corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Redtop Corsa vs st

New Poll
  <<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Redtop Corsa vs st
Kieran
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Dec 10 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't bother me just thought I'd remind people
kennySRi

15th Dec 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gidged500
Ha ha this thread is amazing ! My mates got his st but won't race me yet he says he has to get used to it ! Ctr"s are awesome cars my mates has a itg filter on
It and cat back system toda I think and has done 990000 , my redtop Corsa has done 72000 has a decat and decat back system and standard manifold and a filter . From a standing start I can jump ahead and stay there up to about 110 when he starts to go past ever so slightly but I can brake later so I catch him up and beat him out of the corner and stay there up to 100-110 . But from a rolling start it's very equal not alot in it until top end. I have another friend with a type r his has a manifold sports cat and cat back system and a filter (aem) now mine and his there's nothing in it again but his has done 63k and has the newer facelift engine in a pee facelift model. I would love a type r or st but my Corsa is cheaper to run more fun and has more feel that's why I drive it if I wanted a comfy car with leather seats etc I have bought a bora or something but I love my Corsa and if your gonna say it's not comfy or no sat nav etc etc it hasn't it has 2 bucket seats which arnt the comfiest in the world but if I'd have wanted comfy seats I'd had left the original seats I'm or put cav heated leathers in ? Oh I forgot one small point COST ! My Corsa stands me at 3500 my mates type r 6k so i have alot of change from 6k enough to keep me fed for a while ha ha

Oh, how did i miss this post

What road are you racing on by the way? Doing speeds upto 110 and then going around corners and continueing speeds as high as that? I hope to god it is a dual carriageway. Please tell me what road it is so i know to dodge that road on my route to work or wherever as i live close to you, i dont want some dick in a corsa or a civic to come ploughing into the side of me whilst im leaving a junction.

PS. £3.5k to build a stripped out 2.0 corsa? What other mods has it got to get such a high price?
Kieran
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kenny That's kinda what I ment went I posted about watching what people say before they type. Glad someones with me there
BarnshaW

15th Dec 10 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus christ, yes the corsa might be every so slightly faster but does not make it a better car. better in the sense it might get to 100 slightly quicker, WOW!! i would rather have nice interior, sat nav, nice seats and extras for such a slight difference.

cost is irrelevant, you could spend 1000 pound on a rover 220 turbo which will be faster then both but will not make it a better car
kennySRi

15th Dec 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kizzacorsab
Kenny That's kinda what I ment went I posted about watching what people say before they type. Glad someones with me there

Im not usually one to get worked up when people say they have got caught speeding or whatever, but this is clearly street racing at stupid speeds and obviously is happening more than once. What idiot on the road races upto a corner at 110mph and breaks as late as possible just so he can prove that he can be faster than another car and then continue to race after the bend? What an absolute bellend!
taylorboosh

15th Dec 10 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So its not just a redtop its stripped aswell and your comparing it to a standard fully interiored ctr lmao
gidged500
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

110 kmph and my Corsa stands me at 3500 because I bought it aswell ! Bought it for 2k 3 years ago ! And spent about 1500 doing the engine conversion including all the parts (new)
chrisritch

15th Dec 10 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hope when your doing your fast and furious street racing you crash into each other and die horribly you stupid little fucking cunt.

110kmph? stop back peddling to try and not get flamed. your a fucking cunt end of
kennySRi

15th Dec 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
110 kmph and my Corsa stands me at 3500 because I bought it aswell ! Bought it for 2k 3 years ago ! And spent about 1500 doing the engine conversion including all the parts (new)

Oh im sorry, i didnt realise corsas read in kmph. So what road do you use and what times are you likely to be racing?

£1500? Take it you didnt fit it yourself and a huge chunk of that was labour?
chrisritch

15th Dec 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
quote:

Oh im sorry, i didnt realise corsas read in kmph. So what road do you use and what times are you likely to be racing?

they actually have both
kennySRi

15th Dec 10 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
quote:

they actually have both

oh ye, oops. I meant i didnt realise people actually read them as kmph. Anyway, he was doing 110mph
Nath

15th Dec 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Summary?
sc0ott

15th Dec 10 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Summary - a redtop corsa that is fully stripped out apart from two bucket seats, along with an engine rebuild and whatever mods can keep with a ctr, which makes this an average 90s hatchback compared to the weak ctr.
chrisritch

15th Dec 10 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the exact same mods were done on each car the ctr would fucking assrape the corsa.
kennySRi

15th Dec 10 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder if this corsa is even insured as a 2.0...
gidged500
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread is unreal ! Ha ha anybody read the thread title ?
kennySRi

15th Dec 10 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Random question gidged - when did you fit the engine into your car?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was the result then, hopefully if you tell them, this thread can finally gtf
sc0ott

15th Dec 10 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a few members including myself have mentioned how a corsa would stand against an st throughout the thread.

instead of just saying redtop corsa vs st, making out its completely standard apart from the engine try stating which mods it has and how much interior has been stripped because all that does play a big part.
Mike
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who gives one tbh? There's one part that can make any race and it's what makes these 17 pages of bollocks completely irrelevant, the drivers, if one's shit and the other's good there's the result, what cars they're in is merely a technicality so if we could all get on with posting elsewhere and leave this useless thread to die on its arse that'd be much appreciated
gidged500
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well people are arguing about how type rs are bad and others saying there good :/ I just wanted to know what the Corsa would stack up like . Yes my Corsa is insured as a 2.0 it has a standard engine fitted no rebuild new clutch,timing belt, water pump, conversion kit , new pads and discs (calibra v6) braided lines power cap and manifold back system (and labour) it has the back stripped out all the plastics etc in the front it has 2 buckets dash and door cards so not fully stripped
gidged500
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havnt raced him yet he says he needs to get used to his car
sc0ott

15th Dec 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there was a thread i didnt like i wouldnt post in it. I would leave it along. Its as simple as that
kennySRi

15th Dec 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well people are arguing about how type rs are bad and others saying there good :/ I just wanted to know what the Corsa would stack up like . Yes my Corsa is insured as a 2.0 it has a standard engine fitted no rebuild new clutch,timing belt, water pump, conversion kit , new pads and discs (calibra v6) braided lines power cap and manifold back system (and labour) it has the back stripped out all the plastics etc in the front it has 2 buckets dash and door cards so not fully stripped

Just seems a bit weird that at the beginning of april you were planning and buying the parts to do the conversion but then at the end of that month you were trying to insure your car as a 1.4 and were getting quotes of £1900 and you couldnt afford that You then also got it fitted within that month. I take it you found another company and after they gave you a quote for a 1.4 you asked how much it would be on top for a 2.0 conversion? Seems a bit odd to me
Mike
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
If there was a thread i didnt like i wouldnt post in it. I would leave it along. Its as simple as that

If that'll make it end any sooner I'll happily give it a try, see ya

<<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Redtop Corsa vs st 22 database queries in 0.1046991 seconds