corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Redtop Corsa vs st

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Redtop Corsa vs st
AshWatson

User status: Offline
14th Dec 10 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 205tom
BOOOORRING

well said lol
corsa120

14th Dec 10 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless you disabled or looking to become a astranaut with the new models

[Edited on 14-12-2010 by corsa120]
gidged500
Premium Member

14th Dec 10 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ha ha this thread is amazing ! My mates got his st but won't race me yet he says he has to get used to it ! Ctr"s are awesome cars my mates has a itg filter on
It and cat back system toda I think and has done 990000 , my redtop Corsa has done 72000 has a decat and decat back system and standard manifold and a filter . From a standing start I can jump ahead and stay there up to about 110 when he starts to go past ever so slightly but I can brake later so I catch him up and beat him out of the corner and stay there up to 100-110 . But from a rolling start it's very equal not alot in it until top end. I have another friend with a type r his has a manifold sports cat and cat back system and a filter (aem) now mine and his there's nothing in it again but his has done 63k and has the newer facelift engine in a pee facelift model. I would love a type r or st but my Corsa is cheaper to run more fun and has more feel that's why I drive it if I wanted a comfy car with leather seats etc I have bought a bora or something but I love my Corsa and if your gonna say it's not comfy or no sat nav etc etc it hasn't it has 2 bucket seats which arnt the comfiest in the world but if I'd have wanted comfy seats I'd had left the original seats I'm or put cav heated leathers in ? Oh I forgot one small point COST ! My Corsa stands me at 3500 my mates type r 6k so i have alot of change from 6k enough to keep me fed for a while ha ha
Rob B

14th Dec 10 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
unless you disabled or looking to become a astranaut with the new models

I believe were talking about a EP3 are we not? ..
Johnston_888

14th Dec 10 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its might do becasue the power to weight ratio on thecorsais better than the STwhitch aint the lightest hot hatch on the market
gidged500
Premium Member

14th Dec 10 at 23:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its definatley power to weight if I have a passenger the type r goes past earlier on . He's just bought kpro vtec at 4300 now !
Johnston_888

14th Dec 10 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

having a passenger shouldnt make that much of a difference imo
Ash_EP3

14th Dec 10 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gidged500
Its definatley power to weight if I have a passenger the type r goes past earlier on . He's just bought kpro vtec at 4300 now !

Depending on what other mods he has he should see similar power output to moi (240.6 bhp)... I really don't think a redtop would come close especially mid-range / top end....

A corsa Sport with full interior and a redtop is what 1050 kgs?

So the Type R would be 150kgs more but with another 90bhp...

To put that into perspective my mates m3 is 1600kgs with 100 bhp more and it still beats me...
Ash_EP3

14th Dec 10 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry I've brought another car into this thread the redtop would be the same / quicker off the line against an ST but the ST would win top end... /thread
Rob B

15th Dec 10 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3
quote:

Depending on what other mods he has he should see similar power output to moi (240.6 bhp)... I really don't think a redtop would come close especially mid-range / top end....

To put that into perspective my mates m3 is 1600kgs with 100 bhp more and it still beats me...

What M3? When i had my EP3 it was 252bhp and i pulled on a e46 M3.
craig_s

15th Dec 10 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not just peak power its how much power the engine makes across the rev range and the torque it produces.

a red top makes around the same amount of torque,obviously this will make a big difference in a lighter car,even if its only 100-200 kgs,i bet the red top will make more of its power across the range too but im not sure on that.

[Edited on 15-12-2010 by craig_s]
craig_s

15th Dec 10 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3
quote:

What M3? When i had my EP3 it was 252bhp and i pulled on a e46 M3.

proof or it didnt happen.
Graham88

15th Dec 10 at 04:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do struggle to believe that your CTR beat an M3, but it all comes down to how good the drivers are really. I've raced the same cars and sometimes I pull on them sometimes I don't. Some people know how to drive and some don't. Which is why I take everything with a pinch of salt.
taylorboosh

15th Dec 10 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gidged youv spent 3500 on your corsa. You could get a ctr for a touch more....
dale87

15th Dec 10 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
I do struggle to believe that your CTR beat an M3, but it all comes down to how good the drivers are really. I've raced the same cars and sometimes I pull on them sometimes I don't. Some people know how to drive and some don't. Which is why I take everything with a pinch of salt.

this is the thing , so many factors can affect the outcome of any 'Race' between 2 different people and cars.

for example ive been sat on the limiter in 3rd in my xe waitin for a ctr to move out the way but then ive pulled on an m3 from 30-110? again to many factors in the mix to say my xe is quicker as i know for a fact the e46 m3 is faster as my mate has an e46 m3 and its scary quick if driven properly.

another example is ive got a mate who built a 1.8 vvc metro and even though it only had 150ish bhp it took a 400bhp evo to make it look slow because of how my friend can drive.

the redtop vs st outcome will be ,
redtop will jump off the line but lose out after 100 imo there no replacement for displacement at high speeds.
from a rolling start or on twisty roads id like to think a st wouldnt be able to lose an xe corsa but again alot of that will depend on the driver.

My mate with the m3 was impressed with a passenger ride in my old 1.6 sport as he expected it too be ALOT slower than it was, pinch of salt and all that
sc0ott

15th Dec 10 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig_s
did i once says its better?no!your a dreamer if you think the ctr is faster than a red top corsa.

im not backing anything im stating the facts.im under no illusion that the corsa is a great car as its not,its an average hatch back.

did i say you said it was better, no! youre the dreamer if you think the corsa is faster than the ctr. the corsas are quick yes but not quick enough to be 'faster' than my old clio and im not dreaming there because ive been up against a corsa in it, and the clios are not as quick as ctrs,

you say the ctr is a weak hatchback but the corsa is average! explain that one considering the corsa didnt come with a 2.0 from factory.

gez bay

15th Dec 10 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a corsa XE is on par with a clio williams, straight line performance imo

[Edited on 15-12-2010 by gez bay]
gidged500
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Corsa hasn't got a full Interior it has 2 buckets and I raced a new shape type r the other day from a standing start jumped ahead of him stayed there until I slowed down because there was a car infront then when the car moved we both put our foots down and I stayed infront of him ! My mates type r the red one has kpro and a cat back system and feels very quick my other mates type r black one has a manifold sports cat and cat back system and a aem and there isnt much difference between my Corsa and his Ctr so a standard type r isn'tuch trouble for me
sc0ott

15th Dec 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gez bay
a corsa XE is on par with a clio williams, straight line performance imo

[Edited on 15-12-2010 by gez bay]

Whats the williams like compared to the 182?
Mark Prydderch

15th Dec 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd guess a retop corsa will be a bit lighter than 1050kg, especially a stripped one. My LET with 6speed, quaife, full interior, whiteline etc. etc. weighs 1020kg.

Can't believe this is still going.. someone should just arrange a type r vs corsa - 1/4 mile day.
kennySRi

15th Dec 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My Corsa hasn't got a full Interior it has 2 buckets and I raced a new shape type r the other day from a standing start jumped ahead of him stayed there until I slowed down because there was a car infront then when the car moved we both put our foots down and I stayed infront of him ! My mates type r the red one has kpro and a cat back system and feels very quick my other mates type r black one has a manifold sports cat and cat back system and a aem and there isnt much difference between my Corsa and his Ctr so a standard type r isn'tuch trouble for me

You sound like a bunch of dicks to me does it really matter who has the faster car? I think we can all agree that they are similar speeds. You may prefer your car noisier and maybe more fun car and they could prefer their car to have the same speed but yet with a more solid car. Does it really matter what it frickin beats in a bloody street race?
Kieran
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I just point out street racing is illegal. And your posting it up on a public site.

Just letting you know
sc0ott

15th Dec 10 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just for the record my posts did not refer to any street racing.
gez bay

15th Dec 10 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and my posts
Kieran
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not saying every body. Didn't say you did I. Just in general speaking. Mainly people admitting to over 100 speeds

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Redtop Corsa vs st 22 database queries in 0.0173638 seconds