corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » my car is kangarooing at 5000rpm and cant find out y please help me!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my car is kangarooing at 5000rpm and cant find out y please help me!
d.doss

User status: Offline
   14th Jan 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all, im new on this site and only just signed up the other day but i was just wondering if you could all be extremely helpful and help me with my car,
it all started about 6 month ago i was goin down the a38 towards derby and my car all of a sudden started kangarooing as such and the ecu light comes on ...... its the only way i can explain it. when i let off the accelerator it stopped this and i put my foot back down and it was fine again :S this happened like once a fortnight at this stage then it started to get worse like once a week and so on, well now its come to the point that it happens every time you get to 5000rpm and trust me it can get really fustraiting ive took it for several ecu checks because of the light coming up and ive had to replace the following items.
Intake Air Temperature Sesnor (ATS)
Camshaft sensor
there is nothing else now y it should be doing this as the ecu light does not come on no more and i cant get a reading from it
im wondering if you have to reset your ecu after fixing because your ecu still logged down that there is a problem? and is still in limp mode ? i dont have a clue how the ecu side of things works it puzzles me lol
oh by the way its a corsa b 1.4 sport dohc 2000 w reg
thank you very much for your time. dan
Davidkent

14th Jan 09 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuel filter?
Air Filter?

Blockages can cause more problems than sensors sometimes.
Possibly fuel, as where there's a high demand for fuel, it struggles.

They're only a fiver - worth the risk imo
d.doss

15th Jan 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers m8 going to try this today but im only going to try fuel filter because iv only just put in a new air filter
ill let you know how it went if this doesnt work i think im goin to give up and just take it in the garage but ill post wot was up with it
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th Jan 09 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a standard Air Filter?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
d.doss

15th Jan 09 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no but ive tried a standerd one and a after market bmc air filter that i found ling about, ive tried the fuel filter and its made no difference at all so im really puzzled on what to try next please help lol

[Edited on 15-01-2009 by d.doss]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Jan 09 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you changed your Crank Sensor and Air Flow Sensors yet?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
d.doss

16th Jan 09 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no not crank sensor, but i have air flow sensor and ive also changed the cam shaft sensor which was a waste off money 68quid but it did say it had a fault with it tho, do you have to reset the ecu after you fix the problem so its not in safe mode no more ? and could i do this my self ?

New Poll