corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Redtop Corsa vs st

New Poll
  <<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Redtop Corsa vs st
craig_s

User status: Offline
14th Dec 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still dont make it fast when fitted to the ep3 std does it?i didnt say it was a shit engine or why they only gave it power it has.still does not have enough torque std.dont need to own to have been in one do i.

[Edited on 14-12-2010 by craig_s]
Rob B

14th Dec 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being in one and driving one is a different story. There a dream to drive quickly.

And tell me a hot hatch quicker than it from 2000 - 2005?

You have to understand marketing a little to grasp the concept of this.

Also 6.2 0 - 60 Top speed of 150 are good figures for a hot hatch released in 2001. The only other cars that came close to this were EK9 Type R and possibly Clio Williams i believe.

[Edited on 14-12-2010 by Rob B]
craig_s

14th Dec 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

parkers says ctr is 6.4 0-60,and focus rs and audi a3 are quicker 0-60 and would pull harder top end.

market has got nothing to do with the pace of the car,this as people couldnt beleive a red top corsa could beat a ctr,which it can,i simply said ctr's are not that quick,never said anything about handling,build quality or reliability.
Rob B

14th Dec 10 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But it can't, equal drivers CTR would win.

Focus RS old 0-60 6.4 and new Focus RS 6.0

A Corsa C20XE may be able to pull level with a CTR but it wouldn't pull past one, that said your saying CTR's are slow so really your saying the same about the Corsa..
taylorboosh

14th Dec 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ctrs are fast. I dont know how people can sat a 200bhp hatch is slow
Rob B

14th Dec 10 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cause they drive the bees knees LET Corsa so it will be "slow" to them.
craig_s

14th Dec 10 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

againg parkers shows old rs is 6.2 i think,not alot i know,i never claimed red top corsa's are fast,just they are as quick if not quicker the a ctr.

although ctr has 200bhp it dont make full power for very long.
Rob B

14th Dec 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No NA car makes full power for very long..
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

14th Dec 10 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

99% of the people in this thread need to MTFU and stop swinging their handbags about

Has the OP actually updated since his mate bought the ST? If not, I'm guessing we have our answer.

Now if you can all stfu and let this thread die it'd be much appreciated because I'm sick of seeing the title every time I open GC

kthxbye
craig_s

14th Dec 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B

well your s2000 would be slow to me but thats got nothing to do with it.im only saying they are only as quick as a red top corsa and i dont find them fast imo.
taylorboosh

14th Dec 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like let corsas.

Also most modded corsas you see nowadays are redtops so its not even if they suprise people
taylorboosh

14th Dec 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id also like to see you pick a decebt frs up for 4k...
Rob B

14th Dec 10 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig_s
quote:
Originally posted by Rob B

well your s2000 would be slow to me but thats got nothing to do with it.im only saying they are only as quick as a red top corsa and i dont find them fast imo.

What's only as quick as a redtop Corsa? An S2000?

If you mean a CTR you've been saying there quicker the whole way through the thread

I doubt the s2000 would be slow to you but that's your opinion.
craig_s

14th Dec 10 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ctrs are only as quick as a corsa red top,someone said ctr would be quicker which theyre not.well i beat a ctr in my old one he must have been a shit driver.

id imagine your s2000 would feel slow to me having less power and torque and weighing more.
Ash_EP3

14th Dec 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ctrs are only as quick as a corsa red top,someone said ctr would be quicker which theyre not.well i beat a ctr in my old one he must have been a shit driver.

id imagine your s2000 would feel slow to me having less power and torque and weighing more.

I love the way you refer to a corsa redtop like it's a standard car.. it's had an engine conversion for fuck sake... Gavin's supercharged Type R would be quicker than a new Focus RS... Ford's performance must be going backwards according to your previous comments
craig_s

14th Dec 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3
quote:

I love the way you refer to a corsa redtop like it's a standard car.. it's had an engine conversion for fuck sake... Gavin's supercharged Type R would be quicker than a new Focus RS... Ford's performance must be going backwards according to your previous comments

i know its not std,someone else mentioned a ctr in thread so i commented that they are about the same.i didnt say anything about the corsa being std,i was comparing the cars mentioned which was a red top corsa and a ctr.
Ash_EP3

14th Dec 10 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3
quote:

i know its not std,someone else mentioned a ctr in thread so i commented that they are about the same.i didnt say anything about the corsa being std,i was comparing the cars mentioned which was a red top corsa and a ctr.

The point is you said it's not a weak hatch and you think it's not fast.... it's a 9 year old car now and still keeps up with most current hot hatches about and probably just as reliable (fanboyish alert)

I held off a skyline in mine a few weeks back (only a GTS)... I wouldn't say they weren't fast or weak just because I could keep up with it

If all drivers thought like you there wouldn't be any sports cars or super cars any more we'd all be driving small town cars with huge engines
craig_s

14th Dec 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

again its my opinion,oh and skyline gts's are pretty lame std,ive seen them get beat by lesser cars but im not going to mention which one.

i dont think that small cars with big engines are better just if you wanna make a quick car you start with the smallest/lightest model and stick a big engine in,dont make it better though.
Ash_EP3

14th Dec 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
again its my opinion,oh and skyline gts's are pretty lame std,ive seen them get beat by lesser cars but im not going to mention which one.

i dont think that small cars with big engines are better just if you wanna make a quick car you start with the smallest/lightest model and stick a big engine in,dont make it better though.

I'm not clued up on Skylines so I can't really comment... and judging by the huge flame out of the exhaust it wasn't standard

The ep3 is fairly light tbh 1200kgs
sc0ott

14th Dec 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I raced a corsa redtop in my old clio and it couldnt pass me and this was a very long stretch. Now my ctr is quicker than the clio so tell me how one can pass a ctr?

The whole ctr comments about them being weak is entirely bullshit. Compare it to the astra gsi turbo. The ctr would be quicker but wait the ctr has no turbo.

Youre the one talking shit about almost everything whilst backing the red top corsa. Obviously this makes you a fanboy

[Edited on 14-12-2010 by sc0ott]
craig_s

14th Dec 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did i once says its better?no!your a dreamer if you think the ctr is faster than a red top corsa.

im not backing anything im stating the facts.im under no illusion that the corsa is a great car as its not,its an average hatch back.
Rob B

14th Dec 10 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
did i once says its better?no!your a dreamer if you think the ctr is faster than a red top corsa.

im not backing anything im stating the facts.im under no illusion that the corsa is a great car as its not,its an average hatch back.

facts, where are these facts that back up anything you've said?
corsa120

14th Dec 10 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

craig i love u ur so honest........ im just loving the fact everybody puts words in your mouth and are unbelievably presumptuous...............

bit i love the most is nobody i.e me who is sticking up the corsa here has acually said its great car, we have acknowledged its rubbish what no one has grasped ENGINE CONVERSION OR NOT a 147bhp corsa with a 20 year old engine can match a super duper type r hahaha IN A STRAIGHT LINE OF COURSE DID NOT WANNA CAUSE CONFUSION amongst the folk
Rob B

14th Dec 10 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what i've read no body has been presumptuous, i certainly haven't.

No body has made the Type R a super duper car, so actually your contradicting your self a little by assuming we think it's "super dooper".

It was and still is one of the best on the market at exactly what it was built for. It came with reliability, the best 2.0 NA engine that's been built, the best gearbox in it's class and it wasn't and still isn't a bad looking car either. All that from a weak hot hatch.
205tom

14th Dec 10 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BOOOORRING

<<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Redtop Corsa vs st 22 database queries in 0.0224349 seconds