corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Jerkiness and "kangarooing"

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jerkiness and "kangarooing"
Blade_sri

User status: Offline
11th Nov 03 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was wondering if anyone could post a pic of were to find the below, as im at a losse cos i cant find it...

Thanks

If you think you are having running problems wiith your SRI, here is a possible cause:

Symptoms: Jerkiness and "kangarooing"

Possible problem:
Hole in the vacuum pipe to the MAP sensor and idling problems caused by ICV. The MAP vacuum tube often rubs on the back of the inlet manifold housing causing a hole and effectively no vacuum. Not always easy to spot as it is under the scuttle panel/ behind the housing.

The ICV is not as specific to 8v SRis but is always a good place to start when there is a loss of power/ lumpy running etc
Demo

11th Nov 03 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jerkiness and kangarooing means you cannot drive for shit
Blade_sri

11th Nov 03 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, Thanks for that!

quote:
Originally posted by Demo
jerkiness and kangarooing means you cannot drive for shit
Gavin
Premium Member

11th Nov 03 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Blade_sri
I was wondering if anyone could post a pic of were to find the below, as im at a losse cos i cant find it...

Thanks

If you think you are having running problems wiith your SRI, here is a possible cause:

Possible problem:
Hole in the vacuum pipe to the MAP sensor and idling problems caused by ICV. The MAP vacuum tube often rubs on the back of the inlet manifold housing causing a hole and effectively no vacuum. Not always easy to spot as it is under the scuttle panel/ behind the housing.

The ICV is not as specific to 8v SRis but is always a good place to start when there is a loss of power/ lumpy running etc

that was the probelm with mine.... the pipe wasubbing and had split open...meaning the there wasnt a vacuum with the pipe for the map sensor to work properly.... (see red arrows)
try there....

if not check all other pipes for splits or cracks....replace them if they look old.

also check inside pipes for mayo looking cr@p and clean them out.... (see blue arrows)

pew pew pew pewwwww
Gavin
Premium Member

11th Nov 03 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not the nicest looking engine in the world be still.....it will do

pew pew pew pewwwww
Blade_sri

11th Nov 03 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you

quote:
Originally posted by B19 GAV
quote:
Originally posted by Blade_sri

Thanks

Possible problem:

that was the probelm with mine.... the pipe wasubbing and had split open...meaning the there wasnt a vacuum with the pipe for the map sensor to work properly.... (see red arrows)
try there....

if not check all other pipes for splits or cracks....replace them if they look old.

also check inside pipes for mayo looking cr@p and clean them out.... (see blue arrows)

Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

12th Nov 03 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will this be the same on my 1.2 because this is happening to me and it is really annoying, just stalls at junctions
Gavin
Premium Member

12th Nov 03 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates got a 1.2.... if i'm right the layout of the engine is different....
the pipe leading to the map sensor if free from rubbing against anything....
so i dont thing it will be that.
u could also check it....

pew pew pew pewwwww

New Poll