corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa sport kangarooing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa sport kangarooing
8vcorsa

User status: Offline
27th Oct 10 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa sport x16xe is kangarooing again i had to pull the bat off today and its reset it and its kangarooing again the eml came on the other day what is the problem and it only does it when its hot i think any help please i need it badly
8vcorsa

28th Oct 10 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

help please
Phillips_91

28th Oct 10 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not 100% on this one, but mine is also doing it, and as far as i know it's the egr valve is blocked i think, but like i said not 100% sure, could do with someone confirming it
8vcorsa

28th Oct 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine only does it when its warm though and before i pulled the bat off it ran fine with the eml comin on now and again
8vcorsa

28th Oct 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still need help
XE Col
Premium Member

29th Oct 10 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not the egr, mines the same, x12xe so far changed the following:
coil pack
plugs
Air flow meter
egr (also blanked)

next on my list is throttle position sensor, as it seems to do it when i lift off slightly or put the power down, maybe not sensing my foot on the pedal until 2000rpm
XE Col
Premium Member

29th Oct 10 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

by the way mine has no eml or fault codes
corsadonk
Premium Member

29th Oct 10 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine miss fired when cold, it was the coil pack. Feel all around it when it's running I could feel a tingly.
Haimsey
Premium Member

30th Oct 10 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gf's cars, x14xe tigra, has been doing this lately. Struggling to start, cuts out occasionally. Swapped coil pack and leads which helped slightly.

She called the aa out today and he has diagnosed it as the ECT the sensor that does the computer not the dash (whatever the hell that's all about).

Thought I'd update, gonna swap this bit over and see what happens.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Haimsey
Premium Member

30th Oct 10 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although, what he has told her to replace is the CTS (coolant temp sensor) so I'm guessing that's an ECT sensor .
And, the eml came on and paper clip test showed up EGR valve so I'm going to replace her EGR and CTS sensor and see what we get.

Edit: that makes sense now because the coolant temp for the dash is the little metal slide on/slide off bit. ECTS would be the coolant temp sensor as I know it.

[Edited on 30-10-2010 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
XE Col
Premium Member

30th Oct 10 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

problem solved idle air control valve, they are a right twat to find in the breakers but i got one, cleared codes sorted
8vcorsa

1st Nov 10 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i still aint bothered with mine i just let it kangaroo abit and eml comes on nd then its all fine

New Poll