp arived

8. painted the manifold using high tempriture engine and manifold paint of ebay, yet to be seen if it can actually withstand the heat as it said i was ment to bake it for 2 hours at 160 degrees which i had no way of doing as it wouldnt quite fit in mothers oven :/ lol ( i did try .... )

9. lamda sensor fitted -

10. quick picture of making my seat adjuster that fits to standard subframes( sort of) in the end i decided to chop the subframes down so the seats sat lower as the drivers 1 sat abit high due to vauxhalls awkward design of subframes... of corse 2 that matched would have been 2 easy!!.......

10. painting the frames and driveshafts gloss black (1st coat)

11. this is as far as i have got up to now with the engine as i am being messed around a bit colecting bits so for now i have added a polished cambelt cover and manifold heat shield - pics as it stands awaiting further parts or soursing other parts! i painted the alternator in smooth silver also.

thanks for looking and more progress pictures off the whole car and interior stripping and painting will be aded later / tomorow!

cheers,

steve

[Edited on 21-09-2011 by sparcost3]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » PROJECT (RUBY) flame red - crashed - gone :( new project started 24 database queries in 0.0179272 seconds