corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(*
hazzacorsa

User status: Offline
19th Sep 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love 5 doors a had one ma self a wee while back now in fact ma 1st corsa was one
nibnob21
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vectra map light fitted

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

28th Sep 10 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few other scrapyard parts....

Corsa C glasses holder

Sunvisors with mirrors

Flush interior wing mirror covers

MK3 Astra interior ceiling handles for back seats

Tigra orange needles

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

5th Oct 10 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple of pics of the gloss black wiper arms. Not a very good paint job but they look loads better than before Oh and in the process, I've lost the rear wiper nut cap so if anyone has one can I buy it off you please???????

[Edited on 05-02-2011 by nibnob21]

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I'd update a list of my plans. Things will be moving slowly for a while though as I'm looking for a part time job and until I get one, my student loan won't be enough to fund car mods as well as living costs

To Do:

• Twin exhaust
  • Wind deflectors
  • Gloss black scuttle panel and door handles

That's all I want to do really for the time being. I'm also thinking of getting some new wheels. What do people think of these? The wheels are 15" 7J so they have a bit of a dish on them and I could just get my current tyres swapped over I do like the Softstars and I know I was lucky to get hold of them but these other wheels are pretty sweet too and they're something a bit different. I like the euro look and so I thought I may head in that direction and so some wheels with a bit of dish could work well. I may look into replacing the angels with depos too. Not really sure?!

I'm also considering gloss blacking my arches and bumper tops as the colour coding just isn't a good colour match. And with the gloss blacked scuttle panel and door handles it could look quite good?! The thing with my arches is that I like them colour coded but it really bugs me that the colour match is out and it's fairly noticeable. If the match was good then I'd definitely keep it how it is but because it isn't I thought perhaps gloss black could look pretty cool

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

10th Nov 10 at 00:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SMD sidelights and Stebel Nautilus installed and SRi 3 spoke steering wheel on its way

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

11th Dec 10 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started to service the car today. I only had a couple of hours of daylight to work with but I've made some good progress.

I've poured in a bottle of STP petrol treatment into a full tank of fuel so once I've got through all of that I'll change the fuel filter, so probably in a week or two.

I got the standard air filter changed for a K&N panel filter:

I changed the pollen filter. The state of the old one was unreal, it had leaves stuck in it and everything! Here's the old one compared to the new one:

The last thing I got done today was replacing the angel eyes with my new Depos. I didn't realise how much better they would look! The pictures don't do them justice but they look much nicer and far less tacky. They have the SMD sidelights and brand new blue coated headlight bulbs and so the lights look really nice and crisp. The beams are obviously not as bright as the HIDs but I prefer the cleaner look. I'm really really happy with the outcome

Here's a few pictures of changing them and of the light comparison:

Tomorrow I'm planning on doing an STP oil flush, Castrol Magnatec oil change and the oil filter. And I may get round to changing the steering wheel to my 3 spoke SRi one too.

Comments welcome

MX5 Project Thread
hazzacorsa

11th Dec 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good mate makies me want another 5 door
nibnob21
Premium Member

11th Dec 10 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate. Yeah there aren't enough 5 doors about!

MX5 Project Thread
hazzacorsa

11th Dec 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

al go get a pic oh my 5 door it was bout 4 years ago now did not know much at that point
hazzacorsa

11th Dec 10 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hazzacorsa

11th Dec 10 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that was a 1st corsa a bought it bog standard lowered it fitted full sri interior white dials with rev counter detripped it and it was a 1.4 8v
nibnob21
Premium Member

11th Dec 10 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the colour, but that exhaust is huuuuuggeeee lol

MX5 Project Thread
hazzacorsa

11th Dec 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye it was big she was clean but was rotten underneath that corsa was the start oh ma love affair av had 19 now
got 2 1.6 sports now and still love it lol
nibnob21
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 00:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I finally got round to washing the car today. I don't think it's been washed in literally 2 or 3 months and the state of it was horrendous! Here's a couple of pics comparing the clean bits to the dirty bits:

The boot was by far the worst bit:

The state of the mitt after one small wipe of the boot:

All done with tyres dressed and wheels cleaned :

I didn't have the time to polish it today but it's on my list. Looking at the paintwork after I washed it has shown me how dull and bad it really is. The colour coding will definitely need redoing properly in when the weather warms up a bit and there are loads of little tar dots and the paint has no real shine to it. A job for the AG Ultra Deep Shine polish me thinks

I've been keeping my eye out for months and months and have now finally got my hands on a 5 door lip spoiler

MX5 Project Thread
am4nf

19th Jan 11 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prefered it on the tigra wheels, also you say u got pressed plates..... I cant see them
nibnob21
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 00:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
Prefered it on the tigra wheels, also you say u got pressed plates..... I cant see them

Each to their own but I prefer the Softstars Well the plates are on the car so they're quite hard to miss! Unless you've just made some sort of joke that I haven't got lol

MX5 Project Thread
am4nf

19th Jan 11 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just they dont look very pressed mate
am4nf

19th Jan 11 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like so:
nibnob21
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 01:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh right I see, well they aren't of the highest quality but they are definitely pressed, even if they don't look like it much in the pictures

And having that slight white border around each letter like the plates in that pic you posted makes it more obvious they are pressed whereas mine don't have that so it's not as easy to tell they are pressed.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

24th Jan 11 at 00:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my spoiler in the post this weekend but the seller only sent me three of the four mounting brackets. But they're going to have a look for the missing one tomorrow and post it to me

It's in good condition but it does need a rub down then I'll spray it up.

Does anyone know what this cut out bit on the underside is for? It's off centred and it looks like it was manufactured that way, not just cut out by some randomer. If it was just for the washer jet I would have thought the cut out would be smaller and in the centre???

And here are a few pictures of one of the mounting brackets. I'm still not 100% sure how I'm going to properly line them up for drilling because to know where they go, I need the spoiler to go over them, therefore covering them and making it so I can't get a pen in the screw holes to mark the car! Any ideas or help would be appreciated!!!

MX5 Project Thread
AlexW

24th Jan 11 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the hole is for the washer jet it is prob so you can connect the pipe easy. Only reason I can think of.

Paint of some kind for the brackets.
nibnob21
Premium Member

5th Feb 11 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted some Plasma Dials.

I accidentally broke the pin that the needle goes onto on the temperature gauge so I'll need to get a new one lol.

I don't have any night time pictures yet but they're still looking good

MX5 Project Thread
SeanXE

5th Feb 11 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good that, really liking 5 doors atm
nibnob21
Premium Member

5th Feb 11 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SeanXE
Looking good that, really liking 5 doors atm

Cheers mate, needs a few bits and pieces sorting but it gets me from A to B which is the main thing

MX5 Project Thread

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Atlantis Blue 5 Door *Sold :(* 24 database queries in 0.1096370 seconds